Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default England yesterday

As one of the bitter scots i had to applaud England yesterday they played the best they have played in the tournament and done well to keep going well into extra time. the main difference was at the end the Portugal goalie ricardo who was awesome, but other than that there was nothing between the teams even though england played most of the match with a man short..

still sick that scotland didnt qualify though

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: England yesterday

England don't deserve to be in the semis. Lack of attacking football throughout the entire tournament, fecking boring to watch. Apart from Terry, the 2 Coles and Hargreaves nobody else is worth talking about - they were all pants. Lampard seriously needs to be dropped, as for Gerrard - his 2 goals disguised his poor performances throughout the tournament. McLaren is a fooking joke, can't believe he's the new boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snotty
    as for Gerrard - his 2 goals disguised his poor performances throughout the tournament.
    Agree m8, he was very average, but still not as bad as fat frank.
    SUNDERLAND AFC - THE NORTH EASTS ONLY PREMIERSHIP TEAM

Thanks
    Karma Level

Very disappointed with Lampard. Someone on here said a few months back that he goes missing in lots of big games, after seeing him in some of Chelsea's big games last season and the WC I agree!
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yet again England have found their level. When are we going to realise that we're a decent team who should make the quarters, but no better.

We'd have been embarrased by France in the Semi. All this bollocks about raising our game for better teams, if we did that why the fuck do we always lose?

Whether we lose in 90 minutes, 120 minutes or on Penalties we are simply not good enough.

Thanks
    Karma Level

England don't have enough quality in depth. Look at Portugal with the midfield problems they had yesterday they still had the likes of Simao on the bench as cover!

France have really impressed me in the last 2 games...still think Germany will win though

Thanks
    Karma Level

i thought the tactics were our main culprit. Agread all the players didnt perform well at all, but crouch played brilliantly as a line striker - won the ball, held it up and waited for support. Thats not rooneys game, and he shouldnt have been put in that possition, and hence his overall frustration. Lennon was amazing, and he should have been on from the start.

As for terry - i thought he was poor - throughtout the tournement he made several school boy errors and didnt look like the legend he is for chelsea.

Hargreaves - made me change my mind. His poor performances throught qualification and friendlies were forgotten with his great play in the last 2 games he played. I was suprised he started since carrick did so well against equidor, but he held his own.

I hope fat frank gets dropped. Both him and gerard can't play together - stick to the 4-4-2 with one defensive mid, and bring on mclaren!
    If I'm not back in five minutes... wait longer!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought that Terry was poor as well. Gerrard will continue to pay poorly as long as Lampard plays alongside him.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

The tactics were shit again no forward balls instead they nocked it back to the defence all the fucking time and Ferdinand just lobbed it up the field they had no idea at all. We deserve what happend another guy to blame now in Rooney we all keep raveing about him but he didnt play to expectation and proved he is a stupid little kid by not keeping his head!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Agree with the stupid little kid comment but in the games he did play in he was played out of position, so he can't be expected to perform. Especially against Ecudor when Robinson just punted it down the pitch to him as though he was Crouch. That was just a waste of possession.

Hargreaves has completely changed my opinion of him. He was our best player for the last two games and never stopped. He was also our best penalty taker in practices and showed that on the pitch. However against portugal he did do bugger all to help the defence when playing the ball out. He just kept hiding behind the forwards so they couldn't pass to him which resulted in Rio and terry playing pass the parcel.

I thought Crouch played superbly when he came on against Portugal. He won almost every ball hit to him, held it up and he linked up with Lennon brilliantly. Infact the link up play off those two off of long balls gave us several goalscoring chances in extra time.
    As soon as it went to penalties i knew we'd lost.

And how much of a Cunt was Ronaldo? If i was Rooney i'd smack him in the mouth the next time i saw him. What he did/said to Rooney pregame in the center cirle was no-way friendly. Such a cockey diving fucktard. I hope someone runs the twat over...