Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Fire bosses probe tumble dryer prank

Fire bosses probe tumble dryer prank

Neal Keeling

Mystery 'fireman' caught on camera

AN investigation has been launched after a man believed to be a firefighter was filmed being spun in a tumble dryer while on duty.

The highly dangerous prank is thought to have taken place at a station in Greater Manchester. Footage of the incident was obtained by the Manchester Evening News.

It shows a man in uniform getting into an industrial drying machine which he packs with clothes to protect himself.

He tells his colleagues: "As soon as I say, let me out."
    One officer says: "Get your head near the front . . . get yourself forward a bit."

The machine is then switched on and the fireman is turned over inside it several times as others laugh hysterically. The door is opened and the fireman complains of feeling dizzy.

The footage, which appears to have been filmed on a mobile phone, was sent </TEXT>to fire bosses and members of the fire authority.

County Fire Officer Barry Dixon said: “We are trying to find out if this video is of one of our firefighters.

Investigation

“A full investigation has begun and initial information would suggest that it is one of our personnel.

“We are extremely grateful to the individual who brought this incident to our attention.

“The health and safety of our personnel is a priority and we see the investigation, of what appears to be a reckless act, as a priority.”

A fire service spokesman said: “It is blatantly obvious that getting into a tumble dryer, especially of industrial design, is not only foolish, but dangerous in the extreme.”

If tracked down, the fireman involved faces possible disciplinary action for breaching health and safety policy, as well as bringing the reputation of the fire service into disrepute.

The officer in charge of the station at the time could also face action.
    The large yellow tumble dryer used in the video footage clearly has a “caution” warning embossed on the front of it. Accents picked up on the soundtrack of footage appear to be local.

Brigade investigators have already established that the machine is of the type used until recently on stations to clean firefighters’ clothing.

Fire kit in the brigade is now sent away to a contractor to be cleaned, but the machine in the film may have been kept on a station for small-scale cleaning, such as towels.

Video

<A onclick="window.open('/men/video/popup/401.html','videoclips','toolbar=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,width=300,height=376');return false" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/men/video/popup/401.html" target=_blank>See the full incident here

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....yer_prank.html

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Fire bosses probe tumble dryer prank

whats it come to that you cant have a laugh at work?
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

Thanks
    Karma Level

they should know better..what goes around comes around..
    Sometimes i like nasty close ups,
    Sometimes I like them air brushed,
    Sometimes it's a spread brown eye,
    Sometimes it's girl on girl.
    Sometimes a steamy letter will do it.
    And not often, but sometimes I like the idea of a chick
    with a horse.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by knievel
    they should know better..what goes around comes around..
    lmao

On a serious note, i dont see an issue here. Theres no need to fire the guy, i dont think that because he did this that hes bad at his job

edit - anyone know how to download that?
    Last edited by dan288; 8th August 2006 at 08:57 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

What a joke, if he wants to put himself in a fu(king tumble dryer then let him. And that reputation comment is bollocks, I think no less of his fire service and would feel no worse about him going to put out a fire than anyone else. That is the government interfering with people's lives too much. Obviously if he got injured, he wouldn't be able to sue, fair enough.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I also think the dispute stuff is bollox, if anything, it was the grass or the bosses who did bring the brigade into disrepute, as that vid was most likely meant for private use only.

Well I suppose if you are gonna get bollocked at work, at least make it worthwhile, I got told off for my use of the web at about 9.30am at work today. Only had my first round through df, was 1/2 way through my next forum on the list and thats it, I suddenly no longer feel like going to work anymore.

I suspect if I terminate WinVNC I won't get caught anymore, or will they think i'm being sneaky, and trace ip's access from my machine and really s**t on me?