Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default My site what do you think?

What do you think about my first attempt?

start again or pay someone to do it for me?

Its still under construction but ive done the basic layout i want like.

Please let me know what you think.

www.kjb-installations.co.uk

I know thats not the same name as what im advertising for im just waiting for my new domain to be registered the KJB is my initials but i thought it didnt sund too well as a company name so i decided to change it.

So if your looking for a nice new conservatory or anything come and see me and i will what i can do .

Regards

Kev.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: My site what do you think?

Hi Kev,

Design looks good to me, just a few things i noticed:-
    Top menu is different on 1st page to the rest. Gallery appears on the home page, which then later changes to contact us. I think the other pages need changing...

Maybe me being a bit pedantic, the mid section of the home page where your bullet points are, why is there such large gap between the title and the points?

As a whole it looks a nice site.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Looks good as a starter Kev

Be consistent, though, in how you address your public.

Each conservatory, garden room is designed to the client's individual requirements
    ..we design to your exact needs
    I far prefer the "your" address method which gives a slightly warmer feel than "the client", who is reading your words.

Good start mate

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Very minor points Kev, as I realise the site is not yet finalised, but I would give Liverpool and Merseyside capital letters.

Also the two pics of conservatories you have used (and I presume they are ones that you have built?) are both super looking conservatories but the pics would be SO much better if taken on a sunny day, especially the one with the shadow right across it. The point being that most people would imagine a sitting in a conservatory on a nice sunny hot day so you need to create that image on your site. Maybe even go for a few "posed" pics of kids playing in or a couple having a drink etc.? just to show the versatility of the room. I definitely feel that more pics (even if it's just different angles of the same conserv.) would give a greater visual image of your work.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by venkata View Post
    Hi Kev,

Top menu is different on 1st page to the rest. Gallery appears on the home page, which then later changes to contact us. I think the other pages need changing...

Maybe me being a bit pedantic, the mid section of the home page where your bullet points are, why is there such large gap between the title and the points?

right will sort that out now

thanks for the reply.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by venkata View Post
    Hi Kev,

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    Looks good as a starter Kev

Be consistent, though, in how you address your public.

I far prefer the "your" address method which gives a slightly warmer feel than "the client", who is reading your words.

Good start mate

Shambles another good point will sort that out

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roach-Rampino View Post
    Very minor points Kev, as I realise the site is not yet finalised, but I would give Liverpool and Merseyside capital letters.

Also the two pics of conservatories you have used (and I presume they are ones that you have built?) are both super looking conservatories but the pics would be SO much better if taken on a sunny day, especially the one with the shadow right across it. The point being that most people would imagine a sitting in a conservatory on a nice sunny hot day so you need to create that image on your site. Maybe even go for a few "posed" pics of kids playing in or a couple having a drink etc.? just to show the versatility of the room. I definitely feel that more pics (even if it's just different angles of the same conserv.) would give a greater visual image of your work.

I will see what i can come up with i have quite a few more pictures to put on so i will choose some nice ones.

Thanks
    Karma Level

what would be my best way to get my website showing up in searches how much would i have to spend or can i submit them for free?

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you are serious about your business then get serious about your website. That's about the best advice I could give you.

You wouldn't expect a member of the public to erect their own conservatory, otherwise you'd be out of business. Same applies to building websites. Let the professionals do it.

I personally wouldn't dream of spending upwards of £5k with a company who looks like they've spent less than a £5 on their website.

That may sound harsh and it is, but it's good advice.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    If you are serious about your business then get serious about your website. That's about the best advice I could give you.

You wouldn't expect a member of the public to erect their own conservatory, otherwise you'd be out of business. Same applies to building websites. Let the professionals do it.

I personally wouldn't dream of spending upwards of £5k with a company who looks like they've spent less than a £5 on their website.

That may sound harsh and it is, but it's good advice.
    Yeah sounds harsh to me . but i like your honesty would you happen to recommed anyone to make me one also what sort of prices would i expect to pay?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by k3v1n123 View Post
    what would be my best way to get my website showing up in searches how much would i have to spend or can i submit them for free?
    Hi K

The site looks good to me.

Getting on front page of Google is an science in itself, there are a few ways that you can start the process but it can take 6 months to get there !

Firstly get listed in an good online directory, googlebots go there first because websites sumitted for inclusion are reviewed by people and therefore have some "credibility". Google likes this. You have to submit your link to the directory though for review.

Secondly get lots of keyword rich text in your first paragraph of text on the front page. Think what your customers would use to search for in google and include those words but make the paragraph readable not just a load of words jumbled together.

Thirdly get quality links to and from your site. Is there a trade organisation that you can link to and from? Have you worked for anybody with thier own site that can refer you? Get your pages recommended by other sites and make sure you get a link in there. Googlebots follow links and ranks pages on good links to and from "good" sites. Don't pay for link farms, google will spank you hard for false or paid for links.

this only is a really small fraction of what to do but it defintiely help.

Oh, and what is the small picture on the bottom left of the front page? It doesn't look like anything in particular.

Good luck
    MML

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by muttleymacclad View Post
    Hi K

The site looks good to me.

Getting on front page of Google is an science in itself, there are a few ways that you can start the process but it can take 6 months to get there !

Firstly get listed in an good online directory, googlebots go there first because websites sumitted for inclusion are reviewed by people and therefore have some "credibility". Google likes this. You have to submit your link to the directory though for review.

Secondly get lots of keyword rich text in your first paragraph of text on the front page. Think what your customers would use to search for in google and include those words but make the paragraph readable not just a load of words jumbled together.

Thirdly get quality links to and from your site. Is there a trade organisation that you can link to and from? Have you worked for anybody with thier own site that can refer you? Get your pages recommended by other sites and make sure you get a link in there. Googlebots follow links and ranks pages on good links to and from "good" sites. Don't pay for link farms, google will spank you hard for false or paid for links.

this only is a really small fraction of what to do but it defintiely help.

Oh, and what is the small picture on the bottom left of the front page? It doesn't look like anything in particular.

Good luck
    MML

Thanks m8 sounds ok to me i have redisgned the whole site let me know you all think new link http://www.crown-doubleglazing.co.uk ..

Site is still under construction.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I like it. Its uncluttered, simple to navigate and gets to the point

well done