Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Polish TV in UK?

Hello all

my partner (Polish) has been hounding me to find out how i can get polish tv setup for her. She has been to a friends place, where they apparently have a set top box of some kind, which gives them access to some polish tv channels.

i currently have a standard Sky + box and dish, and have no knowledge of making it do anything more than what its supposed to

any advice please?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Polish TV in UK?

it wont get u polish tv thats for sure m8 u will have to invest in a diff (bigger) dish and stb and possibly card

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks mate

i have been in touch with a local satelite guy, who is going to put a quote together for me on a digital stb and 85cm dish, apparently it will also allow me to see hundreds of other FTA channels

Thanks
    Karma Level

go to aldi or lidl one of them is doing a deal for stb and dish for fta channels

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers mate, god, didnt know they were so cheap

how do i know what size dish i will need?

they have a package here http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...ceiver_Set.ar7

which has a 57cm dish, not sure what size i will need though, they cable guy i contacted yesterday hasnt even bothered getting back to me with a price, must be really busy

they also have an 85 cm dish here for £15 http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...llite_Dish.ar7 but not sure if this comes with the required LNB

how much do you reckon a staelite guy might charge to install the dish and cable (pretty sure i can connect it) but would need him to set it to the right angles etc

thanks for all you help

Thanks
    Karma Level

85cm is best to get as min. you can buy a good lnb off e-bay for about £15 installation can be expensive so i would do as much as you can yourself just have him come out and point it at whatever sat u wanna see. there are guides here on how to setup dishes and motors if u seach.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok

after spending the night reading up on all of the info i have found on here, i think im gonna take the plunge and try it myself. The majority of FTA Polish channels are on Hotbird 13 & Astra 19 (from here http://www.flysat.com/tv-pl.php )

If i was to purchase the following items
    http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...e_Receiver.ar7

& the dish
    http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...llite_Dish.ar7

would it be possible to get an lnb that would support picking up both hotbird and astra, i think i read somehwere that you can get an lnb to do this, also would this reciever support this

or should i just start off simple and go for a simple lnb that can pick up one or the other? i think hotbird has quite a bit to offer!

thanks once again

Thanks
    Karma Level

yea you can get a twin lnb for this but! seein as you wanna go for it dont get a fta box spend a little more and get somthing thats patchable or will take a cam that will give you a bit more if not alot more choice.
    this could be for you http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TECHNOMATE-SAT...QQcmdZViewItem

also this is the type of lnb you will need http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lemon-2-Db-Twi...QQcmdZViewItem

shop around for best prces m8.
    Last edited by the_wizzard; 30th August 2006 at 11:15 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi Wizzard

i will deffo be looking at you latest suggestion, still very much a good deal in my opinion. I have however hit a "minor" snag in getting this done. I have asked my landlord if she minds if i put up another dish, and she says its fine as long as it is not on the side or front of the property. I have no idea yet in which direction this new dish is going to have to face, the only thing i can tell you is that my current sly dish is at the back of the house, and at a 45' angle pointing right. if this new dish is going to be pointing in approx the same direction, or within the 180' angle i have to play with, then thats all sweet, however, if it needs to point in the complete opposite direction, it would then need to be placed on the front of the house (which i cannot do, unless i kicked the kid out of his own room, and set it up pointing out of his window.......lol)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi m8,

I too have a Polish better half, the easiest thing to do is to get a Cyfrowy Polsat box the next time your over in Poland. You can do pre-pay for a year and take the box with you. We picked ours up for about £100 all in. You can pay more and get more channels if you want for the year, also note you'll need to register it at a Polish address ;-)

The when we first bought it back I simply swang round the original sly dish and it was fine, picked up all the channel after a bit of tinkering (IIRC down a bit and then ~15 degrees to the left as you look at the dish)

I have since installed a 95cm dish and motor and bought a couple of DM500s's although I havn't yet read up on the whole extracting the boxkey/rsa from the card/box yet so we're still using her Cyfrowy box for the Polish....also it's getting annoying not having my TiVo running through Sly so I think a second dish is going up one for sly and the motorised one for Polish / Everything else :-)