Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: pipex, good or not so good??

Been with pipex 8 months no probs but they do have a uk call centre. and not one in india as other isp's have.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    not one in india as other isp's have.
    like who? ive not heard many complaints about outsourced isp call centres..

Thanks
    Karma Level

no problems with pipex been with them for 3 yrs good service and good comms
    sorry

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tell you what...give their customer support a call and see how long it takes to connect you through. Not to mention how expensive they are and contract will be 12 months.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My pipex experience - I have been with pipex for probably 3 years - with no service issues whatsoever - receiving a constant line speed with no dropped connections.

However 2 weeks ago - i dropped pipex an email as i wanted to upgrade my account to have a static IP address as i want to access my home network from work. I couldnt use the pipex control panel to do this as it is not working (have checked it a couple of times over the last couple of weeks to no avail - god knows how long it has been not working prior to this).

In response to my email i got a " call customer services and they will sort this out type of reply" - to which i did last week after waiting prob 30 mins on the telephone - (early evening so shouldnt be peak time). I got a guy on the end that told be a static IP would cost me an extra 2.50 a month on my solo 1000 package (not happy about being a long term subscriber but accepted it) -- -- and would take 3 working days max to sort out.

To cut a long story short after numerous emails (with no response ), I am still without my static IP. And am strongly looking at leaving pipex for greener pastures - would advise anybody considering signing up with Pipex not to!. It might be ok if you have no problems - but if you need customer support you are in the sh*t

Not sure whether i read it in this thread or elsewhere but with the buyout new advertising theyve obviously took on more than they can handle without upgrading their support infrastructure.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I ordered Sky on Friday and gave Pipex the finger. They didn't offer anything to keep me, not that I expected them too really.
    Stu.... :-)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by stu99 View Post
    Well I ordered Sky on Friday and gave Pipex the finger. They didn't offer anything to keep me, not that I expected them too really.

That is the route i'm taking

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was a pipex customer from day one that the ADSL arrived. Never had any service issues. Line was down twice in 4 years. However its like mortgages loyalty don't pay.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Similar experience - been with them for about 3 years. Never had an issue with connection (1mb unlimited at moment). Everything else is crap!

Since they changed their web servers I can no longer connect to my web space or get any sense out of customer services? So have bought a domain name,signed up with Easyspace for hosting and use Astaweb for newsgroups

It does mean I'm in a position to migrate with minimal disruption if they don't sort themselves out soon.

Guido

Thanks
    Karma Level

Exactly the same as me - four years loyalty, all for feck all.

I'm sure Sky will have teething problems, especially with attraction so many new customers but I am sick of Pipex sticking their fist firmly up my @rse and taking best part of £25 off me every month.
    Stu.... :-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Looks like Pipex are limiting torrent downloads once again via a new method. Cant get over 30k even with encryption on. Wankers...other than that the service has been good with them. Will probably move on at the end of my contract though cos they seem pricey compared to what you can get elsewhere for the same cash.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My experience with Pipex is that i have been with them for nearly 2 years now and have had no major problems with them whatsoever. Until, i came to upgrade my 2mb line to an 8 mb line.
    I have phoned them on numerous occasions to ask about the 8mb line and they keep telling me that they are still doing tests in my area and that at the moment it is unavailable because they would not like to provide a service that is flawed!! Everybodyelse is!!!! 4 months later we are still waiting and every other company have give 8mb lines out and i have just had a letter from Sky with a code saying i can be first in the queue for the area for 8mb at £10 per month
    Looks like Pipex are getting fired

Thanks
    Karma Level

Never had a prob with disconnecting, only prob is there C/S . Could do with more staff but they are generally halpful.

Thanks
    Karma Level

been with pipex around 3-4 years now,been a very good isp untill they introduced p2p throttling,20kps limit on bit-torrent and emule,but you can use encryption on both to get your max speeds,doesnt work too well on emule but works a treat for bit-torrents,apart from that,pipex have been pretty good.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I too have been with Pipex for over 4 years and hardly a problem. Like others, I have just jumped ship to join Sky. The lady who gave me the MAC code sounded very depressed and I got the impression they were haemorrhaging old customers . As I said to her though, it is a pity they did not think about their long-standing customers first when they were introducing ADSL Max instead of just fobbing us off with excuses while giving all the good offers to new customers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm also a long standing Pipex customer and on a 1Mb Solo connection at £23.44. Got my MAC last month but decided to stay a while to see what happens. Both Be(now o2 owned and I have a £35pm o2 contract) and Bulldog (now a Pipex company) have recently LLU'd my local exchange so I'll wait a while to see how things pan out. Would really like to stop paying £11 to BT for line rental on a phone I don't use. Thought about Pipex Homecall (£30pm all in) but research didn't look too promising.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The HOFF says it's good, what more do you need?

Thanks
    Karma Level

again a long term user,23.44 a month for 'uncapped' 1 meg now throttled to 20k ,sometimes encrypted bitorrent works,sometimes it dont,apparantly if you pay by credit card(i do/did)and leave they are prone to charging you monthly rental afterwards ! ive just swapped to DD as will be watching to see they dont double charge,never had a reply from customer services using email and as soon as i get my head round it will be leaving
    howie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12