Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default biting the inside of my mouth - wisdom teeth?

I keep biting the inside of my mouth, generally while I sleep.

it's in the same place, back of my jaw around the back on each side. All wisdom teeth are through, and look like they're fine, but perhaps my jaw / mouth skin isn't compensating. Or it might be stress or something ghey like that?

Anyone else do it? main problem is that while the pain is mild, it's consistant and lasts for days. I dont mind pain and I demostraite that fluidly by hurting myself doing remedial task badly, however, there's some things I don't like to stand, and unexplicable ones like this is a primo example.

if everyone just thinks i'm wierd i'll go see the denti, but it's a fucking real pain to get regged and my teeth are pretty good, i.e. I've never had any form of dentisty on them. Last checkup was a good 5 years ago now.
    Last edited by whatnow; 6th September 2006 at 01:52 AM. Reason: migraine makes whatnow a cocknose
    I'm new to this :huh:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: biting the inside of my mouth - wisdom teeth?

I've got a habit of chewing the inside of my cheeks and my lips without realising it, but I've never one it in my sleep though. The Dentist tells me to stop because apparently the skin inside the mouth is specially there to prevent infection from food and oral bacteria so biting it destroys the barrier and leaves the mouth open (haha) to bacterial infection.

But then she says that's just a theory.

Thanks
    Karma Level

5 years with no checkup isn't good mate.. wether your teeth look spot on or not, many people suffer from gum disease although their teeth are fine so definately make an appointment. You may find your natural 'clench' line of your teeth is out and possibly due to the widom teeth; gently close your teeth together tight (But not excessively), can you feel the upper and lower teeth resting on each other comfortably in a natural way or does one or two feel above the others or slighty off centre?
    Do you just bite your teeth during sleep, or grind them a little? Grinding is sometimes associated with stress but could also be a sign of a gum problem as mentioned. Go see a dentist is best thing to do.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

Your dentist can make you a guard to wear at night to prevent teeth grinding, it should help with this too.
    Me and my fella spit our dummies out so we won't be coming back. ever. boo hoo.

This is a techy / hackers forum not a fu**ing mothers meeting so - peace out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by burner1 View Post
    5 years with no checkup isn't good mate.. wether your teeth look spot on or not, many people suffer from gum disease although their teeth are fine so definately make an appointment. You may find your natural 'clench' line of your teeth is out and possibly due to the widom teeth; gently close your teeth together tight (But not excessively), can you feel the upper and lower teeth resting on each other comfortably in a natural way or does one or two feel above the others or slighty off centre?
    Do you just bite your teeth during sleep, or grind them a little? Grinding is sometimes associated with stress but could also be a sign of a gum problem as mentioned. Go see a dentist is best thing to do.
    I know I should go, but for the past 6 years i've moved every 12 or so months, this makes it difficult to insure I can keep appointments. Plus it's pretty expensive, I considered my electric toothbrush my investment plan for the future

My teeth align perhaps not perfectly, but all mollers rest perfectly on the opposing side, nothings off on a angle and really i've been pretty lucky with the general condition of them. The wisdom teeth are not 'perfect' but they are so marginally out of line, however they are probably causing the problem based on the fact that it only happens back there.

Quote Originally Posted by lin View Post
    Your dentist can make you a guard to wear at night to prevent teeth grinding, it should help with this too.
    I did wonder if this was the only way around it, apart from having them all ripped out.

I gotta admit, I'd rather suffer pain than have to sleep with a sheid in my mouth, as a young guy it's not the most attractive thing

Looks like I better get off my phat attire and go find a denty then... buggery.
    I'm new to this :huh:

Thanks
    Karma Level

i had a gaurd made up and with in the week i had infection in my gum, not used it since and it cost me £45 .
    i blame the teeth gaurd

Thanks
    Karma Level

So contrary to belief then you dont have to be intelligent to get wisdom teeth then (if you havent been to the dentist in 5 years) LOL

Thanks
    Karma Level

i had a mate that had headaches. after loads of tests they found he ground his teeth in his sleep. He had a guard made and it went away. It could be similar for you but you are actually catching your gums as you do it