<o:p> </o:p>
    Home my number here

Mobile my mobile here

Previous Experience<o:p></o:p>
    Jewsons
    I joined Jewsons September 15<sup>th</sup> 2003 as a Trainee Manager. I worked in the yard until I gained enough product knowledge and was quickly moved into the office. My responsibilities included replenishing stock, answering incoming phone calls and customer service. After a short while I was then moved to a bigger branch where I completed my Trainee Management course and gained a permanent position on the team. For experience I accompanied sales reps as they went to visit key accounts and up and coming building sites looking for new business. I also had my own list of 20 customers which I rang daily to offer them next day delivery service and other special offers. I left to improve my financial circumstances.
    Tom Swans
    Tom Swans is a family owned Builders Merchants based in the <st1:place w:st="on">Tyne</st1:place> & Wear area. My main responsibilities were serving customers over the counter and ordering in stock. Everything was done manually here as there were no computers system which really tested my mathematical skills. I did not enjoy my time at Tom Swans due to the old fashion way in witch the business was run, I left and applied for the Royal Bank of Scotland to improve my career plans
    Royal Bank of <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Scotland</st1:country-region></st1:place><o:p></o:p>
    I am currently working for the Royal Bank of <st1:country-region w:st="on">Scotland</st1:country-region> at the <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Newcastle</st1:place></st1:city> call centre. My job consists of dealing with security checks on customers to make sure they are not doing fraudulent transactions. I have extensive knowledge in card processes and payments. I am leaving the Royal Bank of <st1:country-region w:st="on">Scotland</st1:country-region> so that I can move to <st1:place w:st="on">Liverpool</st1:place> and start a career.
    <o:p></o:p>
    Personal Profile<o:p></o:p>
    I am young ambitious person who wants to get on in life, I feel I have the key accountabilities to succeed in the position I have applied for. I operate a 5d`s approach, Develop my Career by internal or external training, Drive for Results by achieving sales targets and increasing margin, Delight My Customers demonstrating my total commitment to their business, Deliver On My Commitment by making sure the customer gets what he needs on time in full and Dare to Change by introducing initiatives to grow and win new profitable business.
    Education<o:p></o:p>
    I went to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placename w:st="on">Monkseaton</st1:placename> <st1:placename w:st="on">Community</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st="on">High School</st1:placetype></st1:place> and left to go straight to work at the age of 16. Here are my current GCSE’s.
    English B<o:p></o:p>
    Maths C<o:p></o:p>
    Business C<o:p></o:p>
    French C<o:p></o:p>
    I also have a GNVQ in IT and I completed Customer Service Levels 1-3 during my 3 year stay at Jewsons.

Tell me what you think ladz. Its the final draft! Opinions people lol please dont skit me I wrote it all myself

o r i g i n a l l y k n o w n a s
    MaKas

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 3.30ghz+
    2GB Crucial Ballistix Ram 1000mhz+
    500GB Western Sata-2 16mb Cache
    Nvidia 8800GT 512mb Dx10 PCI-E
    600W Power Supply

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: my CV for Sales Rep Job

What rep job are you going for mate?

Dont take this the wrong way but i wouldnt give you an interview if that CV landed on my desk for a sales rep job

Firstly your age counts against you, being only 19 i think you need to gain valuable experience elsewhere before you start out on the road by yourself.

Secondly i dont think the work you have previosly done helps towards getting the job.......... Its obvious that youve only added the "For experience I accompanied sales reps as they went to visit key accounts and up and coming building sites looking for new business." part just because of the type of job you are applying for.

My advice to you mate is get ya self a shitty sales role somewhere (probably retail is ya best bet) and prove your the best salesman as reps have to have a track record of A) being able to close a sale and B) hitting, if not exceeding targets.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but im being honest and i hope you prove me wrong

Good luck

In A World Of United's, City's, Town's, Rover's & Albion's There Is Only One Hotspur

Thanks
    Karma Level

im not sure you should disrespect the companies you worked for. saying you left because you didnt like their old fashioned ways of doing things. Your 19 and they are an established company thats probably been running for a long time.
    if i was the interviewer id be thinking well what if you dont like the way i run things are you going to leave again because you know better.

Also i agree with what has also been said. Sales is all about experience. and proof of hitting targets previously. Might be worth changing it and saying you actually was a sales rep for Jewsons rather than followed someone.

Thanks
    Karma Level

dont say that doing paper based ordering tested your mathematical skills, prooving fermets last theorem should test your mathematical skills but counting bricks and ordering them shouldn't

i have to agree about slagging off other companies too, what if the new company is all paper based?

and saying you left to improve your financial situation is a bit gash too, it looks like you are just in it for the cash

leaving school and hitting work at age 16 is considered a good mature thing by some and not by others. being just out of school myself i dont have any experience in hiring folk for jobs but maybe somebody who does hire folk for sales jobs would know whether or not that line is any use, or whether they'd rather you had stayed on at school

best of luck with the application, all your jobs have involved dealing with customers and the first two have involved selling things so hopefully your experience will get you somewhere
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi you need to also look at the format of your cv this link shows many methods you can try http://www.career-results.com/category/curriculum-vitae
    Also go to future prospects they offer a free CV building school. As a rule a cv should be on at max 2 pages including a cover letter.

Also check your spelling "way in witch " Most CV's are checked for mistakes
    Last edited by rich1391; 15th September 2006 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its starting as a trainee role and they are looking for someone my age. I wont be on the road immediately and unfortuneatly I cant change a thing on my CV as i am in liverpool now lol
    MaKas

600W Power Supply

Thanks
    Karma Level

That CV is an abortion. But I suspect you already know that and this is a wind up, as are the rest of your posts regarding your employment.

If it is for real, then set your sights a little more realistically. Cutting the grass for your local council maybe.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

"I operate a 5d`s approach, Develop my Career by internal or external training, Drive for Results by achieving sales targets and increasing margin, Delight My Customers "D"emonstrating my total commitment to their business, Deliver On My Commitment by making sure the customer gets what he needs on time in full and Dare to Change by introducing initiatives to grow and win new profitable business

I really think you are onto something with this catchy mission statement but you could make it "6 D" as I feel you could be selling yourself short here by not including the one I've highlighted. My advice would be to change it as people could end up thinking your some sort of dickhead if you didn't.

Thanks to Roach-Rampino

cyprus (28th June 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    That CV is an abortion. But I suspect you already know that and this is a wind up, as are the rest of your posts regarding your employment.

If it is for real, then set your sights a little more realistically. Cutting the grass for your local council maybe.
    thats bang out of order tbh... i hope to god i get this job so i can rub it in your face m8. You have to remember im only 19 and only really had 2 jobs. I was at tom swans for only a week. The role im going for is trainee and my CV is not a joke.

If i dont get the job me and christine are gonna try a year abroad. thanks for the support others. czar dont post in my topics if all your gonna do is take the piss k?
    MaKas

600W Power Supply

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MaKas View Post
    If i dont get the job me and christine are gonna try a year abroad.
    Being we've had a bit of global warming, I wouldn't have thought many european councils have much grass left to be cut !
    Losing Gracefully Since September 2010

Thanks
    Karma Level

If it indeed is genuine, I'd make it more factual - remove the opinions of previous companies. Date the employment schedule. Remove the 5/6 Ds bit - did you just make it up? Make a schedule of qualifications inc the Customer Service one and GNVQ - at the moments it looks like they've just been added on as an after thought.

Thanks
    Karma Level

thats bang out of order tbh... i hope to god i get this job so i can rub it in your face m8. You have to remember im only 19 and only really had 2 jobs. I was at tom swans for only a week. The role im going for is trainee and my CV is not a joke.

If i dont get the job me and christine are gonna try a year abroad. thanks for the support others. czar dont post in my topics if all your gonna do is take the piss k?
    I'm not taking the piss, I'm deadly fukin serious. As an employer if that CV landed on my desk it would go straight in the bin.

You talk non-stop bullshit and seem to be living in a perpetual fantasy.

Some of the members here find your posts amusing, and on the whole they are. But there's a difference between playing a clown and being a tit. In this thread and the previous one where you claimed you'd be on £39k a year for acheiving £50k a year in sales you have made yourself look like a bit of a twat.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got to agree with CJ here. I have done a fair bit of recruitment and I would bin your CV in a flash. The 5 Ds thing is just bollocks and trying to be too gimmicky. Most employers will see that and think 'What a cunt.'

My advice is if you want to rub something in CJs face try amputating a limb and smear him with the stump.

Good to put your full name on here as well. o_O Retour!! Proper Bo I tell thee!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol thats not the first time ive heard that one burt... as for cj, I dont earn that... Im trying to get a job which can pay UPTO £39k... if I reach my 100% sales. I said the basic was 14k. Its a trainee role for the first 6 months and i cant see myself earning anywhere near that to start with and im 19 ffs the reson why im not so sharp and dont have a great CV is because I dont have the experience, im still wet behind the ears. Its the reason why i come here... for help! But then I receive a post which youve only put there to make people laugh... cutting grass? No mate... what a stupid fucking post. I was offered a Supervisor role at Builder Centre in liverpool... it didnt let me down there. Please dont reply and take the piss yet again. Just close this.
    MaKas

600W Power Supply

Thanks
    Karma Level

Monkseaton High...isn't that the school where that blond lass won £3 million? She was a bit of a looker too....try cracking on to her, that'll sort out your financial problems

Thanks
    Karma Level

No mate... what a stupid fucking post.
    Fuckin clueless........

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had the call yet?

Thanks
    Karma Level

nope I havent... getting my hopes up tbh... He said I would get a call either Tuesday (just gone) or thursday (today). I rang and he was out of the office but one of the KAM's said "off the record its good news" , his exact words.

Still i need the official yes... Ill post as soon as I know!
    MaKas

600W Power Supply

Thanks
    Karma Level

one of the KAM's said "off the record its good news" , his exact words.

Still i need the official yes... Ill post as soon as I know!
    Are you sure you didn't miss the KAM say 'not'?

Odd for it to be good news and for them to contact you so late.

Thanks
    Karma Level

im positive.
    MaKas

600W Power Supply

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast