Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default When's too early to start Xmas Shopping? When are you gonna start?

Just been thinking is it too early to start xmas shopping in september?
    The missus gets her student loan on Monday and she has every intention of going out monday/tuesday to buy as many xmas presents as she can get before she blows her loan on clothes and stuff for herself!

I was thinking of starting early coz i don't wanna be majorly skint at xmas and running round like a nutcase buying stuff at the last minute. But i think maybe september's too early don't you!? Money's a bit tight for some reason at the mo and i only got paid today so probably will start in october i reckon!
    The earliest i've ever bought presents for xmas is october, and that was just because tickets went on sale for Rod Stewart and it was like the perfect xmas present for my parents!
    Other than that its usually mid to end of November when i start buying stuff.

The other problem i have is the missus's birthday is on 13th January so its bloody close to xmas! Its gonna skint me something stupid!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: When's too early to start Xmas Shopping? When are you gonna start?

Week before - the pressure will mean that you have to buy stuff quickly and without hesitation, thus you wont feel bad about spending cash till after Christmas, plus you might bag a couple of last min bargins. Its always worked for me!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Every year apart from last year ive left it to the last minute........... Did most of it online though so it was easy!

Im off to New York in November so plan to get the whole lot out there for half the price

In A World Of United's, City's, Town's, Rover's & Albion's There Is Only One Hotspur

Thanks
    Karma Level

Started getting loads of stuff last month, need to stock pile early coz if i wait the bairn will get nowt.
    SUNDERLAND AFC - THE NORTH EASTS ONLY PREMIERSHIP TEAM

Thanks
    Karma Level

We started a week after last xmas!

We have loads of children to buy for so we often get next years prezzies in the sale. Save an absolute fortune! This year we bought about 60% of the kid's bits and spent a couple of hundred. We must have saved about £800.

Also saves that rush (and the money) three weeks before.
    Tommy J

Big is not always better.... Take Fat people for example.

Push down Taps, you know it makes sense. Wash Them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Christmas shopping??? I always do mine xmas eve but thanks to the internet getting stuff is a piece of piss. I fucking hate shopping!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Too early - 23rd December

When I start - 24th December.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post

same here.

I have bought early twice, the year I went to New York 7th december and I bought my mum tickets for a concert for last years christmas she still hasnt been to the concert it is in November.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

I usually (the last few years anyway) wait until boots do 3 4 2 mix and match and triple points and free delivery then spend an hour or so in work blitzing it! hehe!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Im probally gonna do mine in October/December. You dont seem to mind buying people naff present and they seem to enjoy it more ... atleast they act like they do

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why not just be a miserable old git like me, and don't buy ANYTHING
    "Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe."

Albert Einstein

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

even talking about it at the moment is a crime.... come november 1st ill let the mrs talk to me about it...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post

You'd get on well with wingnut http://www.digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=278017

Thanks
    Karma Level

Come Christmas eve woosh ill be off shopping!
    I always leave it late I really cant be arse with all those who go shopping 3 months b4

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My mother starts hers on Boxing Day. I do mine roundabout september october as when it comes to December I dont get that much time off.

Thanks
    Karma Level

In our family the adults don't buy each other gifts, we just buy for the kiddiwinks.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

I will be a loser and start mine tomorrow (pay day) I got my 21st on nov 23rd. Girlfriends parents on dec 15th. Christmas, Girlfriends on the 30th of dec. New years. Anniversary on New years day. Fucking expensive time for me

Thanks
    Karma Level

gonna do mine in december. Hard thing is wondering what the fuck to buy people (thinking a laptop (dell special, £3-400ish for the folks as i've just graduated and they spent £££ when I was at uni on accommodation etc). No idea for brother or mates (probably a few bottles of whiskey) though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

....god the pain that is xmas ...I was thinking about this a few weeks ago. I used to do the argos direct thing in November, 30 mins and it's all done and delivered and you don't have to leave your home! Sweet...

But, as I now only have to buy for 8 people now, thanks to my munkle*. I like to put some effort into what I give (it's only once a year after all) so I will be starting soon.

I come from a big family and on xmas day there's sometimes 25 people in one room xmas day, so buying even a small present for everyone used to be a fucking chore short of a nightmare! Then a few years back my munkle decided that "secret santa" was the way to go... I actually have him to thank, a rare occassion indeed! For now I only have to buy one present for this event instead of 15 or so.

*munkle is the nickname we gave my eccentric unkle after he declared to us he was a buddhist monk, about 10 years ago. So I started calling him munkle shortly after that. half monk, half unkle = munkle ;) He still gives us a rejoicing in merit card on our birthdays which always makes us laugh! I suppose it's the thought that counts though, right?