Close

Thread: network problem

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help network problem

i got a x box with smartxx chip in it and wireless dell laptop.... brought x over cable from maplins to plug in xbox and laptop its running avalaunch on it, how do i network them together i got qwix software and ftp software but cannot get the laptop to find x box so i always have to burn the games then install them on my 160GB had drive using dvd2xbox... i would like to do it this way im still newbie when it come to networking so any help please...what options on the laptop do i goto and what do i do to get them working

marky
    lifes a bitch and so my dog

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: network problem

go visit xbox-scene.com and read the tuturial as it helped me. You need to change the settings on the xbox so it has an address and dns etc etc then I use xbmc and can access pc and laptop via workgroup. You probably need to post more info about what you have done up until now

Thanks
    Karma Level

my x box was chipped awhile ago and it worked on my pc at home to use now i have laptop and not pc so i need to network them flashfxp and qwix
    my network setting look like this on xbox in settings

network: enabled
    DCHP: enabled
    static IP: 192.168.0.2
    gateway:192.168.0.1
    subnet :255.255.255.0
    dns1: 195.159.0.100
    dns2: 195.159.0.200
    proxy: diabled
    proxy IP: 10.0.0.1
    proxy port :8080
    auto setup XBOX2XBOX setting
    ----time server -------------
    SNTP diabled
    SNTP IP:10..0.0.1
    SNTP PORT : 123

What you need to do next is configure your computers ip address’s.. so go into your computer network connections and go into the properties of the nic that is connected to the internet. check off obtain a IP address automatically.

now for the nic that is connected to the xbox. going into the properties. check off use the following IP.

Next, where it says IP address, enter: 192.168.0.1. Where it says Subnet Mask, enter: 255.255.255.0. , and where it says default gateway enter 192.168.0.1

next while still in the properties of the nic. click on the configure button.. then click on the advanced tab. then click on network media and set it to 10baseT full duplex. (could not do this as could not find it help please

now your computer should all be good to go.

at bottom of left hand cornerof x box in avalaunch i get 0.0.0.0 Err X when it starts up so i dont think networked properly when i connect x over cable

my latop says connected now but when i use qwix to test nothing could it be im using wireless internet from next door neighbours( ha ha they dont know ) as i dont have internet anymore

if i have the x over cable pluged in with the wireless internet,the internet dont work at same time only when i unplug x over cable will it work more help please

hope this helps

Thanks
    Karma Level

Disable DHCP in your network settings, if your using a X cable the XBOX will never find a DHCP server and will not get a IP assigned.

Then just manually set an IP in the settings > network options in Avalaunch and then get your laptop to connect to that IP

Thanks
    Karma Level

thank u very much x2c for helping me and rayman problem now sorted but i cant use wireless internet at same time so any help there

cheers mark

Thanks
    Karma Level

You can try bridging the connections but I wouldnt reccommend it causes no end of problems!!

I would just use the X cable to your xbox as an when you need it rather than leaving it permantly connected.