Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Synergy 2100 DECT handset problem

OK, this isn't mobile but it is cordless so maynbe you can indulge the slight tangent?

One of my Sysnergy 2100 DECT handsets now "overcharges", by which I mean that the charging unit continues to charge ad nauseam.

This has the effect of "locking" the handset so that it cannot be used - pressing keys has no effect. If I remove the battery and rest the handset it works fine - until it next gets charged at which time it overcharges again.

I have replaced the battery - no change. I have tried other handsets on the charger and they are OK, so it seems to me that it is the handset itself.

Is there a home repair which I can carry out - bearing in mind that I'm a telephonic technophobe?

Or is there an inexpensive repairer in the Central or South Manchester areas who could look at it for me? I did take it to one mobile 'phone repair shop and, although sympathetic, he said that he only did mobile reairs and not DECT repairs.

I can replace the handset for around £25 or so, so maybe it just isn't worth the hassle, but the Scrooge in me makes this enquiry the least I coud do!

Thanks.
    Last edited by iBozz; 21st September 2006 at 08:18 PM.
    Please help valuable medical research by Folding@Home - you are welcome to join us in Team 37761, Swanny's Irregulars.