Close

Thread: DS touchscreen

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help DS touchscreen

can any one help me. My tochscreen on my NDS does not seem to work anymore one night i was playing it using the touchscreen and then stopped playing it. later that night i turned it back on to play the same game and the touchscreen didnt work. also when i looked at my brothers NDS i noticed that when he turns it on it says "Touch the Touchscreen to Continue" whereas my one does not say this anymore.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: DS touchscreen

My daughter had a similar problem with her DS and it caused a bit of head scratching.

I opened the case and everything started working. As soon as I put the case back together, it stopped working. I then reopened the case and had a look inside an found a big piece of biscuit crumb was stuck into the rubber gasket which seals the case to the screen. I removed the offending item, put the case back together and 'Presto' it was working again. It must have been pressing on the screen constantly and so wouldn't recognise any touches from the stylus.

Have a nosey around the screen edges and see if there's anything lurking - you may be able to remove it with a pin or something if you spot anything rather than trying to get the tricky little tri-wing screws undone.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotty View Post
    My daughter had a similar problem with her DS and it caused a bit of head scratching.

I opened the case and everything started working. As soon as I put the case back together, it stopped working. I then reopened the case and had a look inside an found a big piece of biscuit crumb was stuck into the rubber gasket which seals the case to the screen. I removed the offending item, put the case back together and 'Presto' it was working again. It must have been pressing on the screen constantly and so wouldn't recognise any touches from the stylus.

Have a nosey around the screen edges and see if there's anything lurking - you may be able to remove it with a pin or something if you spot anything rather than trying to get the tricky little tri-wing screws undone.

Thanks for that advice ,i'll give it a check

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotty View Post

Thanks Scrotty
    my son gave it a clean and its working now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

great news. the df community roxx
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB