Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default New DS...now what

I got given a DS but I'm not really a gamer. Can I use it to do anything other than play games? I've heard Opera browser is out/coming out. How can I load that onto the DS and get it to connect to my WiFi router?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: New DS...now what

theres a few bits and bobs like moonshell that plays mp3 and other media but that going to require you to buy a pass me and cart + memory card, basically if you dont want to spend anything on it and not being a gamer i doubt you will theres limited you can do -you can use it to communicate using the wifi though if you know someone else with one, or if you do get the card,cart and gba adapter (ewin m3 etc) then theres a fair few things you can do inc running msn and stuff like that (mp3/mp4 player etc)

cas

Thanks
    Karma Level

if your not going to play games on it, you mite as well sell it imo, its primary use is gaming, the web browser isnt brilliant, nor is the moonshell interface, even if you did get that setup its still better to use it for gaming.

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks for the replies. I'll have a look at getting the extra bits. Maybe I can use it as a wireless (via HTTP) remote for the Tivo or XBMC.

Any pointers where I can get a PassMe? What is the Supercard (poll on this section comparing pros and cons of supercard)>

Thanks
    Karma Level

passme ala pass we 3/superpass etc can be bought from cheapmod.net, theres also a large sticky in this section that will help you with stuff like this.

Social Networking Bookmarks