Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Moving up in the world!

Hi guys,

Just a wee post to show some appreciation to all who have contributed to this section (esp guns).

For a little while (around a month) I've been going to the gym 5 days a week for around 55 mins per session and been doing mostly weight workouts and trying different combinations to see what suits and what doesn't.

And today I've now noticed that I can move up a weight range on the dumb bells, I was currently doing them at 10kg but have successfully (with struggle and I know am not the strongest) lift the 12.5kg weights for 10 on each arm and rest a little and carry on. I've also noticed I can do the same on the leg curl. And so on.

I see my arms a lot more bulgier than they were and I really do mean that, I can see a difference already. My legs are coming on but slower, but I guess that is quite normal. Now my belly, thats still quite flat but when bent over its still a bit flabby so am using the ab cruncher currently to sort this out.

So far I am well impressed with my progress but I think I should start to be taking the training a little more formal and go for a training schedule when at the gym so I can work towards goals at a pace that would suit my body. Can anyone give advice on how to do that?

Anyway, back to the original topic, top section guys! Keep up the good work.

Tam

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Moving up in the world!

Well done for your commitment Tam, it's no easy.

Your abs will be under a layer of fat that can only be burnt off through cardio. Personally I see no great benefit from overtraining abs with crunches/sit ups etc. as your abs should take good from and be stronger from all the other core excercises (bench-press, dead lifts, squats, clean and press, rows, dips and more) because when performing all of these your abs should be solid(tensed and blood pumping into them). Over time this develops your abs without having to do masses of specific ab excercises. Yes do some as a bit of sculpting and specific training will benefit any area.

There's a great buzz to be had when you look at what you were lifting/pressing etc and see a big difference to what you can do now. Onwards and upwards!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Roach: You are certainly correct there mate. I use the gym at work, so I usually leave an hour and a bit earlier than I would to start my shift and work out then.

I'm quite good at the old running but I've been told to keep that to a minimum at the moment so I can't really do that.

I've also been reading your past threads on nutrition and I'll probably go on a blow out spend and buy all at once. That way I won't need to buy constantly and I can have it all at my disposal..as a rough figure, how much would you say you spend on supplements per month? Sorry to be nosey about it, it's just that I don't want to be spending too much.

And yes, there is a good buzz as today I had a cheeky smile on my face thinking about it. but, I really do need to get the stomach sorted, but as you say that will come with time and a lot more training.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks Tam, its most appreciated but to be honest i dont post half as much as i would like to in the gym with help and advice due to time issues, so as you have started this post i would also like to take this opportunity to thank particular members for the constant help, tips, links and fantastic advice you guys give.

The particular members have been PMd

Well done Tam on your progress mate.
    Last edited by guns; 14th October 2006 at 05:05 PM.
    "Sex at age 90 is like trying to shoot pool with a rope."
    > > > George Burns

Thanks
    Karma Level

maverick_15 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
    "Sex at age 90 is like trying to shoot pool with a rope."
    > > > George Burns

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well done Tam, seems you have been bitten by the bug, And good luck for the future aswell.
    And as RR said, training abs whilst there is still flab on them will do next to no good. If anything it could make you look larger as they fill out a bit.