Who Can Sell?
Anyone with a VIP account, Non VIPS may offer items in reply to adds but may not cross sell within that thread should the thread started not take up there offer. If you would like to upgrade to a VIP account - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Non VIP's may purchase or make offers on Sale/Swap threads but ONLY after 24 hours has passed from the placing of the advert, any replies to a Sale/Swap thread other than questions about the item/s not including offers within the 24 hour period will be deleted and a warning will be given for such breaches for the first month of this rule being introduced (until 29th June 2012), after that time it will be presumed that you are aware of this rule and a section ban may be issued. VIP's also have the right to state that a Sale, Swap or Free offer is only available to VIP members. This rule has been introduce by request from a majority of VIP members and I would ask that it is respected and adhered to.
VIP's must use this BB tag at the bottom of the post replacing the time and date with the current time of placement:
[TDS=2:30pm Monday 28th May][/TDS*] remove the * you get the result below - there is also a button on the top bar to add this explained [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Please note: this is posted in accordance with the section rules at: 2:30pm Monday 28th May meaning non VIP's are not permitted to purchase or make an offer until 24 hours after this time. Full section rules can be found [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] please read before posting.
How To Post?
Make sure all threads are marked with one of the following icons:
and you also select the correct thread prefix. There are 5 choices:
[FOR SALE] [WANTED] [SWAP] [SALE OR SWAP] [FREE]
Give a good description, including the item condition and if possible include photos.
You must provide a price and include P&P costs.
What Can Not Be Sold / Traded?
- Games Consoles that are modified in any way please only state "PM For Extras" with the exclusion of Playstation 3's/Sony consoles they will not be sold with, described as having "Extras" or include additional devices related to this action
- Nintendo R4 Cards or any other type of hack1ng card for the NDS.
- N T L / Sky / Virgin Viewing Cards and/or equipment (boxes, modem) that remains their property or are still under contract.
- Sky boxes are allowed to be sold as long as they are out of the initial 12 month contract period
- Pirate software and/or a description indicating the software included is not original.
- Use common sense, if in doubt, please do not post - PM a Mod/Admin for clarification.
- When making posts/threads in the BST section, please refrain from listing FAKE/NON AUTHENTIC goods/products.
- All descriptions in posts must either contain the words Authentic/Genuine or abstain from making statements as to their origin.
Rules For Posting?
- All deals must state a price or if you are accepting best offers close to that price. There must be a guide price though.
- You must state if you are advertising your items elsewhere, and if it is being put on ebay - do not post in the BST forum.
- If you wish to modify an earlier offer that has not been acknowledged - either to increase or reduce it - post again. Do not edit an earlier post. Request that the original post be closed & linked to the new post.
- All deals/offers must remain on the thread, please keep all offers on the board. All other details such as shipping etc can be negotiated by PM or e-mail.
- Please allow members 24 hours to read the thread if they are involved in a deal, before opening it to other members.
- Please ensure you have a notification selected when someone replies, claiming you forgot about an advert/offer you made is not acceptable and may result in a section ban, if you are not going to be available to respond for over 24 hours then DO NOT POST unless you state this fact.
- Do not spoil other members threads, if you are not interested in buying DO NOT POST, If you are interested in the item for sale you may link to a website offering a lower price, if you think there may be an error in the post please use the Private Message system to point this out to the seller or hit the report button.
- Profiteering is not allowed on Digital Forums so items may only be advertised with the maximum price being 10% above the retail value plus reasonable postage prices, if you wish to go above this then use ebay (do not link to such adverts in the ebay section).
- When using this forum please be aware that any transaction made in the Digital-Forums trading sections are at your own risk.
- VIP's have the right to refuse any offer from a member with 30 posts or less within the last year or has been a member for less than 6 months.
- Ask for references if you're not sure about the buyer/seller, and make sure you get some kind of contact address or telephone number.
- The first person to offer the asking price for an item should get the item. Any offer must be clearly made either stating you will take the item and pay full asking price or you will offer £xxx in the second case this will not give you automatic first refusal ONLY the first full asking price gains this right.
- The forum is funded by donations and subsidised by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for this reason we reserve the right to protect their trade within the forum meaning any sales within the Bargain Hunt section in direct competition with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] may be subject to deletion.
- Do not offer for sale 3rd party goods or goods not actually in your possession, exceptions may be made in certain cases but only after permission has been requested and granted by a member of staff.
This is not a rule but a bit of advice - If you agree to pay for an item using Paypal gift then you should be aware you basically wave all your rights to claim on a dispute, they will not be interested and you are also breaking their terms and conditions if it is a sale so please be aware of the risks involved in this form of transaction.
We would also "request" that any items given away you state VIP ONLY as it seems when ever a advert is posted a mass of non posting/contributing members jump to claim it, as stated this is a request.