Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Just electrocuted myself with a capacitor from a disposable cam...ouch!

Anyone else done this? Surprised me to say the least, knew it was possible but I was tryig to be careful. Now my finger keeps spaking out!

Also anyone made a stun gun from one?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Re: Just electrocuted myself with a capacitor from a disposable cam...ouch!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Just electrocuted myself with a capacitor from a disposable cam...ouch!

Mate made one years ago out of a proper camera.. Gave me a fooking shock and I had 2 burn marks on my arm where the nails ( electrodes! ) touched me.

B@stard

Mike.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Just electrocuted myself with a capacitor from a disposable cam...ouch!

I just done it again, I tell you the second one was a lot worse, felt it go through my body, felt my hair begin to stand up and now i am shaking all over!! Nearly finished.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Discharge the caps before you play with it mate. If the caps are fuly charged you'll get a hell of a kick off it and the burns too.

The first hit you got was probably from a semi charged cap as they take a couple of seconds to charge up.

If you want to make it charge quicker switch the little AA battery for a 9V block. You can also drop in another cap to double the voltage, just hook it in parallel.

To make the so called stun gun you need to cut the two connections going in each side of the flash bulb, replace them with a bit of cable extending to the outside of the case.

Be very careful and dont tinker with it when its charged up.

Edit:
    If you're feeling like an evil bastard, use the circuit board from this as a charging system, charge up a cap (not to the max) detach it from the board without discharging it.
    Find a suitably stupid friend, shout CATCH and throw

Be prepared to run like fuck and make sure you have the emergency services on speed dial just incase you friend has a heart condition.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Subby; 19th October 2006 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I rememeber opening up an slr camera flash when I was a kid, electocuted myself on the capacitor and thought f*** me, that was powerful, put a dmm over it - it read 480 volts. Then I wondered what that much would do to a 3v lightbulb - made massive noise like an explosion - my mum came running up to see what happened.

I remember doing it a few years later on holiday in india, dodgy hotel water heater had no plug on it - just wires jammed in a socket, being wet doesn't help.

Last time was when I had a car battery charger that didn't seem to work, so I thought I would have a look inside, accidentally touched both terminals when it was in my hand, my hand grabbed onto the charger hard, and my arm started spasming until doing this threw the charger out of my hand.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I have a heart condition and I shocked myself 3 times before I decided to wear washing up gloves

I have it made now Subby, appears I used the same method you described (simple one of the 3). Nice burning sparks

Thanks
    Karma Level

wtf??...you can make a stun gun out of a camera??!

what's next, an Ak47 out of a doughnut?

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its not exactly a stun gun, just a way of shocking people. Hurts a bit, not anywhere near as powerful as commercial stun guns.

Standard disposible cameras use the caps to dump 330volts across the flash bulb. All you're doing is taking that and dumping it across someones flesh =]

The one i made maxes out at 660volts. Discharged it on the side of a beer can and the fuckin thing left two fairly big holes. Needless to say i aint testing it on myself.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i made one some years ago but put it into the case of a brick mobile... had it so the aerial was part of the stunner so didnt look so obvious. woulda been a fucked up phone call if u pressed the button by accident and had it to ur ear though.
    Meh....

Thanks
    Karma Level

i got out of the shower the other day n walked in to my bed room and stood on a live cut radio power lead summat fell on to it off top of mi desk i went all funny n pins & needles in mi leg for about a hour

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    You can also drop in another cap to double the voltage, just hook it in parallel.

Nope, that doubles the charge - to double the voltage you series them up, but you must alos increase the applied voltage.

Our drives use a combination of series and parallell to get the voltage grade up to 1200V and the capacitance to something really silly depending on the power rating (3.6 MW in the big ones)
    Now that will rattle your teeth!
    Cheers - Coin-Op

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've done it a few times, once by accident.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post

what's next, an Ak47 out of a doughnut?
    Duh, everyone knows the best thing for making an AK47 is an old Betamax

Thanks
    Karma Level

if you really want to be daft mess with caps out of a microwave....be warned the consequences can be fatal

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by thedriver View Post
    if you really want to be daft mess with caps out of a microwave....be warned the consequences can be fatal
    just made one from a old camera and it fuckin kills when you get shocked just shocked my self to try it out and it went all throught my arms

were the little red circles are is were it needs touching need to solder 2 wires on to make it easier to stun people

techie
    I have stolen money from a DF member and a member of Disqworld. All my personal details including families details are on file and will be made public to everyone if I do not refund the money I stole or send the goods I promised. My name will be ravaged across the net and the consequences will be severe if I do not sort this fucking mess out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Doesn't this thread deserved to be hosed just for playing around with capacitors that are fully charged?

Thanks
    Karma Level

It probably does but, where is the cheapest place to buy disposable cameras?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by wizard1974uk View Post
    Doesn't this thread deserved to be hosed just for playing around with capacitors that are fully charged?
    I think we need a few more "gone wrong" stories before its hos material, but I am under the infulence of a bottle and half of smironoff, so I'll make no comment.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by super mike View Post
    It probably does but, where is the cheapest place to buy disposable cameras?
    Last time i checked the likes of Poundland etc had them

They're pretty cheap anywhere though.
    Last edited by Deadly; 22nd October 2006 at 04:05 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast