Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default 1month from now agent Le Goon

Ahh thats shit that is,he was soo nearing that revolution he was...Lets hope its paper talk
    RANGERS chairman David Murray this morning faces the toughest decision in nearly 20 years in charge at Ibrox - whether or not to sack Paul Le Guen.
    Murray found his club plunged into the deepest crisis of his reign last night when Le Guen's players slumped to a catastrophic CIS Cup exit at the hands of First Division outfit St Johnstone.
    The Frenchman apologised to fans but refused to quit as hundreds of them protested outside Ibrox against him and the chairman after the latest debacle that comes hard on the heels of the club's worst league start for 23 years.
    But it is my understanding that Murray will give the bungling coach one more month to save his position after a disastrous start to his Ibrox career.
    Record Sport can also reveal that the chairman will in the next 48 hours break his silence over Le Guen's traumatic first four months in charge when he faces the media to make a "state-of-the-nation" address to the club's fans.
    Prominent sources in Ibrox have confirmed that Murray will resist the growing clamour to relieve Le Guen of his duties with immediate effect and will, instead, stand shoulder to shoulder with the man who led Lyon to three French titles in a row.But he is deeply concerned by the woeful start to the season which - as well as last night's Cup capitulation - sees Rangers 15 points behind bitter rivals Celtic in the SPL title race.
    Murray's patience is running out even although his capture of Le Guen in the summer was described as a one of his major coups.
    But he is unlikely to offer the new man the same sustained loyalty which was shown last season to Alex McLeish.
    Around 31,000 fans turned up for the quarterfinal clash with Owen Coyle's minnows but around 20,000 of them had stormed out of the stadium long before the last blast of Stuart Dougal's whistle.
    The supporters are now looking for guidance and leadership and Murray realises his self-imposed silence on Le Guen's trials and tribulations must now come to an end.
    At a media conference ahead of Rangers' game against Dunfermline, Murray will confirm his support for the time being but will not allow the situation to get much worse.
    He will take the ultimate action before Christmas unless there is a significant turnaround in form.
    Le Guen publicly apologised to the Rangers fans for the embarrassment caused by losing to a First Division team but the majority have now decided he is living on borrowed time. He looked shell-shocked and struggled for words to explain what had happened in a tie Rangers could have lost by even more goals.
    But the boss refused to consider his position and put the onus on to his chairman to take a decision.
    Le Guen said: "It is up to Mr Murray to decide what happens next. It's my job to worry about possibly not having the answers to the team's problems.
    "I am very disappointed and I apologise to the fans. The performance was so poor after we started well for the first half-hour and missed some chances. We lost our organisation and they deserved their victory.
    "I am worried but I was worried before the game. It is a difficult period but we have to stick together."
    Rangers diehards who stayed until the end, only to make their feelings of disgust abundantly clear, didn't really want to hear their manager say he was worriedin advance.
    But Le Guen seemed short on answers as he struggled with his English to explain the bits he could concerning his side's latest setback.
    He said: "I will try to carry on because I am the manager and I must cope with the situation but I must recognise that the fans are unhappy.
    "I am aware of our defensive problems but the players were tired in their heads and legs."
    Asked if it was the low point in his coaching life, he said: "I've lost games before but it is one of the worst.
    "A week ago these same players were good against Maccabi Haifa in the UEFA Cup. Maybe the defeat from Dundee United on Sunday was on their minds."But we must stick together."
    Those words are beginning to sound hollow for the fans who have heard them after a catalogue of poor results this season.
    And Le Guen is starting to sound as if he is saying it from memory instead of from the heart.
    Last edited by toto67; 9th November 2006 at 01:57 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 1month from now agent Le Goon

Heard the crowd were getting ugly....