Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help 6 weeks to do it - help please????

im off on holiday for the new year and have piled on a few extra post summer pounds.

looking for a decent quick results weight loss and tone up

dont mind a bit of hard work!!!!

any advice appreciated

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 6 weeks to do it - help please????

Sure here is all you need. Follow it to a T and you will get the results. Don't stick to it, bend the rules or follow it loosely and you won't. Simple.

http://digital-forums.com/showthread...71#post2073471

Thanks
    Karma Level

To a point I agree with the diet roach, but its quite boring! Would be surely better for gurucunt to tell us his diet and for us to point out where he's going wrong and suggest VARIED alternatives.

[I agree with the gym info though - warm up and stretch, followed by weights for upto an hour and then cardio for as long as you can possibly stand, then warm down and stretch]
    Last edited by Fresh; 14th November 2006 at 01:34 PM.

Thanks to Fresh

Gunny (15th July 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Get active, go for a half hour jog each evening, it'll get your metabolism up and you'll burn off more energy even when your not working out. Also cut out crisps and chocolate and most importantly fizzy drinks which pile on the pounds without you noticing

Thanks
    Karma Level

whats with the gurucunt tag fresh you TWAT

Thanks to $kint

Gunny (15th July 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gurucurt View Post
    whats with the gurucunt tag fresh you TWAT
    Huge apology gurucuRt, simply missread it...

Anyway, back to original question... tell us your diet - roach's diet wont suit everyone afterall.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

PMSL

Defo recommend Roaches diet for a cut.
    Stay away from those carbs!
    Gunny

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It will work as a six week programme for pretty much anyone to burn fat. The amount of fat will vary, as it will depend on how long you've been carrying the excess body fat. Either way you will definitely see some good results.

Your current diet is irrelevant, you haven't requested a lifestyle revaluation, you've asked for a quick and effective programme.

What's not to work? Fat burn cardio every day, you aren't consuming any fat, so you won't put any on....your carb intake is very strictly controlled...you're maintaining muscle mass by doing weights and taking the whey/protein? I fail to understand what won't work with this FAT BURN REGIME. Yes I am well aware that different body shapes, lifestyles etc. mean that indiviuals repsond to different excercises and see different results.

As for it being boring, this is six measly weeks out of your life to burn body fat quickly. As with all workouts you get out what you put in. Anyone who thinks there is an easy NATURAL way to burn off unwanted/excess body fat is a fool.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm just playing a bit of devil's advocate...

So he wants to tone up and lose weight...

Have you considered the fact that he may be at work... therefore finding it difficult to drink/at the times considered?

Ive used the no carbs at night diet and found that it was fine, whereas it doesnt suit my housemate - he gets headaches and doesnt sleep well - can also affect your recovery period.

L-Glutamine; if you've never taken it before can have some nasty side effects. Even in minimal doses ive experienced dizziness.

His current diet DOES have an awful lot to do with it, you cannot expect your body to cope if you suddenly switch to eating so much protein, its bad for your kidneys and frankly he doesnt need it - hes not out to get bigger from what hes said, therefore protein doses should be maintenance levels rather than loading doses. Even with maintenance doses he will notice larger, toned muscles.

All the carb that you do eat should be either brown rice or pasta (containing higher fibre), this helps your gut adjust to the protein, which in itself is difficult to shift through your bowels.

*Edit* People really shouldnt be taking Supplements without first researching them to understand the effect they have on your body and secondly to be ready for any side effects that could be experienced.
    Last edited by Fresh; 14th November 2006 at 04:23 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I presume he's ready for drastic action as he posted that he only has 6 weeks to get results. 30gms is the recommended dosage for muscle maintainence not for bulking. Also he would need to take on greater amount of carbs to bulk. The protein is really there to stop too much muscle getting burnt up.

I get into the office just before 7am and work until just after 6pm with an average of 15 mins travelling time each way. I work Saturdays from 7am until approx 1pm every week (almost). I plan ahead with my diet, buy in advance the necessary foods and precook rice at the beginning of the week(Sunday) to save time in the week. My point being, I work a reasonable amount of hours and still find time to train.

I totally agree with you that drastic changes can have side effects but then so can pretty much anything. Any adverse reactions to supplements should be reported to your G.P. and in an ideal world you should consult them when taking any form of medication, tablets, pills etc.

When it comes to training, one cannot ask enough questions and should listen to plenty of different opinions. This way you can get a great range of variants in your routines, training, excercises, techniques and diet, of which you decide which works for you.

This programme was my suggestion as ONE solution to his dilemma. It isn't the only way nor is it gospel.

Edit: I'm trying to help him...you're the one that called him a c*nt!!!
    Last edited by Roach-Rampino; 14th November 2006 at 04:51 PM.