Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tech Display/Wallboard monitoring system?

Hello all

wasnt quite sure where to put this?

I work in a global multi site callcentre enviroment, which as you can imagine, has a lot of wallboards for displaying realtime call stats, sales graphs etc using a number of different methods of deploying the data i.e (Internet explorer for salesgraphs, Inova datamate for call stats)
    At present, my team spend on average 60 mins each morning connecting to each and every wallboard (approx 100 of them) using VNC to make sure that the they are displaying the correct info, up to date sales data, and basically make sure that none of them have frozen or require a refresh, or restart of the program.

I have been told by my boss that i can go out and look for any type of system, or monitoring tool that can help automate a lot of this manual work, if it will help increase productivity in my area

i have thought about systems that have the ability to 'automatically' alert or signal when for instance a particular service has stopped, or maybe just restart the service on daily basis anyway (as in good housekeeping)

i hope what i have explained here makes atleast some sense to somebody on this board, and if so, i would appreciate any comments or suggestions that might help, does anyone here have any experience in this sort of thing, if so, what do you use to do similar monitoring?

i forgot to add: each wallboard is driven by a local pc, which has any software needed to display data installed locally

thanks for your time
    Last edited by hotentot; 16th November 2006 at 10:52 PM. Reason: forgot data

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Display/Wallboard monitoring system?

it would be a fairly simple task to program a little util that runs on each wallboard and sends a signal to a main monitoring computer every 5 mins or so. Another app running on monitoring pc that flags up a given wallboards ip if it hasn't been heard from for over 10mins.