Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Weird Unbreakable: Xbox 360 Survives Car Crash

While many users have seen the Ring of Light flashing red before their Xbox 360 consoles broke, ZIKrOnIx from the Xbox-Scene forums saw his Xbox 360 being thrown out of his truck while he was suffering a rollover. Ironically, his Xbox 360 is still working:

Ok, So monday I was involved in a Hit and run Car accident. My truck rolled 3 or 4 times. During the course of the rolling my xbox 360 Premium was thrown out of the vehicle. I didnt get knocked out and Im alive. When I got out of the vehicle I saw my beloved 360 and harddrive not to mention some of my games strewn along the road with other items of mine. I walked over and picked up the 360. Face plate not to be found. 360 had a tire mark on it. It had been ran over. Along with one of my wireless controllers and my remote and power brick. The power brick was ran over but shows no signs of damage. The games were ran over. Saints row and prey might be salvagable. The 360 Got ran over it was squished. one of the metal supports on the side was bent. And when I picked it up the case fell off. I straigtened the metal side and put the case back together and turned it on. It fired up and went to the dash I poped in a game and it read. Played for a little bit then watched a dvd. looks good to me.

This is really a testament to the 360. Granted it wont hold faceplates any more and its got a tire mark on it. It also has a chip missing from the chrome bezel. but it works...No I had the extended waranty from Microsoft but at this point in time I will probably buy an aftermarket case or an oem one if I can find it.

For more pictures of xbox and the wrecked car go to teambox here : http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12278/...ves-Car-Crash/

Guy could of been killed and biggest concern is for his 360 true xbox fan , 3 cheers for ZIKrOnIx (hip hip *****hooray x 3 lol)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Unbreakable: Xbox 360 Survives Car Crash

Its not dead... just a bit tyred

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Unbreakable: Xbox 360 Survives Car Crash

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtygirl View Post
    Its not dead... just a bit tyred
    I dunno why, but that actually made me chuckle!

As for the 360, im well surprised it still works! Lucky it wasn't something like an arctic lorry that ran over it, otherwise it would be in A LOT more pieces, and probably unrecognisable!