Close

Thread: online play

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default online play

dieing to know about this anyone know any details of online stuff or games that are gonna work online or even the eta.

so far i know smash brothers is
    Last edited by fevernova; 10th December 2006 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: online play

i dont think theres alot to know, nintnedo havnt given developers the required info to make their games online yet, so id presume nintendo will be the first company to use it.
    i would imagine it will never reach the scale of xbox live but either way im sure nintendo will offer something pretty unique and interesting.
    I do like the idea of the wii 24 service and the suggested ideas that you could be playing a game one day, wke up the next to find you have some new additional things that have downloaded overnight.
    Id love to also see seasonal and topical changes in games, using some sort of real world weather info, games could have weather the same as the weather outside your window etc, which could be amazing for something like Anilmal Crossing and its just the sort of thing the japanese like to add to games.

I dont think nintendo are really focussed on online multiplayer themselves, i feel the wii is supposed to be a party machine, 4 people in the same room, so it wouldnt surprise me if their games still lacked ipresive online mulitplayer options, nothing to stop 3rd partys from doing it tho.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lack of multiplayer in COD3 is a bit of a bummer, but to be honest the controls could be better in that game.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Battalion Wars 2 is the biggie for me so far as multiplayer goes, its supposed to launch with co-op and deathmatch online modes, but details are still a bit sparse.

I think people are under estimating nintendos online play goals, the 'pick up and play' online nature of the ds is a good example. The worst thing about the ds was the need for a friend code for every game, a step they appear to be correcting with the 'wii code' now.

Id like to think they do mean to make good use of its internet connection, and I can imagine individual releases of some of the wii sports games to bring them up to commercial standard with online play somewhere in our wii futures

Thanks
    Karma Level

I can actually see why Nintendo's 'Friends Code' has been but in place, mainly to protect people.

Any one of us at the moment with a 360 can add users when we play against them online, or from Forums. So take for example 'Viva Pinata' on the 360, you can create a 'donkey' meet others online then from the 360 control panel add users to your list. They accept, or at least recieve your messages etc.... and you get freaked out parents!

With the Wii, both people HAVE to know each other, gives parents peace of mind. The online play when it kicks off may change this slightly? but at the moment I think it's a good move from Nintendo, but could frustrate some of us in the future. Time will tell as always.

Anyway i'm off to bed. Got the day off tomorrow so will be sittin gin my pants playing Zelda! 10hrs in is my aim tomorrow.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i'm off all week ... pure coincidence that it was the week after the wii came out. althought I dare say i'll being playing on it fair bit.
    -=+PhliX+=-

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lol, i'm off 3 days this week and 3 next... same thing lol