Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default BBC Sports Personality

Come on then, own up. Which of you guys let your women near the phone tonight?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: BBC Sports Personality

Pah! My woman's got more sense.

Thanks
    Karma Level

1st Zara Phillips
    2nd Darren Clarke
    3rd Beth Tweddle

What an absolute load of fucking rubbish. Who the fuck is Beth Tweddle and what the fuck does Zara Phillips do? I thought she was a part of the royal family or something.

British people are crap at sports and rubbish at voting for people that do sports. Any normal right minded christian person knows that Joe Calzaghe > Zara Phillips/Darren Clarke/Beth Tweddle. The BBC can fuck off and die.

Walcott got young personality of the year, for services to Sven. How? Why? What the fuck has he done? He moves to Arsenal after playing half a season for Southampton and he's played around twenty minutes since then. The hype surrounding this cunt is unbelievable. No fucker's ever seen him play and they're voting him in as young sports personality of the year.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Darren Clarke only got 2nd because his wife died. While I have a lot of sympathy for the bloke, wtf has it got to do with sport?

It's the same as the 'Bravery' awards they give out to kids every year just because they've had a rare form of cancer. Call me a heartless fuck (I know one or 2 of you soppy fucks will), but why the fuck are they brave? They are unfortunate maybe, but brave? No.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought it was shocking that Calzaghe didn't win, let alone not even finish in the top 3, and how someone can be World Champion 13 times and not get a vote is beyond me as well. Fair play to Zara Philips, she's European and World Champion and has a great pair of tits (and no, I don't mean her brother and Tindall sitting next to her), but she only won that award because of her ma.

As for Walcott - it was voted for by CBBC viewers ........... what I want to know though is how come that young boy who won 100m Gold at the World Junior thingamybobs didn't get a nomination?

And finally - Redgrave, FFS get back in that boat or just lose some fucking weight! 5 time olympic champions shouldn't be fat bastards! That role is reserved for couch potato's like me!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    I thought it was shocking that Calzaghe didn't win, let alone not even finish in the top 3, and how someone can be World Champion 13 times and not get a vote is beyond me as well. Fair play to Zara Philips, she's European and World Champion and has a great pair of tits (and no, I don't mean her brother and Tindall sitting next to her), but she only won that award because of her ma.
    I'm not surprised, only one welsh person has won the award and that was back in 1957 (Dai Rees, Golfer) and only a handful of other other athletes have won it that don't come from england. English people will by and large vote for english athletes, likewise scots and the irish but there are a fair few more english than there are taffs, sweatys and paddys. It's just that this year has been a particularly poor year for british sports and two of the major successes have been in the ring. Zara Phillips buggers about with horses, who the fuck cares? Princess Anne won it in 1971, there's something not quite right there. Who the fuck was voting? The BBC should stop now, the whole affair is just embarassing and unwatchable.

What's the point of Gary linekar as well? Jesus wept I hate that smarmy smug twat.

Thanks
    Karma Level

As an Englishman I usually find I get really pissed off that the other nations in "The Union" always seem to get really regional during voting in things like this and always vote for their local heroes, which is something I have never understood!!! Interesting that you have a similar perspective of the English !

I reckon about 250 people turn up to your average 3 Day Eventing thing, so if audience figures are so low, how come so many people end up voting for Zara? No mate, its got nothing to do with regional voting and far more to do with the fact that women are about 1000 times more likely to participate in a stupid phone vote than a man ever would. I mean, I have never once in my life phoned up and voted in any of these stupid reality shows, but my ex was forever doing it. Now if they'd made it online voting only ........

Thanks
    Karma Level

Like I said, her old dear won the award in '71 and she wins it now in 2006. Something's definitely afoot. First they kill Diana and now this. There's no reasoning with those german inbreds.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Didn't watch it (and NEVER do) but...

Murray probably deserved to win the award in my opinion...for someone that young to win a big tournament AND beat Roger Federer

Phil the Power Taylor deserves to win something...OK its a pub sport but his achievements are ridiculous

Walter Smith has also done wonders this year, did he win anything?
    Last edited by Snotty; 11th December 2006 at 10:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Zara Phillips has a great pair of knockers, I'd love to be her bit-of-rough, commoner stableboy who does whatever HRH demands

"You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Murray hasn't won a major tournament, nor even got particularly far in one. Should he achieve that he's a sure bet to win one. And, unlike other British tennis players, the kid really has a personality as well. He should have perhaps won Young Sports Personality, but then I guess he's achieved too much to be considered young ......

Walter Smith got a mention for Coach of the Year, but I think the award was rightly given to the St Helens coach. I'm no rugby league fan, but I think what they did is comparable to United's treble in 99, which means he was a worthy winner. Smith hasn't made as much difference to Scotland as Sanchez has to NI though .....

@GTI - can I watch you fight Mike Tindall for the privilege ?
    Last edited by BBK; 11th December 2006 at 11:20 PM. Reason: @GTI

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    @GTI - can I watch you fight Mike Tindall for the privilege ?
    He's welcome to join in but he might need to finish her off if I blow my load too soon.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin