Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default It's My New Lethal Weapon

NINTENDO’S new Wii computer game is proving a smash hit — as players WRECK their homes and BASH each other.
    Many are getting carried away with the gadget’s revolutionary motion-sensing remote control that lets users mimic golf swings and sword fights.
    As they thrash around with their arms, consoles fly from sweaty palms into TV sets and windows. Some accidentally punch loved ones or injure their hands on hard furniture.
    A US website is collecting snaps of disasters. One, sent in by a user called Jim, shows his girlfriend Liz’s black eye after a game of “Zelda”.
    He wrote: “I’m just lucky Liz is a good sport.”
    Nintendo may strengthen the control straps.

Losing Gracefully Since September 2010

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: It's My New Lethal Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Tony View Post
    One, sent in by a user called Jim, shows his girlfriend Liz’s black eye after a game of “Zelda”.
    That'll learn the bitch not to disturb her fella during a hardcore Zelda session.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Didn't I hear somewhere that some Americans (obviously) were thinking about suing Nintendo as full and proper warning weren't displayed on the box, games, console etc warning them of the dangers that could occur using it??

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Macro View Post
    Didn't I hear somewhere that some Americans (obviously) were thinking about suing Nintendo as full and proper warning weren't displayed on the box, games, console etc warning them of the dangers that could occur using it??
    FFS! Wouldn't that just take the piss as well...

What's next? Warnings on beer : Drinking this may make you act like a twat. Warnings on my cock : Straddling this may leave you with an unwanted sprog. Warnings on DF : Exposure to CzarJunkie may lead to a life of deviancy and depravity..... Actually that last one's not a bad idea...
    ---------------------------------------------------
    HE went home in a fuckin ambulance
    R.I.H Saddam

Thanks
    Karma Level

This was in America, the country that put a warning notice on a bag of peanuts which read "Warning:May Contain Nuts" (No Bullshit!!!!!)

I'll see if I can remember where I saw it and post it

Here it is....taken from "Teck Kills" forums

Is Nintendo Wii dangerous? Broken gamer TVs
    With the Nintendo Wii finally released, some are skeptical of how long it will be before Nintendo gets sued. Why? Well, some gamers are already complaining about problems with the system. For instance, the strap on the Wii Remote snapping, allowing the Remote to fly out of the gamer’s hand. In one situation, the Wii Remote flew out of the gamer’s hand and rammed into the TV set; cracking the screen almost in two.

The story was posted on a forum. The gamers claimed that when he and his friends brought home the Wii, they played it almost nonstop for 24 hours. Then, when playing a game of bowling on Wii Sports, the gamer’s friend reels back to roll his ball and feels the controller slip from his hands. Instead of the strap preventing the controller from flying, it snaps.

Some gamers responded to the news by saying that Nintendo was probably not taking into consideration such accidents. Others claimed that problems such as these will be the end of the Wii. Others even went on to say that, given such dangers, the Wii is not suitable for children.

When reading this news, my reaction was: “Nintendo can’t make their products idiot-proof.” I want to make something clear: the Wii Remote didn’t break his TV, his friend did. I believe this issue will have no effect upon Nintendo Wii sales in any way. Nintendo can’t be held liable over game actions. It is pretty hard to let the Wii remote slip out of your hands.
    Last edited by Lee Macro; 13th December 2006 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Details added

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Macro View Post
    This was in America, the country that put a warning notice on a bag of peanuts which read "Warning:May Contain Nuts" (No Bullshit!!!!!)

I'll see if I can remember where I saw it and post it
    ALL tescos nut products contain that warning too! ...

It's common knowledge that in Amercia anyone will try and sue over the most tivial things... a trend that's unfortunately spread to the U.K... don't get me wrong "where there's blame there's a claim" but only if it's completely within good reason and not something tivial.. lol... with regards to the Wii though, I wonder when the first claim comes in for replacing a 50" lcd screen that a 9 year old accidentally chucked his Wii control at? :)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

thge lawsuits are in the post already lol

ask LE lol
    Who were you when you thought you where you was?. Whats a matter for can't you want to?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Seen this today in todays paper, seems like a few people got carried away with their games

that eye looks well nasty