Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default After Gym....Steam/Sauna???

I went back to the gym for the first time in maybe 2 months last night, just did a q10 minute warm up on the cross trainer and a 20 minute run on the treadmill. Also did a few reps on the chest press to break myself in again, didn't wanna push it too much.
    I had a large black coffee before i left work for the gym and it got me pumping, which may be why i was able to run for so long after so long away from the gym! hehe!

The reason i stopped going was due to being full of flu and then long hours in work towards the end of the year and commitments over the Xmas period.

I'm heading back the gym after work tonight for another cross train, run and maybe some more weights! May just have a swim though see how i feel after work..

I was just thinking though, as well as the pool, the gym has a sauna and steam room....Is there any real advantages or disadvantages of using these? What can they do for you?
    How long is best to use them for and in what circumstances (ie after workout/swim etc)?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: After Gym....Steam/Sauna???

It's good for your pores, and will sweat some of the shit from your skin. Any real sporting uses? nope, not too my knowledge, better off having an ice bath for that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nah,like SM says nothing really but IMO there is nothing better than after a good traning session than having a sauna,then cold shower then relax in the jacuzzi for 20 mins..Really relaxes the muscles and you feel totally refreshed for the day.. Oh and make sure you drink plenty of water as your body will de de-hydrated after the workout,so drink plenty m8 as you dont wanna end up all dizzy n shit

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah cheers!
    Gave it a go last night....after my workout did 15 mins in the steam room quick cold shower then hopped into the sauna then another cold shower and then went back the changing rooms for a proper shower and home for tea!
    Did feel good afterwards...not going tonight going to let my muscles rest and relax as i did a proper full work out last night, tuesday i just had a good run and did some work on the chest incline.