Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Funny How NOT to apply for a job in Dubai..or anywhere!!

"How not to apply for a job in Dubai

So much development so many job Dubai is the place of oppotunity itself. However if you are a born idiot and have no repsect for other people then I guess you have no chance of getting a job no matter what. Check out the email converstation below and to think this guy actually applied for a job at the company North 55. I don't think this man will ever get a job in Dubai as the whole agency network will know about him by now, total loser.

[Note: For all those thinking the post below is a fake please read this]

Sent: 02 December 2006 01:22
    To: Amir Saffar
    Subject: multimediator/web designer position
    Amir Saffar

To Whom It May Concern:
    I am a web developer/designer with experience in designing corporate, commercial, retail, and business web systems. With more than 6 years experience designing Internet/multimedia systems professionally in a production environment, I could be a valuable asset to your web design and multimedia team.
    Managing projects, task delegation, and client relations have been necessary skills at my previous employment positions. These have always been tasks that I excel at and enjoy.
    My experience in web site consultation critiquing usability, functionality, aesthetics, and search engine placement can help clients with their existing web content by introducing them to innovative and cost-effective solutions.

My enthusiasm, creativity, communication skills and ability to work without supervision are my strong points. I have extensive design experience using Flash, Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, VB, C#, SQL, Photoshop, Illustrator, QuarkXPress, 3dsMax, and other programs. I would be able to create a dynamic company presence for you on the Internet.

I am currently on vacation for two months in the region. Since I have a Canadian passport, traveling to the UAE would not be an issue for me at all. I also have to mention that since I have lived in a multicultural country and because of my background, I have been trained to work with people who have different cultures and backgrounds. Therefore I hope my experience in this field could be a valuable asset to your company.
    I would welcome an opportunity to discuss my qualifications and experience in greater detail. I am available for an interview at your convenience.

——————————————–

Mike Platts wrote:
    Hi Amir
    Thanks for sending us your CV - we’d certainly be interested in speaking with you. Just to clarify, are you planning to visit Dubai during your vacation? If not, perhaps we can arrange to speak over the phone.
    Regards,
    Mike Platts
    Creative Partner, North55 Dubai

——————————————–

Sent: 11 December 2006 00:18
    To: Mike Platts
    Subject: RE: hi again
    Hi again,
    I guess people work for free in Dubai. Am I correct!??

take care
    Amir

——————————————–

Mike Platts wrote:

Sorry, you’ve completely lost me there…how did I imply that people ‘work for free’ in Dubai?
    Mike.

——————————————–

Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 9:11 PM
    Subject: RE: hi again

it’s very simple Mike. You are interested in my profile and i wanted to know how much you were able to pay. no response means: you either can’t pay that much,
    or you only hire indians and pakistanis who don’t ask for a good salary.
    but dude, i am neither indian or paki and i have never worked for less than
    2000 usd/month. You got it now!?

Amir

——————————————–

Mike Platts wrote:

Jesus, that’s some chip you’ve got on your shoulder there pal. Before the email I received on 11th December, I’d only gotten one from you - the first, which included your CV. As far as I can see, it didn’t mention money. If you sent another after that, then sorry, but I didn’t get it, which is why I didn’t reply.
    Anyway, it’s all worked out well. I wouldn’t want a bigotted arsehole like you working with us, and I’m sure that the Indians and Pakis who work at North55 - most of whom earn more than US$2,000 a month, some by a factor of three - are glad that they won’t have to put up with your small-minded bullshit either. The Brits, South Africans and Canadians will probably be pretty cock-a-hoop too.
    Best of luck finding a job in Dubai - I’m sure you’ll get exactly the kind of position you deserve.
    Cheers,
    Mike

——————————————–

Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2006 10:39 PM
    Subject: got it?

i’m sending this e-mail twice. i wanna make sure you get it this time!!

2000 USD/month is a joke bro. I got paid that much when I graduated from College/without any exp.
    I’m pretty sure most of you guys work at coffee shops when you finish your work at the studio.
    What doesn’t make sense to me is, why would a guy from N America or Europe want to work for that amount. Perhaps you’ve had a low paid job back home and you are satisfied with 2000 USD! weren’t you a cleaner/or a security guard…Mike!?

——————————————–

To: Amir Saffar
    Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2006 1:41 AM
    Subject: Fw: got it?
    You really are an irritating little troll aren’t you? You can barely write English, and you seem to have a problem reading it too. So I’ll break it down for you: not. wanted. here.
    Now fuck off.
    All the best,
    Mike.
    PS - I’ve taking the liberty of copying some of my colleagues in the industry here, just in case they too should have the misfortune of hearing from you. I’m sure they’d be kind enough to forward it on to their pals, too, and with any luck you’ll be back fucking moose in time for Christmas. (Oh, and by the way, if you’re such hot shit, why the reluctance to include a link to any of your work in your CV? So you’ve got six years’ experience - big deal. You don’t seem to have been able to hold down a job for too long - or were they short-term cleaner/security guard contracts?)

———————————————–

Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2006 11:06 AM
    Subject: Re:

by the way,
    Mike you were either a
    1. Security Guard
    2. Cleaner
    3. On Welfare
    4. had a criminal background, so you couldn’t get a job back home
    5. a bad designer who never worked for a real company. One of those guys who is a pain in the ass in the production team.

who knows, maybe one day you’ll be working for people like me if you ever decide to return to Europe or N America. * I guess would lose the job within 3 months.

good luck Mike.

———————————————————-

[Mike] wrote:

Congratulations - you’re famous:
    http://www.chrisdiclerico.com/2006/12/17/how-not-to-get-a-job/
    http://www.flipblogspot.com/2006/12/17/amir-saffar-and-north55

Much Love,

Mike.

———————————————-

From Amir Saffar:

Don’t you really have anything else to do, other than forwording useless e-mails to other people and writting a blog. Dude, if you work at a pro company, you don’t even have time to drink coffee. you are not a pro!! that’s it. and your e-mails are going to the garbage bin from now.

take care "

http://www.thedubailife.com/index.ph...a_job_in_dubai

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: How NOT to apply for a job in Dubai..or anywhere!!

lol, what a tit!
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hehe you should have sent him for an interview at some fake address in a really obscure place in the desert ;-)

To be honest isnt that what most web designers are like?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thats got to be a fake no matter what... No one's that silly to apply for a job like that, unless they are on the wind up also...???

Thanks
    Karma Level

looool thats so jokes

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

HAHA, funny shit how someone can turn into such a dick with no provoking and into the whole 'dude' attitude, soundsl ike a stereotype to me...

Thanks
    Karma Level

everyone's writing looks so small now :argh:

just kidding, that's quite funny, and seems real enough to be true. There's a lot of dumb fuckers out there and there's quite a lot of satisfaction in the whittling process

Never thought of working in dubai, considering the development of the area it's probably pretty sweet goings...
    I'm new to this :huh:

Thanks
    Karma Level

where did the money part come from though? It was like a nice professional email albeit without a link to reference from but then the next email, he is totally twatish and randomly brings up the pay?
    [CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Real pirates don't [I]STEAL[/I], they [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]SHARE[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/B][SIZE=1]Unless they are cunts, then they just leech...:happy:[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
    everyone's writing looks so small now :argh:
    lmao...I thought it was my imagination

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

we have had a couple of cv's in the last six months from him I'm sure
    Losing Gracefully Since September 2010

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hehe, funny, but surely not legit? A person employed by North 55 wouldn't use that sort of language in a mail, also the reference to Canadians and moose fucking .
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”