Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Please read before posting! - Routines

The below are generalised routines and can be modified to suit you. If there are any further questions feel create a new thread and ask. These routines do not include any CV work so it is important to allow yourself time to do that as well in order to maintain all round fitness. This is simply a few basic programs to get you started. Be sure to mix it up every so often so that your muscles do not get too used to working the same way every time. For more advanced routines targeting specific areas these routines will not necessarily do the job so check.
    "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default No weights/ gym workout

No weights/ gym workout

Thanks to Roach-Rampino http://www.digital-forums.com/showpo...18&postcount=1

Pick three of these exercises and tri-set them i.e. you do one set of each of the 3, no resting between, rest for one minute max., then repeat.

Squats
    Start with your feet shoulder width apart, very slight bend in your knees. You can either put both your arms straight out in front of your or your fingertips gently behind your ears. Remember to keep your back tight, stick your bum out, chest high, shoulders pulled back and look up. Breathing in deeply, lower yourself to the ground, so that your bum is almost touching your heels. Don’t drop too fast, you will topple forward on your way up. Keep heels on the floor at all times. Power through your heels on the way up. Breathe in on the way down, force all the air out of your lungs on the way up. Keep the action nice and smooth, nicely paced, down and up in one fluid action as opposed to drop, stop, then up.The essential form on this excercise is to keep your back tight, which if you keep your shoulders back, arse out and look up should not be a problem

30 reps x 3 sets

Press-ups
    Feet on a chair behind you, toes pointed down. Keep your body dead level, hold your stomach in. Use the variation of moving your hands closer together and further apart but only change between sessions i.e. keep the same position for all three sets.

20 reps x 3 sets

Reverse dips
    Feet level with bum on a chair opposite, resting on your heels. Hands by your sides, drop with your back straight, look up, keep elbows close to your sides. Breathe in on the way down, force all the air out of your lungs on the way up.

12 reps x 3 sets

Squat thrusts
    Lean over your hands so your arms take the bulk of your weight. Start with your feet at full leg stretched out behind you, jump with both feet together forward so your feet land under your chest. YOUR HANDS DO NOT LEAVE THE FLOOR!!

20 reps x 3 sets

Burpees
    Similar to squat thrusts but stand up then jump up, after your legs come forward.

15 reps x 3 sets

Star jumps
    Stay on your toes, NOT your heels.

50 reps x 3 sets

Lunges
    This is basically walking five or so large paces forward then turn and come back. On each pace lower yourself smoothly towards the ground. If you don't have enough room then just step one large pace (not too far) forward with one foot and keep this postition. The essential thing to remember here is that it is BOTH legs doing the work, i.e. an extension with the back leg, a press with the front meaning your press up with the front leg and away with the back leg. The bottom of the rep is when legs are at 90 degrees. Keep you head up, hands on hips or fingers rested gently behind your ears. Breathe in on the way down, force all the air out of your lungs on the way up.

20 reps (10 each legs but alternately) x 3 sets

Crunches
    Only curl from your lower stomach, squeeze as you come up. Fingertips rested very gently behind your ears so they are just touching or if you prefer on your temples. Twist opposite elbow towards opposite knee and alternate turns each rep. Really focus on your stomach muscles pulling you up as opposed to throwing yourself up using the weight of your shoulders to get momentum.

50 reps x 2 sets

Jogging on the spot – 60 seconds
    (Split 20 seconds of each)
    a) Normal
    b) Kicking legs back so heels touch you bum
    c) Knees high as possible, to touch your chest
    Last edited by Roach-Rampino; 14th February 2007 at 04:30 PM.
    "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Three-day split

Three day split

For strength do 3 x 6 x weight, for tone do 3 x 10 x weight.

Day 1 - Back and Biceps

Front pull-down.
    Seated row
    Bent over row
    Dumbbell curl
    Preacher curl
    Dumbbell hammer curl
    Dumbbell wrist curl
    Upright row
    Incline sit-up

Day 2 - Chest and Triceps

Dumbbell bench press
    Incline bench press
    Decline bench press (smith)
    Fly
    Triceps extension
    Triceps kickback
    Dumbell side bend
    Dumbell shrug
    Incline leg-raises

Day 3 - Legs and Shoulders

Squat
    Deadlift
    Leg press
    Leg curl
    Dumbell shoulder press
    Calf raise (smith)
    Dumbell rear delt row
    Seated calf raise
    Incline sit-up

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Two day split

Two day split

Day 1 – Push

Squat
    Bench press
    Dumbbell lunge
    Incline bench press
    Seated hip abduction
    Military press or shoulder press
    Standing calf raise
    Triceps extension
    Incline sit-ups

Day 2 – Pull

Wide-arm pull-ups (assisted, unassisted or weighted)
    Lying leg-curl
    Seated row
    Incline twisted sit-ups
    Upright row
    Bicep curl
    Incline leg raise
    Shrug

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Five day split

Five day split

Again thanks to R-R http://www.digital-forums.com/showpo...27&postcount=3

Day 1: Shoulders - military press, seated shoulder press, side lat raises, front lat raises, shrugs, seated (upright) overhead dumbell press.

Day 2: Arms - concentration curls, hammer curls, kick backs, overhead tricep extensions(seated and standing), ez bar curls, reverse dips.

Day 3:Legs - squats, frog squats(with swiss ball), leg raises, legs curls, calf raises, stiff legged dead lift, weighted lunges.

Day 4: Chest - Bench press (flat, inclined and declined..all 3), flies, cable crossovers, inclined press-ups, flat dumbell press.

Day 5: Back - Deadlifting, dorsal raises, rear delts, cable pull(with resistance tubes), pull-ups.

This way I cover everything over the week and I give each muscle group a good rest session between specific training.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Please read before posting! - Routines

Adding this guide to exercises. If you are unsure what a certain exercise is then check if there is a video for it. If so, good stuff. If not, please ask for clarification.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Please read before posting! - Routines

I have been using this page to help with my techniques, it's very useful.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Please read before posting! - Routines [07.11.07]

I thought I would bump this with the new routine I have started today. It's a 4 day split based around compounds and having done the first session a few hours ago and having not trained since the summer I am feeling rather good about it. I will fine tune it (for me) over the next month and if I change anything I will alter my post.

Monday - Chest + Triceps
    Flat Bench
    Chest Dips
    Incline Dumbbell press
    Skull Crushers
    Ab exercise (sit ups/leg raises)

Wednesday - Back + Biceps
    Deadlift
    Barbell Rows
    Chins/Pulldowns
    Hammer Curls

Thursday - Shoulders

Military Press
    Push Press
    Lateral Raises
    Shrugs
    Ab Exercise (the one not done on Monday)

Sunday - Legs
    Squats
    Leg Press
    Stiff Leg Dead Lift
    Calf Raises