Close

Thread: 3 sim in a D900

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default 3 sim in a D900

Hi, I was just wondering if it is possible to get a 3 sim card working in a fully unlocked D900? or will it not work because it can't use the 3g network. I just want to use calls and messages, no video calls or anything.

thanks

Matt

Termy

Default Re: 3 sim in a D900

It is not possible to use a 3 sim in this handset.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by matthew_o50 View Post
    Hi, I was just wondering if it is possible to get a 3 sim card working in a fully unlocked D900? or will it not work because it can't use the 3g network. I just want to use calls and messages, no video calls or anything.

thanks

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Termy View Post
    It is not possible to use a 3 sim in this handset.
    http://www.three.co.uk/personal/pric..._/sim_only.omp

Yes you can Termy sorry mate
    Last edited by Mobileman; 15th January 2007 at 10:57 PM. Reason: found the answer

Termy

Quote Originally Posted by Mobileman View Post
    Sorry m8, but I fail to see where this implies that you can use a none Three authorised handset.

It does however state -

Quote Originally Posted by Three.co.uk View Post
    What is SIM Only?
    With our SIM only offer, you get the same great Pay As You Go value, but without having to buy the handset. All of our standard pricing applies and depending on the handset type you choose, you will be able to access all of our other content, including games, goals and full length music videos. If you have a video mobile, you can even make video calls! Just get the SIM and don't forget to top-up.
    But this only applies to the Three authorised handsets, as some of them cannot get all the services, IE Video calling.

If someone can prove to me that these work with the Three sim card and dont get the test message off Three telling them to use a compatible handset I will admit defeat, lol.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

ill post the info tmrw, the we-pay propostion is now avalible for non three variant handsets.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi Termy found the info

The reason it does not show in most of the blurb is that Three do not want to advertise the fact that the sim only proposition means they are soley using a roaming network when in other handsets.
    Eg Three prepay sim only in samsung d500 means handset is actually using the Orange network who are Three's current uk roaming partner.

I can confirm this works and have stock going into the channel !!

This is the three sellers update that goes out to all registered dealers

Monday, January 15, 2007
    PAYG SIM only now available on 3
    Get all the details.

Available to SIM only customers.

Find out more.

PAYG SIM only packs now available on 3.
    With our SIM only offer, customers get the same great Pay As You Go value, but without having to buy the phone. All of our standard pricing applies and depending on the phone chosen customers will be able to access all of our other content, including games, goals and full length music videos. If they have a video phone, they can even make video calls. And remember to remind your customers to top-up.

Try selling a SIM pack to any upgrading customers to use in their old 3 phones. Please note, to access any of our content or 3G Services, customers will need to use this SIM in a 3 phone. If they use another phone they'll have access to voice and text services only.

SIM only customers get access to all of this:

Great value rates: Any network, any time calls from as little as 5p a minute*
    WePay: 5p a minute credit back when they answer a call, and 2p for every text they get†
    Flexibility: Our Cash Credit Top-ups start at just £10, to spend on any 3 services, and there's no expiry on them
    Cool videos: There's loads of cool video stuff to play with, including music videos, football highlights, TV clips plus more, and it's free to browse^
    FREE Windows Live Messenger: Until 31st December 2007^
    Port number: They can bring their existing Pay As You Go number with them
    * When customers buy and fully utilise a £25 Talk & Text Top-Up, 30 day validity period from date of activation, see three.co.uk for details.
    † Applies to £10, £15 and £20 Cash Credit Top-ups only. Exclusions apply, see three.co.uk/wepay for full terms and conditions.
    ^ Compatible 3 handset required.
    3 may discontinue this Pay As You Go Service either by giving customers at least 30 days' notice or if for any reason we are unable to provide them with access to another operators' network which we need to provide this Pay As You Go Service.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind regards,

Marc Allera,
    Sales Director, 3.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:: QuickLinks ::
    > Three.co.uk > 3Seller Central > Ask 3 Online > 3Seller E-learning

Termy

Thanks for all the info m8.

Three certainly dont want this info in the public domain, as I rang them the other day and they told me it wouldnt work.

But I hold my hands up and admit defeat m8,, lol.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Termy View Post
    Thanks for all the info m8.

Three certainly dont want this info in the public domain, as I rang them the other day and they told me it wouldnt work.

But I hold my hands up and admit defeat m8,, lol.
    No probs Termy just glad to be of service,
    I know what you mean trying to get a straight/correct answer out of Three
    is impossible and thats from the account managers and sales directors cant imagine
    how people must feel when trying to contact their customers services !!!