Close

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Celeb Big Brother in racism probe

Quote Originally Posted by Xoligy View Post
    I wouldn't say racist, but a bit derogatory since you could just say "ask that guy" - and you normally would. If they asked which guy and you said the paki, or the black guy, I don't see that as racist, since you'd say the tall one, or the fat one.

Although paki isn't itself derogatory, it was used so much as an insult that its use is very controversial and it's difficult to tell whether you're using it as an insult or description. So generally I'd just steer clear of it and use 'pakistani'.
    I would have to ask the question how can you tell if someone is a Pakistani just by looking at them ? How do they look different to Indians or some other Asians ?

I think thats half the problem that CHAVS think anyone with dark skin and doesnt have curly hair is a Pakistani.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bugnote View Post
    i'd find it difficult to think of a time when using the work 'paki' would not be offensive.
    Why though ? Only because youve been indoctrinated to think so.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think that band full of Paddy's said it best.

It's only words
    And words are all I have
    To take your heart away
    If you can smell it, it's in your mouth.
    Click

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    Why is calling a Pakistani a Paki insulting ? seriously I dont understand that .
    I think it is more the way it is said and the meaning put behind the word than the word itself. Paki now has the same derogatory meaning as nigger or chink, it is just the way it is used. If someone was to come up to me and say 'exuse us, chink' (as opposed to saying mate/fella/etc) as he walked past I would be pissed off because it is used as a derogatory, racist term, even if that isn't how the bloke implied it. I think it is the same with paki.

I think that makes sense, I know what I mean

Thanks
    Karma Level

I dont find paki or chinky offensive as they are terms often used in scotland people will say i'm having a pakiscran tonight or a chinky which to me holds no racism and just describes a meal.

I think most people look for racism and bigotry in everything

I was actually thinking about becoming a racist but i prefer to hate everybody rather than just specific groups.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by super mike View Post
    I think it is more the way it is said and the meaning put behind the word than the word itself. Paki now has the same derogatory meaning as nigger or chink, it is just the way it is used. If someone was to come up to me and say 'exuse us, chink' (as opposed to saying mate/fella/etc) as he walked past I would be pissed off because it is used as a derogatory, racist term, even if that isn't how the bloke implied it. I think it is the same with paki.

I think that makes sense, I know what I mean
    Once again I have to pose the question how you can tell someone is a Pakistani just by looking at them assuming they arent waving a Pakistani flag ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

You can't, paki is used as a general term for people that look indian/pakistani etc. in the same way that, for example, chink is for people that look asian.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have withdrawn my statment as i did'nt realise this was a goverment run forum and my right to free speech had been revoked i apoligise to all if i offended and will stick to talking about giving all my money to the tax man which i still belive i have the right to do.
    Last edited by snoggy; 16th January 2007 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Upset the goverment officials.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm Greek and I've had enough drunken, ignorant cunts call me a dirty paki. If i was called a bastard Greek I wouldn't mind as much but it just goes to show that people don't care where you're from. If you're not snow white, you're a dirty paki in their ignorant, racist, xenophobic eyes. Trust me, if someone calls you a paki they're being racist. Full stop.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Did anyone here catch danielle saying something about shilpa and the phrase she can stick that in her curry? They were all sat round the table and she said that and they laughed. I think derogatory comments like that could be percieved as racist and thought that she was out of order when I heard that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by snoggy View Post
    Don't watch it so don't know whats gone off and to be honest don't care go on a f**k wit show like bb your there to be mocked and taken the piss out of , can take the jibes get the f**k out.

As for this ridiculous word "RACIST" it's gotta be one of the most over used useless words in the english vocabulary and wall to hide behind a protection barrier of sorts , sorry but aint interested aint bothered if you don't like it f**k off you mardy twats.

Though the ages people have called a spade a spade etc.... , But nowadays it just gets blown out of proportion because afro caribbean , pakistani , afganistan's etcc... are so overly protected by the government there shout this race card for anything don't get me wrong i have many really good friends of mixed origin and love them to bits and they would agree with me because everytime someone shouts Racist card especially in the media spot light it opens old wounds causes conflict again and so on , so the real people of all origins actually would like , like us to hear the end of all this racist crap , i remember back in my school it was called name calling or growing up but it just seems to me this countrys gone politically correct crazy and is out to persecute anyone who speaks there mind or even has a slip of the tongue.

anyway said my bit for now bored with it allready probably with age and health permitting will still be having these silly arguments in 40 years time so i'll save abit for then.
    If you havent watched it then you have no place in this conversation to be honest.

Thanks
    Karma Level

This seems like it could blow up quite badly and really fcuk up the show....lol

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

"Racism its gotta stop! All these barriers they gotta drop its no use the things all lose black people dont die from abuse!" Credit to the nation 1993

Thanks
    Karma Level

Could this be the end of Big Brother I wonder?

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Calling someone who's name you know full well 'the indian' is racist as fuck in my estimation.

Indian television is obviously decades in front of us:

Thanks
    Karma Level

well i just been watching the clip of them getting showered after the task in garden,with my bird (who is black btw) and when shilpa asked for a towel the scouse slag passed it to her then immediatly washed her hands!!!! my bird was fooking livid!!! that girl needs her arse kicking hard! she is racist no doubt in my mind also the ugly blonde lazy cunt is too.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i watch the show, and am of indian decent.

I have heard nothing about any "Paki" remarks so can't comment on that, but i think Daniele is a racist. Her comments about eating with your hands sickening her simply disgusted me. I eat my chapati's and currys with my hands - thats the way you are supposed to eat it! When you go for a curry in a restaurant, most folk i know eat with there hands (except rice, thats done with a fork!)

As for Jo, don't think she is racist, just a common as muck dumb cow who doesnt realise what she is saying. Jade doesnt seem racist, but her mum did. I found the whole "Indian" thing racist. A guy at work used to describe me as the indian, or brown boy. Its not insulting, because i am indian, and also brown, but it is irratating a fuck - i have a name, as does shilpa as she should be respected enough to be called it.

I don't think Shilpa is stupid, but the incident with the chicken made her look stupid. She is a bollywood megastar - how often do you think she cooks a sunday roast? chicken is normally stired fried or cooked in oil in most indian dishes, so i understand why she didnt know how long to cook it for, but they slags told her to put it in for 2 hours, so she should have listened!

Paki shouldnt be an insulting term, but the way it has been thrown around has made it so (to the youth society of today.) I work with a pakistani colleague and he uses it all the time to describe people of pakistani decent. If i was called a paki, i would have to take the context of the situation - if it was thrown at me in a violent situation, i would regard it as a racist remark. If i was asked if i was a paki, i would say that i am from Indian decent.

Shilpa to win. Scouse slut to be voted out, and dumped by teddy!
    Last edited by Q-Ball; 17th January 2007 at 12:58 AM.
    If I'm not back in five minutes... wait longer!

Thanks
    Karma Level

what about that moron who's with miss piggy telling shilpa to pick the chicken bones out the bog with her teeth!! that guy is soo dfooking dumb they make a nice couple (imagine wat the kids would turn out like lmao)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Ball View Post
    i watch the show, and am of indian decent.

I have heard nothing about any "Paki" remarks so can't comment on that, but i think Daniele is a racist. Her comments about eating with your hands sickening her simply disgusted me. I eat my chapati's and currys with my hands - thats the way you are supposed to eat it! When you go for a curry in a restaurant, most folk i know eat with there hands (except rice, thats done with a fork!)

As for Jo, don't think she is racist, just a common as muck dumb cow who doesnt realise what she is saying. Jade doesnt seem racist, but her mum did. I found the whole "Indian" thing racist. A guy at work used to describe me as the indian, or brown boy. Its not insulting, because i am indian, and also brown, but it is irratating a fuck - i have a name, as does shilpa as she should be respected enough to be called it.

I don't think Shilpa is stupid, but the incident with the chicken made her look stupid. She is a bollywood megastar - how often do you think she cooks a sunday roast? chicken is normally stired fried or cooked in oil in most indian dishes, so i understand why she didnt know how long to cook it for, but they slags told her to put it in for 2 hours, so she should have listened!

Paki shouldnt be an insulting term, but the way it has been thrown around has made it so (to the youth society of today.) I work with a pakistani colleague and he uses it all the time to describe people of pakistani decent. If i was called a paki, i would have to take the context of the situation - if it was thrown at me in a violent situation, i would regard it as a racist remark. If i was asked if i was a paki, i would say that i am from Indian decent.

Shilpa to win. Scouse slut to be voted out, and dumped by teddy!

Yep, and let's see if we can think of any examples of eating with our hands that don't originate in Asia, I'll kick it off. Sandwich, fish and chips, burger......... . .. it'll be a bloody long list!!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    Yep, and let's see if we can think of any examples of eating with our hands that don't originate in Asia, I'll kick it off. Sandwich, fish and chips, burger......... . .. it'll be a bloody long list!!
    I use my hands when I eat out women

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast