Close

Thread: New C4 racism??

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default New C4 racism??

Complaints rise in new racism row

Lucy Buchanan (far right) has been described as "naive"

Almost 540 people have complained to media watchdog Ofcom about a contestant on Channel 4's Shipwrecked who backed slavery and insulted black people.
    Lucy Buchanan said black people were "really bad", condemned multicultural Britain and called lesbians "sinister".
    Her parents, David and Nicola Buchanan from Edinburgh, issued a statement to "wholeheartedly apologise" for their 18-year-old daughter's remarks.
    Channel 4 has said Buchanan is naive and will be seen changing her views.
    The Buchanans added: "As Lucy's parents, we were both distressed to see her make such loose remarks which clearly have been, quite rightly, seen as wholly inappropriate and lacking in forethought.
    "It is our firm belief that Lucy, as a naive teenager, made these silly and very unfortunate remarks on the back of her excitement at being on Shipwrecked."
    Views changed
    Buchanan shocked fellow participants on the Pacific castaway show within hours of arriving.
    She said: "Britain is a complete mess. I just don't appreciate people coming into our country and taking over our culture."
    She went on: "I'm for the British Empire and things. I'm for slavery, but that's never going to come back."
    The Commission for Racial Equality said it was keeping Shipwrecked under review and said viewers should complain to the broadcaster.
    Channel 4 has sought to defuse the row by releasing footage of Buchanan from later shows where she is seen taking back some of her earlier statements.
    The controversy over Shipwrecked surfaced as Channel 4 was being criticised for its handling of allegedly racist remarks on Celebrity Big Brother.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Not seen the show, no plan on seeing it either, but it seems to the cynic in me that C4 are really trying to create racist controvery at the moment - simply to increase their viewing figures! I can see no other reason for them to broadcast such distasteful comments. It wouldn't even surprise me if they paid this dimbo more money to say them.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: New C4 racism??

Lol looks like they are in the shit now, why the hell would they not edit that out after the whole BB troubles?!

Ahh well all those on Shipwrecked are retards anyway.