Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Bt total broadband ???

Hi all has anyone got bt total broadband and if so whats it like ??? thinking of ditching aol and going elsewhere so just wanted people views on this package.

cheers snogs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Bt total broadband ???

I have the top pack, can't complain, pretty happy with everything. Home Hub is cool, and the hub phone works well

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by kjun View Post
    I have the top pack, can't complain, pretty happy with everything. Home Hub is cool, and the hub phone works well
    Cheers for reply m8 ,quick question on top package option 3 i believe it says theres a 40 gig download limit and if you go over they charge you £4 a gig is this automatic or do you get warned before you go over if you know what i mean , i sorta don't wanna go over the 40 gig and get charged automatically.

Thanks
    Karma Level

they dont warm you m8

my dad has regulary had to pay in excess of £300 bandwith charges

the home hub is worthless tbh ive had mine 6months and out of those 6months its worked probably 5 get resets cannot access routor admin pages hub phone works a treat tho but when using the hub phone the pcs connected to the home hub via wifi cut out

sometimes doesnt let you access internet aswell so a reset is in order just my 2p worth
    I have stolen money from a DF member and a member of Disqworld. All my personal details including families details are on file and will be made public to everyone if I do not refund the money I stole or send the goods I promised. My name will be ravaged across the net and the consequences will be severe if I do not sort this fucking mess out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

hi lads
    just got to say i have just started work as a bt sales advisor and the option 3 package is now gonna be unlimtied usage cant remember what the price is for it though
    [live=blue1878]blue1878[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue924 View Post
    hi lads
    just got to say i have just started work as a bt sales advisor and the option 3 package is now gonna be unlimtied usage cant remember what the price is for it though
    Hi m8 thats what i'm looking at opotion 3 it's 22.99 for first 3 months then 26.99 there after it says unlimited but comes under the fair usage policy which states 40 gig a month.

It's states it will turn a blind eye to the odd over usage but continual abuse will result in futher charges iv'e seen 2 prices though one states £4 a gig the other staes 30p per gig.

at the mo i'm with aol platinum but there changing from 1st feb and introducing a fair usage policy plus there now owned by carphone warehouse whom i hate just got rid of my mobile contract with them arrogant twats.

so if by any chace you could find out the exact usage policy for the unlimted usage i'd appreciate it )

cheers snogs

Thanks
    Karma Level

BT Total Broadband price terms

1. All prices quoted in these BT Total Broadband price terms include VAT except where it says otherwise.

2. There are no activation charges for customers on standard BT phone lines, including those with BT Home Highway or for the ISDN2 or ISDN2e products.

3. All BT Total Broadband options have a minimum period. A new minimum period of 12 months will apply to BT customers who change to a BT Total Broadband option on or after 21 June 2006.

4. Depending on the minimum period of your BT Total Broadband Option, the following reduced rentals will apply for new customers who ordered BT Total Broadband on or after 21 June 2006, and who have not had a BT Broadband service immediately before that date, for the periods set out in table 1 below. For other customers and after this period, the rentals will apply as set out in table 2 below.

Table 1 Period of offer (months) Rental (£ a month)
    BT Total Broadband Option 1 (usage allowance of five gigabytes) - 12-month minimum period (only for orders on or after 1 August 2006) 3 12.99
    BT Total Broadband Option 1 (usage allowance of five gigabytes) - 18-month minimum period 6 9.95
    BT Total Broadband Option 2 (usage allowance of eight gigabytes) - 12-month minimum period 3 14.99
    BT Total Broadband Option 2 (usage allowance of eight gigabytes) - 18-month minimum period (only for orders on or after 1 August 2006) 6 14.99
    BT Total Broadband Option 3 (unlimited usage allowance) - 12-month minimum period 3 22.99
    BT Total Broadband Option 3 (unlimited usage allowance) - 18-month minimum period (only for orders on or after 1 August 2006) 6 22.99
    Table 2 Rental (£ a month)
    BT Total Broadband Option 1 (usage allowance of five gigabytes) 17.99

BT Total Broadband Option 2 (usage allowance of eight gigabytes) 22.99
    BT Total Broadband Option 3 (unlimited usage allowance) 26.99
    BT Total Broadband Option 4 (usage allowance of 50 gigabytes, not available to customers who ordered BT Total Broadband on or after 21 June 2006) 29.99

5. If you downgrade from your existing service, we may charge you up to £40. This charge will be included in your next bill.

6. Payment will be by direct debit unless we agree otherwise. An extra monthly charge of £1 will apply if we agree that you can pay in another way.

The extra usage charge

7. If we charge you for extra usage under the usage guideline, the charge will be £0.30 a GB (gigabyte).
    Ending the service

8. The charge for ending BT Total Broadband within the minimum period (if this applies) will be the total of monthly rental charges left in the minimum period. We may also charge you up to £45 for any equipment we may have provided to you as part of the service

Just for info this is an excert from bt t&c's if you look at section 7 which i've quoted it states the 30p charge.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by snoggy View Post
    iv'e seen 2 prices though one states £4 a gig
    Fookin ell, well a dvd will only cost you £20 to download if your over your limit????

Why do people choose these isp's?

Is there no unlimited (as in real unlimited) in your area?

I'd be devastated if i had to pay those kinds of prices!!
    SUNDERLAND AFC - THE NORTH EASTS ONLY PREMIERSHIP TEAM

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DappaBastard View Post
    Fookin ell, well a dvd will only cost you £20 to download if your over your limit????

Why do people choose these isp's?

Is there no unlimited (as in real unlimited) in your area?

I'd be devastated if i had to pay those kinds of prices!!
    as i said i'm on aol platinum unlimited at present but there's a big shake up brewing on the 1st feb due to carshit warehouse taking over so i may not need to panic as yet just looking around for options.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was thinking about changing my ISP from blueyonder, but I'm worried i'll end up with a provider that will get pissed off with my downloading.

Torrentleech stats for january:
    Welcome back, elwood [Logout] [Invite Someone 6 invitations left]
    Ratio: 0.111 Uploaded: 19.65 GB Downloaded: 177.09 GB Slots: Unlimited slots
    and thats just torrents, doesnt take into account any web downloads, surfing, rapidshare etc

Thanks
    Karma Level

man thats a shit ratio you got there

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by b!lly View Post
    man thats a shit ratio you got there

not much I can do about it. I use a laptop not a desktop, so its never left on when I'm not actively using it, so there is no real chance to allow uploading. Thats why I pay a donation to torrentleech, so that ratios dont matter. otherwise you need to stay above 0.4

Thanks
    Karma Level

i am on sky broadband my self the max unlimitied package i dl about 140 gig last month and they havent said anything about it yet but they havent realeased an actual figure for there fair usage policy yet as far as i know anyway
    [live=blue1878]blue1878[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not too bad at 30p per Gig over the limit.

Anyhoo, I've just had BT Broadband Option 3 installed. Had it since Monday.
    Got home from work and grabbed a few things off newsgroups.
    I should be getting 3.5Mb on my line so downloading at approx 320Kbps was grand.

Now, a few days later, I am stuck at downloading at 20Kbps. This, my friends, is a fucking joke.
    I've called tech support and fired off a complaint to get them to take off this limit (I've looked around and they do impose download limits) but am being told to wait 10 days for my line to 'determine a constant connection speed'.
    This sounds like bollocks to me but I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    If I'm still downloading at 20Kbps come Wednesday, BT can suck my balls.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well i've been i contact with bt on and off for the last week and have ordered my bt total broadband option 3 , as i have written confirmation that all bt fup's on option 3 have been scapped as of last week.

Passage from the letter :
    You don't need to worry about this usage anymore because option 3 Broadband is now UNLIMITED as we have made this change from last week so you have no usage allowance at all now. You will not be cut off if you exceed a certain amount, or in peak times so you will be free to surf and download as much as you want now. Please call 0800 800 880 if you wish to order this, or you can now go online to do this.

Thank you.

If you should have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you for contacting BT.

Yours sincerely,

Kate Booth
    BT Customer Services
    Ref; 9762823
    so as far as i'm concerned if i get capped or my line gets thottled at peak times i have a letter with states it won't i'd be well within my rights to cancel my account with them.

and as post above they did say upto 10 days settling in period i had same when i first joined aol so i'll accept that i go live on wednesday so i'll post up any problems if and when the arrise.
    Last edited by snoggy; 3rd February 2007 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

lety me know how you get on,thinking of changing from telepest on 10mb but at end of contract and package price has rocketed right up.
    bt total option 3 looks like a good deal,
    how much is the bt line rental anyone

Thanks
    Karma Level

lety me know how you get on,thinking of changing from telepest on 10mb but at end of contract and package price has rocketed right up.
    bt total option 3 looks like a good deal,
    how much is the bt line rental anyone
    On my last bt phone bill line rental is £30.60p + calls + vat
    but with me allready having a bt phone that does'nt affect me i've paid it for 11 years so used to paying it now lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

just phoned telepest back up and negotiated a new deal

10mb TRUE UNLIMITED
    phone etc

£37 a month for life or untill i change after 12 months

Thanks
    Karma Level

just phoned telepest back up and negotiated a new deal

10mb TRUE UNLIMITED
    phone etc

£37 a month for life or untill i change after 12 months
    fecking good deal there mate nice job good on ya )

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ive had Bt Option 3 since Monday, and have to say that so far im very impressed. I panicked a bit after Bulldog shafted my account and stopped my service with no warning, so really didnt do much research as I needed bb back quickly.

The hub and phone appealed to me also, as my current landline phone is a bit poo!

While looking, (admittedly very briefly), I had several suppliers stating I would only receive 2mb as a max (same as the service I was on with Bulldog), with the odd couple stating up to 8mb.

When my line went active I checked the hub manager which stated well over 7k downstream, so had a quick check with newsbin and have been pulling off at well over 700kb/s so am well happy

Alarm bells started ringing when a couple of people mentioned to me the 40 gig monthly limit, as I would doubtless pull down over double that.

So I had a look at the t's&c's to find this:-

Monthly Usage Guidelines

A new approach to usage guidelines - to give you more freedom
    We have improved our approach to usage guidelines, meaning customers who stay within their usage guideline or only exceed it by a small amount are free to use broadband without the fear of being limited or charged.

Additionally, as there are more and more things you can do with a broadband connection, we have decided to increase your usage guideline anyway, giving you even more reason to relax and enjoy your broadband.

1. What are BT's usage guidelines?
    We have increased the usage guidelines for each of our Broadband products and Option 3 has now become Unlimited (effective from 18th January 2007)

Package: Monthly usage guideline:
    BT Total Broadband Option 1 5GB
    BT Total Broadband Option 2 8GB
    BT Total Broadband Option 3 Unlimited

2. What is a monthly usage guideline?
    This is the total amount of data you can send (upload) and receive (download) through your broadband connection each month.

3. Why does BT have usage guidelines?
    Usage guidelines help match customers to the most suitable product for them. In the past, lighter users of broadband have been paying the same price as a small minority of exceptionally high users. To resolve this, BT has introduced usage guidelines, enabling us to offer our customers the best prices for what they use. Therefore, relatively light broadband users can still enjoy super-fast broadband for a low monthly price.

4. How does it work?

Everything you send or receive over the Internet is bits of data, whether it's a web page, an email, a music track or a video clip. Each bit of data has a different size and is measured in Kilobytes (KB), Megabytes (MB) or Gigabytes (GB). The average email is around 4KB, a digital photo is around 1MB and a music track is around 5MB (1MB=1024KB, 1GB=1024MB).

Your monthly usage guideline lets you download (receiving emails, web pages and files) or upload (sending emails and files) whatever data you want, up to the GB guideline that you choose. Option 3 provides you with Unlimited usage.

5. What happens if I exceed my monthly usage guideline?
    If you exceed you usage guideline on Option 1 or 2 for 2 consecutive months, we will charge you 30p per excess GB starting on the second month, and following consecutive months if you still exceed your usage thereafter. This charge will appear on your next bill.

Remember, the vast majority of our customers find that the usage guideline for their product is suitable for their needs. If you do not exceed your guideline, or only exceed the guideline by a small amount, we won't contact you.

6. How will I know I have exceeded my monthly usage guideline?
    We will contact you via email to let you know that you have exceeded the usage guideline for your product in the first month it happens and let you know of any further actions we may take if this occurs in a consecutive month.

If you exceed the usage guideline for your product in a consecutive month, we will contact you via email again informing you of the charges described in section 5. If you choose to upgrade to a higher usage product or the Unlimited Option 3 product after your first usage warning email, the charges will be waived. You can upgrade either online at http://www.bttotalbroadband.bt.com/ or by calling the number that will be on the email.

7. What is the Fair Usage Policy on Option 3 Unlimited?
    BT Total Broadband's Fair Usage Policy is designed to make sure that the very few excessive users on the Option 3 Unlimited product do not use their service at the detriment of other customers.

BT will monitor network performance and may restrict the amount of bandwidth available to very heavy users during peak time to ensure that the majority of the customer base has a good customer experience. There will be no restriction imposed outside of these peak times.

If you don't use Peer-to-Peer or file sharing software or if you don't download very large files continuously at peak times, then it is very unlikely you will be affected by this policy.

So I think I have been very lucky and landed on my feet with it, and as long as I dont take the piss too much at peak times, it shouldnt be a problem.
    Last edited by adeingolf; 7th February 2007 at 12:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast