Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default weight gainer questionm which on is best ?

ok just a question as i need to try and pack on some muscle, i have been going gym for about 4.5 years now,

i have been out of gym for about 5 months now, i used to take a weight gainer suppliment as i have a low metabolizum , and found it worked well as i was getting enough protein and calories in the day talking 2 shakes a day, 1 in moring 1 before bed.

im looking to buy another 4.5 or 5kg tub, so i can start taking it before i get back into gym.

what i wanted to ask is,

whats the best weight gainer to pack on some muscle?

i used to take atlas 1500 gainer, its was cheap at 30 quid for 5kg tub worked ok but taisted like a old mans foot.

i have heard people talking about cnp pro mass

http://www.bodyactive-online.co.uk/S...al-ProMass.asp

however i noticed its like 10 pounds more expensive for a 4.5kg tub, than the atlas gainer i was buying,

is this weight gainer worth the extra 10 pounds? i mean i can put up with the atlas gainer taist if theres really no diffrence?

thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: weight gainer questionm which on is best ?

CNP has a good reputation as far as I know. I believe that the Pro-Mass is supposed to be a 'purer' form of weight-gain supp i.e. it has more in it that is easily broken down (some cheaper weight gains are composed of less easily broken down proteins). By the way, what's your calorific intake like? A lot of people who find it difficult to put on muscle have high metabolisms and/or simply aren't taking in enough calories.
    "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Karma Level

If money is a problem try whey, milk, oats, if you have access to a blender whack in some peanut butter and a banana. If not have some PB on toast and eat a banana with it. I know it isn't quite so effiecient and easy but it is a shite side cheaper.

As mav said, CNP has a good reputation for quality products

Thanks
    Karma Level

It sounds like if you have a slow metabolism that you shouldnt have a problem putting weight on, i have a very fast metabolism and i find it hard to put weight on, if you are unhappy with your metabolism try changing your diet and eating about 6 meals a day then see what happens in a couple of months then see if you still need a weight gain or a protein shake. I agree that home made shakes are so much cheaper and at least you know whats in them

Regards

Thanks
    Karma Level

my calorie intake is very low, sorry what i mean is i cant eat enough i only eat 1 small meal a day, lets say beans on toast or tuna sandwiches, i just cant eat enough, ive always been the same then say a packet of rich tea to try and get some calories in before bed. i just dont eat enough, full stop, this is why i used weight gainer.

the weight gainer helped as it was 1500 calories per shake so i was putting on weight slowly as taking the shakes i was getting enough calories inside me, which i couldent get by eating food.

home made shakes are a good idea, but id just rather buy some gainer and mix and just drink, just dont know which 4.5kg or 5kg one to go for.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hey JJ, not sure if you saw my thread on the subject, which I posted on the back of your question. There might be some good pointers in there for you to achieve you bulking aims?

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=291785

Thanks
    Karma Level

Jj i would say if thats all you can eat that you should go for the cheaper one coz its not worth the extra cash, your body will just be happy for any calories, i found learning how to eat was harder than training, try one of Roach`s diets they look brilliant.

Regards

Thanks
    Karma Level

You need to try and sort out your calorie intake and it's always best to do it naturally mate. Roachy's diet will help you but it won't be instant and you'll need to stick it out.
    "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer J. Simpson

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by maverick_15 View Post
    it won't be instant and you'll need to stick it out.
    So true. In the Bulk Up sticky I particularly liked this bit in the article by Fig,

"Body building is a full-time job you can’t workout for 3 months and take 3 months off. Almost everyone I know confuses size with steroids. Instead of size with time and hard work, some use the old "he’s got good genetics" line. Its not that they just confuse it they have this sort of image in their heads that anyone who is bigger has had some sort of help or luck. But it is just a miss-conception or a lack of experience. Some people don’t workout but once or twice a week work themselves out to death and then blame their poor results on other people who train right and grow."

Thanks
    Karma Level

good advice guys thanks,

i know going the gym 2-3 times a week is prefered method, but i do beleve you can still grow muscle going once a week.

im still quite big but my chest is lacking compaired to the rest of my body so need to really focus on getting chest bigger.

Huge_chimp you say buy the atlas gainer which is 5kg 30 quid, 10 pound cheaper than the pro mass,

well 3 x 5kg atlas gainer is 90 quid

theres a guy whos selling the pro mass 4.5kg at 40 quid each or special 88 pounds for 2 x 4.5 kg and get 1 x 2.5 kg free

i dont see the point in just buying 1 as i will need another in about 4 weeks so might buy 2-3 so i have enough protein/calories to last me couple of months.

so im just continplainting whever to buy the dorien yates pro mass on special as heard its good.
    Last edited by jjcool; 2nd February 2007 at 01:14 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It has a good reputation, it uses pure ingredients, it will most likely be a better quality supplement. It's therefore your decision given the information as to whether or not to go for it, there will be those of us here who would and those of us who wouldn't but it isn't our money At the end of the day, you're forking out £90 either way and if CNP does the trick you'll want to stick with it, if not you can try going back to that Atlas stuff.

I would sincerely suggest not training just once a week because that can be worse than not training at all - not necessarily from a size respect but because shocking your system (which it would be once a week) is not good and can lead to injuries.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Personally I think that you should save your money and learn to eat first. If you want to grow you need to eat, drinking powder all day every day won't cut it, and it is hardly a well rounded diet.

But as mav said, it's your money and your choice.