Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Six Nations

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Six Nations

Any predictions for this year's tournament? Ireland the favourites but you can never really write off any teams (except perhaps Italy?? Though even they are getting better with more players, particularly forwards, playing in the Premiership and the French league).
    "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Six Nations

I think France will win. I always think France will win though.

For the record, I hate Bryan O'Driscoll. I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I saw Brian O'Driscoll in a bar on Osborne Road in Newcastle, he was smoking. Professional sportsman - I was shocked. True story of the day.
    "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't like him. It's something about his face, he looks a right cunt and, from what I've read and heard, he is.

Very few rugby players are particularly professional, especially here in wales. The majority of the welsh rugby team twat about cardiff after games getting leathered and lairy, drinking upwards of ten pints and acting like they're fucking lords of the manor. My mate was telling me that while Gethin Jenkins has been injured, instead of recuperating and/or excercising those parts of his body that won't be exacerbated by training he's been lashing it up drinking 12 pints a day in the club-house and this is supposedly one of, if not our best player.

I've got very little time for the whole rugby mentality and culture in wales. Rugby teams around my area go out on mass every weekend, 10-20 lads and act like the biggest fucking bullies around. Twats.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Same in both Rugby codes, its very rare you find a clean living sportsman in Rugby! Except perhaps Johnny Wilkinson, he seems like a really clean cut boring c@nt who goes home to his mum's house after each match.

I'm also tipping the French, too much strength in depth throughout there squad for any of the other nations to pose a problem.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooed Freak View Post
    Same in both Rugby codes, its very rare you find a clean living sportsman in Rugby! Except perhaps Johnny Wilkinson, he seems like a really clean cut boring c@nt who goes home to his mum's house after each match.

I'm also tipping the French, too much strength in depth throughout there squad for any of the other nations to pose a problem.
    Yeah, I forgot about League. A mate of mine tells me there are certain parts up there where some of the league players past and present are practically gangsters with the extra-curricular stuff they get up to. Is he over-egging that?

Wilkinson strikes me as rugby's version of Michael Owen. Boring, family orientated, safe and continuously injured. If he earned the same money is Owen he'd probably buy a street so that his entire family could live within a few houses of each other as well. It's a pity for him that he had such a long time out of the game after the world cup as I'm sure he wasn't able to capitalise as much on his golden boy, world beating english fly-half image'. He's probably been overtaken by Carter now. Definitely in terms of talent and probably in terms merchandising.

Thanks
    Karma Level

He is an amazing talent, but the thing is Wilkinson still can't tackle correctly. He is always getting hurt as he leaves his head in hence the big fat bloody lip today!! He still has time on his side to improve that hopefully stay clear of the injuries that have hindered him over the last few years.

Thanks
    Karma Level

He's fucking committed in the tackle, I'll give him that.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think Wilko got his fat lip off a Scotland flankers accidental elbow after the tackle.
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah, but he went in for another tackle after being stitched up and had it re-opened as he left his head in again. He does put some of the other players to shame with guts and determination.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wales won't have a sniff.. the grand slam 2 years ago was won with a huge slice of luck and if anything put back their development, cos they suddenly believed they were better than they actually were.
    I'm tipping France, although for the first time in my life I'm wanting England to do well, but that's mostly because I don't want Ireland to win anything. The Irish ex-pros have been so smug in the press over the last week or so talking about how great their team is, I really hope they (and especially BOD) fall flat on their arse. I'm looking forward to seeing England's lumps in the centre Tindall and Farrell knock lumps out of BOD.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tindall looked awesome yesterday, so determined and an extremely powerful runner. He should switch codes to Rugby League during the Union off season.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wales were very good today when you consider how many players we had out suspended and injured. The refereeing was fucking abysmal. There was onwe try wales should have scored and an irish try that arguably wouldn't have come about had it not been for some atrocious decisions, or lack of. Ireland were more clinical, I'll give them that but Wales matched them in just about every area.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by WalterPill View Post
    Wales were very good today when you consider how many players we had out suspended and injured. The refereeing was fucking abysmal. There was onwe try wales should have scored and an irish try that arguably wouldn't have come about had it not been for some atrocious decisions, or lack of. Ireland were more clinical, I'll give them that but Wales matched them in just about every area.
    Which can only bode well for the rest of the tournament. I love the Six Nations, even more so when there's more than just two teams 'in it'.

Thanks
    Karma Level

an irish try that arguably wouldn't have come about had it not been for some atrocious decisions, or lack of.
    Dont forget the 2nd irish try came about as a result of an absolutely appaling kick by O'Gara that somehow managed to find touch. From the resulting pressure from the line-out Ireland got the ball over.

Also, what was the deal with BOD's injury? I've only ever seen people do that when a hamstring has gone, and he clearly didn't do his as he didn't leave the field?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

He did do his hamstring.....it was as he was chasing a through kick after about 65mins...he left the field after about 70mins.
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

So is it a minor tear? When I see athletes or footballers do their hamstrings they stop and thats it, or is BOD just THAT HARD

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Also D`Arcy tweaked his groin after about 10mins and played the whole of the game carrying it! In fact he was better with it!

I think most footballers would have been off straight away.
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Although it wasnt a bad performance by Wales they aint gonna win many matches if they miss as many first tackles as they did yesterday.

They constantly allowed Ireland over the gain line and made too many basic errors.

For example Czekaj not allowing the ball into touch which led to the first try, and Hook letting the ball into touch for a line out that led to O`Garas try when he had plenty of time to pick it up and hoof it 25m down the line.

Those things are in Wales control, its no good moaning about refereeing decisions as they are not.

The more I watch Easterbys so called interference on Czekaj the more I think it was an fair attempt to play the ball which led to Czekaj being impeded...a penalty possibly, no more.
    Last edited by Nibb; 5th February 2007 at 11:57 AM.
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wales were laughably apalling yesterday. I could barely contain my hysterics by the end. Terrible.

Happily, France just beat Ireland. Silver lining etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast