Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default What do you all think..

This site was only a small project for a guy in london to train locksmiths,nothing spectacular.

http://www.thelockcourse.com

Some views and opinions always appreciated
    i'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous

PS3 gamerTag = bigbill0_1 < Add me

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: What do you all think..

thats quite nice m8.. design wise its very clean simple and does the job.

content wise.. the intro blub is wank.
    We are leaders in the field of locksmith training, all training courses are carried out by proffessional locksmiths, so information and techniques used are current, which means it will be the best possible training you can get, All training takes place in our workshop within a actual working locksmiths, you will not be able to get better hands on experience!

With 18 years experience behind us, we know what we are talking about!
    all one sentance, 5 commas, capital letters after commas. we know what were talking about?? that puts me off tbh.. should be worded more professionally. infact the wording, grammar and composition is pretty poor throughout the site.

course... when u click a course, it brings up (badly worded) details and info, then a big book now button that looks as if you can push it and book online.

theres no mention of HOW to book, just says contact us... how can i book? by phone, by email? by both? can i book online? fucked if i know, you havent told me.

despite the fact you have a link to the booking form on the main page, you could really make that big BOOK NOW image a link to the form also.

thelockcourse@aol.com again screams unprofessional... if you have the lockcourse.com then why arent u using that as your email domain. silly.

last thing... the entire page fits inside my browser with grey space round the outside.. why is it i can sroll down about another quarter of a page with nothing but grey...

thats all i can think of.. hth.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I dont like the way you've used the flash, I'd take that out and make navigation buttons in its place (or use flash for that if you want flash in).

I think its better to stick with navigation along the top, as thats what people expect.

And I agree 100% with marcode, the text stuff is a mess, but thats nothing that can't be fixed in a few minutes, its not a design problem.

Also, the link "where are we" is dead.

And I wouldnt use black on grey on the order form, hard to read if your eyesight isnt great, though i'd imagine if your eyesight isnt great then a job as a locksmith probably isnt for you anyway

I'd also make your links open in the same window, rather than in new ones. Fair enough if you're linking to an external site, but internal links should open in the same window.

All minor points really, a little work and it could look pretty decent.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by marcode View Post
    thats quite nice m8.. design wise its very clean simple and does the job.

content wise.. the intro blub is wank.
    all one sentance, 5 commas, capital letters after commas. we know what were talking about?? that puts me off tbh.. should be worded more professionally. infact the wording, grammar and composition is pretty poor throughout the site.

course... when u click a course, it brings up (badly worded) details and info, then a big book now button that looks as if you can push it and book online.

theres no mention of HOW to book, just says contact us... how can i book? by phone, by email? by both? can i book online? fucked if i know, you havent told me.

despite the fact you have a link to the booking form on the main page, you could really make that big BOOK NOW image a link to the form also.

thelockcourse@aol.com again screams unprofessional... if you have the lockcourse.com then why arent u using that as your email domain. silly.

last thing... the entire page fits inside my browser with grey space round the outside.. why is it i can sroll down about another quarter of a page with nothing but grey...

thats all i can think of.. hth.
    Thanks for your comments matey.. taken on board and re doing the grammer now, The guy i built it for wanted to use the bloody aol.com email address i tried to explain it looks cack but he was having none of it. The wording has come all from him as i know bugger all about locks just made some changes o try and make sense of it a little. What res are you viewing the site in?

I dont like the way you've used the flash, I'd take that out and make navigation buttons in its place (or use flash for that if you want flash in).
    I was pretty restricted as he asked for 'some moving text or summut' and the site does not really have any navigational links as such.. only a handful repeated. Advice taken though. Thanks mate.

Making changes

Thanks
    Karma Level

er.. he can still keep his aol address...

just forward email from contact@thelockcourse.com to fuckwit@aol.com or whatever it is.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not bad overall. A few small things though...

- The little rectangular boxes next to the text of each table heading looks a bit crap, a small white arrow would look better.

- The list of courses are in times new roman, change the font to the same overall font your design uses.

- The list of courses table within the main courses table is aligned to the right. Align it to the center.

- The text 'Interested? complete our booking form' needs aligning correctly.

- The vertical borders of the courses table overuns the table.

- The first paragraphs within the 'Welcome to The Lockcourse' and 'Booking form' are indented by one space for some reason.

- The bottom table containing the contact details needs aligning to the center.

- Never put an email address directly onto a site. spam harvesters will crawl the address and begin spamming it. Encrypt the address or use a seperate contact form.
    Last edited by -AMO-; 7th February 2007 at 01:34 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by -AMO- View Post
    Not bad overall. A few small things though...

- The little rectangular boxes next to the text of each table heading looks a bit crap, a small white arrow would look better.

- The list of courses are in times new roman, change the font to the same overall font your design uses.

- The list of courses table within the main courses table is aligned to the right. Align it to the center.

- The text 'Interested? complete our booking form' needs aligning correctly.

- The vertical borders of the courses table overuns the table.

- The first paragraphs within the 'Welcome to The Lockcourse' and 'Booking form' are indented by one space for some reason.

- The bottom table containing the contact details needs aligning to the center.

- Never put an email address directly onto a site. spam harvesters will crawl the address and begin spamming it. Encrypt the address or use a seperate contact form.
    Thanks mate, will get rid of the email address link now and use a contact form i think. Also this site has no tables. Its all CSS.

Will look into the white boxes.. i was a little bored one night and whacked a box image in there.. i am tempted to remove them completely or even add a small 'key' or summut corny, a padlock ..

Thanks for your input guys, i am making changes to suit.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by marcode View Post

just forward email from contact@thelockcourse.com to fuckwit@aol.com or whatever it is.

hehe, made me chuckle.

Social Networking Bookmarks