Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default 350d rebel xt, different than normal?

Never used one of these canons so not too familiar with specs etc. I'm looking to pick one up and THIS seems an ok price. Is it the bog standard thing, or less/better?
    I'm not expecting anyone to do my net shopping, but after a little info from someone more experienced on them than me...ta
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 350d rebel xt, different than normal?

Quote Originally Posted by burner1 View Post
    Never used one of these canons so not too familiar with specs etc. I'm looking to pick one up and THIS seems an ok price. Is it the bog standard thing, or less/better?
    I'm not expecting anyone to do my net shopping, but after a little info from someone more experienced on them than me...ta
    Its just name used in the USA AFAIK.

How much are you wanting to pay mate , I might have my camera gear up for sale (Canon 350D + other gear) as I dont seem to get the spare time anymore and would rather recoup some cash and invest it in other stuff.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for that Kracken, probably hoping to pick something up for around the £300 mark mate.. Someones selling an Olympus E-20p with some well good lenses etc.. there asking £500 but no ones interested so I guess I would bid £400, but not even sure If I would be getting an ok deal with that one! Bloody confusing when you have to look at all the add-ons with these deals!
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by burner1 View Post
    Thanks for that Kracken, probably hoping to pick something up for around the £300 mark mate.. Someones selling an Olympus E-20p with some well good lenses etc.. there asking £500 but no ones interested so I guess I would bid £400, but not even sure If I would be getting an ok deal with that one! Bloody confusing when you have to look at all the add-ons with these deals!
    Sadly I dont know enough about camera gear as some of the other members of this forum , I would name a few but wouldnt want to upset anyone by not naming them.

But yes , the initial purchase of the camera is only the first step on a long and winding (and expensive) road

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

your best bet would be to stick with canon or nikon for an slr
    lenses / flashes etc.. are much easier to come by ( especially second hand ) and if you decide to upgrade the body all the extra lenses etc.. will still fit your new body ( providing you stick with same make body ) although this is true with olympus i would say there isn't as big following as there is with nikon / canon
    it might be worth keeping your eye's open for a canon 350d or nikon d70 as they have been superseeded now so should be quite cheap

oh the rebel xt is the american name for the 350d

Thanks
    Karma Level

nikon d70s is a cracking bargain now - but you'll need to photoshop most images to get the best out of it.

canon and nikon are much of a muchness. Canon is better with lower ISO and cleaner (less noisy) images in low light. Nikon wins on metering and ergonomics. Go and try both in a camera shop first - there's nothing in it re image quality - so it's which one you find easiest to hold and use.