Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default A bit of help please ladies and gents?

Hey, GMTV posted a poll to ban mini motos, can you guys please vote to NOT ban them?

Because in all honesty, its a lack of places to ride properly that's the real problem, bit the actual bikes!

link here

Thanks!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: A bit of help please ladies and gents?

no, it's the bikes, they're fucking shit. I'll vote for them to be banned, althohgh I dunno if GMTV can do anything about it.
    I'm new to this :huh:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Agreed - getting little shits and even crack head adults i seen fly about on em.

If they powered by petrol, can reach speeds of 30mph then what makes them different to a mo-ped?

Just because they are small dont mean they aint a pain or dangerous.

you might just fall on ur arse posting that here - BAN EM

If they were in some way limited to an age range or kids under 16 culdnt get em then i dont have a problem at all.

Its the fact that for 100-150 i see loads of 12yr olds flying around the roads with no sense carrying containers of petrol.

Maybe thats just my area - but i think they are gay

Thanks
    Karma Level

i know the government appears to be taking all its ideas and laws from tv shows (kids dinners, fat kids ballroom dancing, hugging hoodies etc) but i doubt tony's up early enough to watch gmtv, and even if he was i wouldn't worry gmtv cant ban anything it a tv show

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spennyboy View Post
    Agreed - getting little shits and even crack head adults i seen fly about on em.

If they powered by petrol, can reach speeds of 30mph then what makes them different to a mo-ped?

If they were in some way limited to an age range or kids under 16 culdnt get em then i dont have a problem at all.

Its the fact that for 100-150 i see loads of 12yr olds flying around the roads with no sense carrying containers of petrol.

I can see where your coming from, but if there was somewhere for them to go, dont you think they might just go there instead of using them on the streets?

They are a good laugh to piss about on, etc; but the problem is finding somewhere legal to use 'em!

Instead of banning them, they should build or ogranise a place to use them! Just like when skateboards and bmx's where all over the news! That stopped as soon as the councils did something about it, and built skate parks!

And as for being limited by age, ANYONE can go buy ANY sized real bike if they are going to use it on the track!! There's no laws what you can do on a track! Theses bikes have never been made for the road, and never will be made for the road! They are made for the track, its where they belong! But if there's no track to use 'em, then you get little sh*ts riding 'em on the street!

Quote Originally Posted by casio
    i know the government appears to be taking all its ideas and laws from tv shows (kids dinners, fat kids ballroom dancing, hugging hoodies etc) but i doubt tony's up early enough to watch gmtv, and even if he was i wouldn't worry gmtv cant ban anything it a tv show
    I know mate, but its principal! Because you can guarantee that if they do vote to ban 'em, they will be all over the news or sum sh*t, but if they vote to not get banned, then you wont hear much more on the matter!
    Last edited by Mario87; 17th February 2007 at 01:35 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

well I've voted no and the no vote seems to be winning
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

I voted no and 86% agree. I dont use them, but why should they be banned? should we ban alcohol because some people get drunk and cause a fight? Didnt think so, so why should we ban these? Just confiscate them from people who abuse them, and leave everyone else in peace.

Thanks
    Karma Level

A 4yr old girl was seriously hurt when one of these fuckin things hit her on a pavement round our way.

Should be banned in my eyes, they are a noisy fuckin nuisance that chavs piss about on, and 80% of the people that own them ride around the streets on them. Liability, get rid !!
    SUNDERLAND AFC - THE NORTH EASTS ONLY PREMIERSHIP TEAM

Thanks
    Karma Level

If they had an indoor/outdoor track for them that would be fine.
    The reason they dont have the track is because the government know it would only get used by a fraction of mini moto owners.

The rest would use them in places people could get hurt.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DappaBastard View Post
    If they had an indoor/outdoor track for them
    that would be fine.
    The reason they dont have the track is because the government know it would only get used by a fraction of mini moto owners.

The rest would use them in places people could get hurt.
    I disagree! A few councils around the country have set up clubs and organise weekly events, and it has greatly reduced the number of people riding them in the streets! Obviously there's a few who spoil it for everyone else, but most people just want to have a bit of fun and not get hassled by the cops!

Some go kart places go let you ride your mini motos on their premisies, but only once a month, so it's pretty useless! If they actually set up a proper mini racetrack for them then 90% of problems would go away! But the other 10% are down to chavs, and TBH, they're just as bad on proper road legal bikes, they still ride them on paths, etc!

And theses little bikes are a great stepping stone to start racing proper bikes! Valentino Rossi, arguably the worlds greatest ever MotoGP rider moved onto mini motos after go karts became too expensive for his parents!

If a kid starts young enough and wins the british championships on these mini bikes (yes they do have them! they even have scottish championships), then move onto 125cc, 250cc, etc he may well become the next world champion in MotoGP!
    Last edited by Mario87; 17th February 2007 at 03:12 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spennyboy View Post

its the exact same round my area. the farmer gave them abit of his land to go and ride about on to keep them off the streets but they still dont go onit just ride around the village pissing everyone off with there crappy bikes
    I have stolen money from a DF member and a member of Disqworld. All my personal details including families details are on file and will be made public to everyone if I do not refund the money I stole or send the goods I promised. My name will be ravaged across the net and the consequences will be severe if I do not sort this fucking mess out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why don't they change the laws instead so anyone using one on a public road will be done for no insurance, mot, and license +cbt if applicable. In addition, instant confiscation coupled with heavy fines.

Thanks
    Karma Level

That is the law already. if they get busted they can be charged with that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

so the problem isn't the bikes, its coppers for doing nothing then?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Domain28 View Post
    I disagree! A few councils around the country have set up clubs and organise weekly events, and it has greatly reduced the number of people riding them in the streets! Obviously there's a few who spoil it for everyone else, but most people just want to have a bit of fun and not get hassled by the cops!
    Yeh but my point is that there is probably only a couple in the whole country, i know there isnt 1 in the whole north east m8

Dont get me wrong i raced 125cc and 250cc and i love bikes, my favourite was my KX 250. I would love the council to build a track that the public would use, but thats never gonna happen.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Domain28 View Post
    I can see where your coming from, but if there was somewhere for them to go, dont you think they might just go there instead of using them on the streets?
    er..

right lemme get this straight... you want us to believe that if councils gave em somewhere to ride the problem would go away? firstly, thats mince. as people have said, even with places to ride, they still act like cunts.

and secondly in order for your rediculous plan to work it would have to be implemented all over the uk.. fuck that, why should the taxpayer foot the bill for some numpties who buy shit even when they have no place to ride?

i think a much better option is to ban them entirely, problem solved.. people ride them off the public roads, or if they ride them on public roads they get done for it.

i live near a country park and they regularly turn up with mini bikes and quad bikes etc, which is fine... but if i hear those idiots out in the fields at 3am sounding like they are running around with a damn chainsaw ever again, itll be too bloody soon.

Thanks
    Karma Level

just depends on the folk using the bikes I guess, but I personally dont see a problem with them! Some folk are c**ts and will just ride on the road, its a bit like folk driving a car with no licence, insurance, etc!

Some people actually buy these things to use legally, but the problem is that most are bought for spoilt kids or by chavs who just want to piss about on them anywhere they want!

I cant say iv ever seen or heard a mini moto in Reading, and have only seen a couple up in Aberdeen, and even then, they weren't even running! Just depends where you are I guess!

Our neighbour down here in Reading has a dirt bike that they use all the time, yea it gets a bit annoying, but its not as bad as people make out!

And they use it in their back garden (its a big garden), so its on private property, but they dont use it at 2am or anything stupid like that! Usually just during the day!

If there was somewhere to go, then it would be get rid of a lot (NOT ALL) of people riding on the roads! Other councils have proven that! And if you want the goverment to stop waster tax payers money, then tell them to get their troops the f*ck out of Iraq, thats THE BIGGEST waste of tax payers money if I EVER saw one!!!

And just because you think they're pointless, as I stated above; these little bikes are a great stepping stone to start racing proper bikes! Valentino Rossi, arguably the worlds greatest ever MotoGP rider moved onto mini motos after go karts became too expensive for his parents!

If a kid starts young enough and wins the british championships on these mini bikes (yes they do have them! they even have scottish championships), then move onto 125cc, 250cc, etc he may well become the next world champion in MotoGP!

I would MUCH rather see the tax payers money go on tracks that might produce the worlds next MotoGP champion, instead of a POINTLESS war!

And do you think getting done is gonna stop chavs, etc?! They are the kind of folk that drive without insurance, licence, etc! So if they do get cought and given points even before they have a licence (which is the current law for being done with a mini moto on the road), then they are MORE likely to not get insured on their cars because insurance will be sky high, or they will be refused insurance!
    Last edited by Mario87; 17th February 2007 at 09:38 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

specious reasoning that ... end the war.. spend it on minimoto tracks lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Funnily enough,Ive been offered a bit of land that used to be an old WW2 base.
    I got the idea of turning it into a motorbike/kart track as its already all tarmaced etc.
    Dont know feck all about bikes though.
    Maybe think about employing a biker/mechanic and have another look after reading this.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by marcode View Post
    specious reasoning that ... end the war.. spend it on minimoto tracks lol
    not quite what I was saying! My point is that the war is a bigger waste of money than paying for a track that people can use freely! And the millions (or billions) of pounds from the war could and SHOULD go to schools, hospitals, etc, and a few grand could go on some tracks!!
    Last edited by Mario87; 17th February 2007 at 10:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast