Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default URGENT HELP NEEDED

Hi

I have a Corsa SXi + and is a year old on the 1st March. I have had a problem with the drivers seat, in which it is constantly creaking and cracking accross the base. This has been going on for nearly 9months and my dealer has tried many things but has not been able to sort the problem out. They contacted Vauxhall themselves to get help from them and they wouldn't get back to the dealer. I sent 5letters and 4e-mails and got no reply from them, so i tried calling them and last week i got a woman manager call me about it and said that a field engineer would come to the dealer to see the car. But yesterday the dealer phoned me up and the service manager said that he had got some bad news for me, he had been on the phone for over a hour to a manager/engineer and he has said that they will not make another attempt to sort the problem out because they have already put three new seats in and the problem has only got worse everytime they do this.

So does anyone know where I stand legally on this, as i have already contact the finance company GMAC and told them i will not make anymore payments until this matter is sorted, but because it was late ysterday there was no managers their to discuss the matter. I know the interior is only covered for a year and i think Vauxhall are trying to keep me holding on for as long as possible to turn around to me and say its out of warranty now, but this has been going on for 9months now. The service manager told the vauxhall manager that there was clearly a problem with the car and he didn't know how to fix it, but he wouldn't have none of it.

So does anyone know where i stand?
    and does anyone have any ideas on what could be the cause.

Any help apprecaited.

Rob

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: UREGNT HELP NEEDED

If you have complained in the warranty time and it has not been sorted out and you have given them a reasonable attempts to fix it. They have not been able to sort it out you would be entitled to your money back or a new car. I bet if you sent them a solicitors letter stating this they would Sharpe sort it out.

Cheers

Ian j

Thanks
    Karma Level

strange ive had my 1.4sxi twinport for 2 years takein it back 5times and its got sorted with in the dad i send no problems new timein belt one time one was a air bag sencor and the trest were jst pertty things that i didnt like it doin

Thanks
    Karma Level

As Ian_Jedi said, I think you need to start getting legal with them. If you were VIP I would say post over in the legal section as LE is great at anything like this.

It doesnt sound like a problem with the seat especially if they have replaced it 3 times, maybe the mounts or somthing but hey were not the people that should be sugesting the fix to them. They have tried and failed, I understand that getting a solicitor to write to them could be expensive so maybe you should write to the garrage owner recorded delivery, stick to the facts, dates when the car went in with the problem what was done etc and maybe give them 1 more atempt to fix the fault. give them a period of time 7 or 14 days to sort the problem and if it isnt dont then take action.

Your options
    take the car to an alternative garrage and get them to fix the problem and write a report, then use the small claims to get the money back from the dealership.

Just go for the whole hog and ask for all your money back pay the finance off and start again, you have given them enough chance to sort the problem, maybe giving them 1 more chance would show willing on your side.

Also send a copy to the finance company and indicate this on the letter who they have been sent to. The dealership CC: GMAC and GMAC CC:vauxhall dealer.

The possible problem is that your car is no longer available, I don't think you have a corsa D I dont think it was released untill the 56 plate cars came out.

just a quick question you don't wear dangly earings that could be the cause of the squeak? just some advert I remember seeing years back

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Little John View Post
    As Ian_Jedi said, I think you need to start getting legal with them. If you were VIP I would say post over in the legal section as LE is great at anything like this.
    Would be worth the donation to VIP just for this alone...LE is the biz with his field of work...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Dont mean to be cheaky here but what do you weigh.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Car has been to another dealer and they have not been able to do it. This is the third new Corsa i have had and this is the only one that has had a problem with the seat. I weigh 15st

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED

this is strange got a mate @ work with a meriva with a similar problem and his car is less than a yr old
    Last edited by stevo25; 18th February 2007 at 11:17 PM. Reason: cant spell

Thanks
    Karma Level

It is something so small, but its so bloody annoying

Thanks
    Karma Level

get a solicitor involved, seen this before, but am unable to comment on exact cause, save to say it could be due to excess pressure excerted on the rear mounting coupling whrere the bolts enter the chassis, a weld may have come loose. After all a corsa is more of a ladies/hair dressers car and not a lot of ladies/hair dressers weight 15 Stone...
    Losing Gracefully Since September 2010

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Tony View Post
    get a solicitor involved, seen this before, but am unable to comment on exact cause, save to say it could be due to excess pressure excerted on the rear mounting coupling whrere the bolts enter the chassis, a weld may have come loose. After all a corsa is more of a ladies/hair dressers car and not a lot of ladies/hair dressers weight 15 Stone...

dude there is a ladies hair dresser in Newcastle I won't say where but the girls that work there are min 20 stone

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was more than 15st when my sister got her corsa and did about 12000 miles in it without a problem Its a corsa C on a 53 plate.

Your not gonna get any better advice than going legal the company will just keep fobbing you off, don't phone them anymore everything must be in writeing signed for delivery and keep coppies of everything.

Sign up for VIP and make use of legal eagle I am sure he will tell you exactly the same thing.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup: