Close

Thread: Credit Help

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Credit Help

Right, I've not applied for any credit and I've not got any Defaults or CCJ's on my name but I've failed to pay my debt or forgot to in some instances for 1 month max, this all shows on my credit report.

Would this stop me getting credit anywhere else? Like I say no defaults or nowt on my name but those pesky little months of forgetting to pay etc might kick up the stink.

And also, is it the same credit report that experian send me that the creditors get to see?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Credit Help

I don't know the official answer on this but from experience most things will not be a problem unless you have defaults or CCJ's - and even those are less important as time goes on.
    I got my (nice rate) mortage 3 years ago with no problems (after worrying for ages) with a default and some other crappy payments.
    Most places are looking for reasons to give you credit, not for reasons not to.
    It depends entirely on the lender. For example, Halifax One account turned me down 3 years ago but Virgin, HSBC and Egg all said yes straight away for credit cards.
    But mate if you can, don't go down that route, I wish I hadn't and only did as we needed every scrap of cash for the house.

Thanks
    Karma Level

to be honest mate, i'm not wanting to get credit, it's just always good to be able to get it if i can, so i was just wondering whats the chances if i were to.

but aye, i'm not getting anything as yet, so everythings all good

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well in that case I really wouldn't worry. A few missed payments whilst lightly tarnishing your record will make almost no difference, especially after 2 years. I'm almost positive that actual payment history as in monthly payments are only recorded for that long and that only defaults CCJ's etc show for 6.