Close

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Virgin Media Rolls out 20mb Internet from 1st may - 10mb users upgrade for £2!

Quote Originally Posted by John Keymer View Post
    Call their retentions line - very helpful and put everything through straight away!
    Don't suppose you have that number to hand do you?

DJ OD

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Virgin Media Rolls out 20mb Internet from 1st may - 10mb users upgrade for £2!

Quote Originally Posted by 2nice View Post
    Has anybody had the upgrade to 20mb yet. I'm in Brum but no letter to say I will be getting this automatically.
    My Brother (Crayford, S E London) had his last week but has had lots of problems ever since. I'm in Wallington (S W London, Surrey) no upgrade yet
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    Don't suppose you have that number to hand do you?
    DJ OD
    pm'd.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Mine is "To be confirmed" in Manchester area - I presume that is short for "Yes, you will get it but after everyone else in the country has had theirs for 6 months."

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Derby isnt even on the list!!!!!
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Junglist View Post
    This has been updated now
    http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html.../schedule.html

Schedule is stunning, they start charging us £2 more from now but they cant even tie a bloody month down for when most get the speed upgrade!

Yeah, I thought the same mate. Was gonna start a thread with this link, but thought WTF is the point.
    If nature always takes the easiest route, what's easier...?
    The creation of billions of galaxies each containing trillions of stars each with their own solar systems, some with planets that have evolved civilisations with billions of different life forms. OR The creation of just your imagination?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I just checked, they haven't charged me for the coming month, cold comfort I WANT MY 20MEG!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It says the preston area has been done, would blackburn be included in this? as there is no blackburn on the list? im sad now

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well do you feel the need 4 Speed. well internet speed that is,
    after reading the posts on this thread my head is a spinning with things i would like to say, but i is fucking at spelling and would be here all night typing.
    anyway may i just say sorry to all the ones out there that have had a uninformed Cable engineer come to your home and not knowing all about the fucking services your isp is offering. the truth is we do not get told about new speeds or were the fuck the sky channels have gone. we are just like you we have to go home at night and read good post like this one to find out what the fuck is going on.So Sorry. oh and if we were offerd more cups of tea, well you would be sirprised what we would do for you.
    Dave.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Define engineer??
    We often slag them off but not in this thread

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

whats the crack with this 20mb broadband as a 10mb customer do they upgrade it automatically or have i to contact them i got the letter saying they will be upgrading on the 1st of may anyone know

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bobo06 View Post
    whats the crack with this 20mb broadband as a 10mb customer do they upgrade it automatically or have i to contact them i got the letter saying they will be upgrading on the 1st of may anyone know
    Auto, for £2 more

Thanks
    Karma Level

i allmost posted in the wrong place

Thanks
    Karma Level

No its cool to slag us off, i do it to all the engineers i work with. in cable.lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

To see if you have got the new speed take the power lead out of the modem for about 5-10 mins then put it back in, let it boot and then test. ring 150 tomorrow and tell them your modem seems to be running slow and went of last night for about 5-10 mins can have a look at your modem from there end to see if all is well.thay will do a test or 2, as there doing the test ask if i is possable to see if you have had your upgrade yet. talk very nice to the one on the phone. i will take time to hit all the modems that are being upgraded as well as hitting all the new installs that go on in a working day. fucking shit loads.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

SWEET DAVIEBOY

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daveshooter View Post
    To see if you have got the new speed take the power lead out of the modem for about 5-10 mins then put it back in, let it boot and then test. ring 150 tomorrow and tell them your modem seems to be running slow and went of last night for about 5-10 mins can have a look at your modem from there end to see if all is well.thay will do a test or 2, as there doing the test ask if i is possable to see if you have had your upgrade yet. talk very nice to the one on the phone. i will take time to hit all the modems that are being upgraded as well as hitting all the new installs that go on in a working day. fucking shit loads.
    What the hell does this mean, what is the point in pulling the modem out for 5-10 mins, let alone phoning them a day later asking if you have been upgraded, nothing and I mean nothing is going to get you upgraded faster until its time for your area ...

Also its not the people on the end of the phone that upgrade you, so all in all a pointless post ...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

BOO DAVEYBOY

LMAO

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was lead to beleave that if you remove the power for about 10 mins then plug it back in again it is most likely you will get a new ip address, unlike the old days when it stuck to your mac address. then as you have a new ip in a new range it will send you the new 20meg cm-file.
    and regards saying (Also its not the people on the end of the phone that upgrade you, so all in all a pointless post) being nice means they will try harder to help you and maybe send you a new hit,as it is in the south west as am i.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My router is off every night and I never get a different IP
    Last edited by blaggard; 2nd May 2007 at 11:12 PM. Reason: removed wrong inf

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast