Close

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Virgin Media Rolls out 20mb Internet from 1st may - 10mb users upgrade for £2!

Seems like the throttling is being introduced regardless of the time. I'm currently capped at 5mb and according the upgrade schedule my area has been done :s

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Virgin Media Rolls out 20mb Internet from 1st may - 10mb users upgrade for £2!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonysoprano View Post
    Seems like the throttling is being introduced regardless of the time. I'm currently capped at 5mb and according the upgrade schedule my area has been done :s
    Same here mate..
    In fact since VM took over, I've since major drops in download speed and whilst 2 weeks ago, when I was upped to 20meg, I was getting a full 20 meg in usenet, I now rarely see more than 10 meg and more often than not It's between 5 and 8 meg.. what a joke!
    I'm hanging in at the moment in case things change but only cos they've halved my bill for the next 3 months..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daveshooter View Post
    now i have 20 megs i can download a dvd 4.45 gigs in just under 5. mins using newzbin.
    4.5gb in under 5 mins are you sure lol?

Even on full whack 10mb, a file of a similar size takes around an hour and 15 mins.
    360 ID: Symate

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry chlliman that was a typo. nice to see somone reads me posts. i ment 35mins.somtimes less, no cap thow.been on giganews all week end downloaded shit loads.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Leeds area To be confirmed

lol so itll be XMAS before i get it, ill do wot i did last year
    say im moving to SLY as my sagem digi isnt picking up the film channels

they dont like it when ya say your moving to a better service provider especially now when virg@n have lost all the extra channels

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daveshooter View Post
    Sorry chlliman that was a typo. nice to see somone reads me posts. i ment 35mins.somtimes less, no cap thow.been on giganews all week end downloaded shit loads.
    Lol, no worries, I suspected a typo.
    360 ID: Symate

Thanks
    Karma Level

The whole of the Midlands is still 'to be confirmed'. Well I just hope my next bill comes with the amount I have to pay 'to be confirmed'!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 2nice View Post
    The whole of the Midlands is still 'to be confirmed'. Well I just hope my next bill comes with the amount I have to pay 'to be confirmed'!!!
    That page is wank...ffs theres only two places left to do in may, everywhere else is either complete or to be confirmed, wtf is the point of the page if it aint gonna give you any details.

And as for billing, how about I pay the 1st £20 in full then anything over that I pay 25% over the following four months so that every other person/buisness that needs my money gets there 'fair' share.
    If nature always takes the easiest route, what's easier...?
    The creation of billions of galaxies each containing trillions of stars each with their own solar systems, some with planets that have evolved civilisations with billions of different life forms. OR The creation of just your imagination?

Thanks
    Karma Level

North East
    Gateshead area - To be confirmed
    Middlesbrough area - To be confirmed

What about fucking Newcastle!!!
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ive still not got the fucker yet and they are traffic shaping me.

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I get traffic shaped all times of day and night.. only time I get over 10 meg is about 3am if i'm still up... i've been gettting an average of from 3 to 9 meg through the day..
    It's just an excuse because they had insufficient infrastructure for the existing speeds .. let alone doubling the 10 to 20...
    please come back N*L all is forgiven..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by supraman54 View Post
    I get traffic shaped all times of day and night.. only time I get over 10 meg is about 3am if i'm still up... i've been gettting an average of from 3 to 9 meg through the day..
    It's just an excuse because they had insufficient infrastructure for the existing speeds .. let alone doubling the 10 to 20...

True, thats what its like, and the cunts say its only between 4 and 10 if you ask them
    marcode and major fu said this would happen i thought they were just jealous of my large connection( ) but they were right.

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by supraman54 View Post

I agree it has become a farce i'm sure i'm getting throttled when i've not even downloaded anywhere near 3gig i'm considering just going down to 4 meg as thats all i'm getting all day anyway now on a 10 meg connection.Whats the point in paying the extra £££ for nothing.

Thanks
    Karma Level

this is some thing i dont understand lads. all my computer dose all day is download films to my media player ready for my little girl to watch at bed time, it never drops below 10.22mps so DU-meter tells me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

bet it's limitied to 2gb a month - whats that on 20mb? probably about 2minutes lol
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

this is truly bollox but i have a little solution that helps,

i pay for 1 modem and clone another, then use wingate to combine them. before capping i get 40meg and when they cap i still get a full 10 megs, does me fine at the moment.

i think they will dump the cap in time, as *** did with there 75gb a month, when they start loosing customers

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by runner05 View Post
    this is truly bollox but i have a little solution that helps,

i pay for 1 modem and clone another, then use wingate to combine them. before capping i get 40meg and when they cap i still get a full 10 megs, does me fine at the moment.

i think they will dump the cap in time, as *** did with there 75gb a month, when they start loosing customers
    Hey thats an excellent idea.. will look into that. Does the second modem need to be identical? I have another N*L modem, it was the silver one? the 150 or the 200 so could that do it?...mmm love it when I have a project. Seems like only justice to me as I'd never be getting more than i'm paying for..

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

how do you do this because ive got two modems the one im using and a brand new one they send me out the other day

Thanks
    Karma Level

i will post up a guide in the main forum, its prety simple and works a treat

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast