Close

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Virgin Media Rolls out 20mb Internet from 1st may - 10mb users upgrade for £2!

Hey,

Just got a letter as i guess most of your will.

Long and short of it is.

Cost goes up £2 (£37 a month) but the internet is going to be a 20mb connection!

Woo hoo.

I wonder what happens with all of us who complained and are on reduced rates tho... hmmm.

Would mean i get 20mb BB for £29 a month.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Virgin Media Rolls out 20mb Internet from 1st may - 10mb users upgrade for £2!

They need to sort out their ADSL speeds.

Supposed to be on an 8meg service, get top speed in the morning but as soon as the sun goes down, im lucky if I get half a meg!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Virgin Media Rolls out 20mb Internet from 1st may - 10mb users upgrade for £2!

No doubt i'll be one of the last to get the upgrade like last time but it's well worth the extra 2 quid.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Im about to move house into a cable area and considering 20 meg virgin, I am currently using Be unlimited and am really happy with their service but only get 7 meg out of the 24meg I pay for. If you are close to the exchange Be unlimited is a lot cheaper at £24 per month

bub

Thanks
    Karma Level

what kind of FUP does virgin have though? Seems a bit pointless to me as most packages are severely limited on monthly useage. I doubt the average user who is just viewing webpages and chatting won't notice the difference at all.

..I bet they say up to 20mb too, you'll probably have to setup camp inside your exchange to get the max.. I bet there are very few pepole who live close enough to get the benefit from 10mb to 20mb
    Sent from my PC using a keyboard

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Possy_99 View Post
    what kind of FUP does virgin have though? Seems a bit pointless to me as most packages are severely limited on monthly useage. I doubt the average user who is just viewing webpages and chatting won't notice the difference at all.

..I bet they say up to 20mb too, you'll probably have to setup camp inside your exchange to get the max.. I bet there are very few pepole who live close enough to get the benefit from 10mb to 20mb
    As has been said elsewhere here, distance means nothing as it's NOT adsl, BT are still screwing up ADSL with ther crappy lines featuring pre-war equipment and alluminium joints all ovet the place. Contention ie rarely an issue on cable either, If you can, you should.
    I've been getting flat out 10 meg on Giganews 99.99 percent of the last year. 20 meg will mean just that, the 750k upload will we welcome too!
    Let's not forget that this is "unlimited" too, I don't know anyone who's been hit with FUP on cable.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah spenny... i have just had £25 a month knocked of my 10M service..

Virgin have a FUP bu they seem to be fairly laid back, i have been with them for years and have never once recieved any kind of letter or warning..

I have a fair amount of through traffic too.. i think if you take the piss and do 200gb + every month non stop. they may contact you. I think the service is top notch!

course Virgin have only been in the seat for a few weeks... could get worse.
    i'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous

PS3 gamerTag = bigbill0_1 < Add me

Thanks
    Karma Level

on cable 20Mbits means 20Mbits anywhere on the network, you're not limited to how far you are from the UBR.

Obviously there's problems in over subscribed areas but distance isn't a factor.
    Download my latest breaks and electro mixes or listen to Sellout Breaks FM

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

One or two people on here did get done by the FUP a year or 2 back, I seem to remember that they were trying to download the entire internet though.

Any news on what's happening to the 2MB & 4MB service?

Thanks
    Karma Level

will it be traffic shaped?

damn speeds slow down at peak times

Thanks
    Karma Level

Never had any speed issues or fup notices issued, d/l around 120-160Gb a month. DSL sucks big time in comparison unless you have a leased line

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by chubblies View Post
    DSL sucks big time in comparison unless you have a leased line
    I'll happily stick to my 1Mbit upload on my dsl connection, oh and 20Mbits down that I've had for while now, I don't live on top of the exchange either but within 1000m which covers a lot of houses in my area.
    Download my latest breaks and electro mixes or listen to Sellout Breaks FM

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hxbro View Post
    I'll happily stick to my 1Mbit upload on my dsl connection, oh and 20Mbits down that I've had for while now, I don't live on top of the exchange either but within 1000m which covers a lot of houses in my area.
    Must be great having a decent upload thats the major letdown with virgin.

Thanks
    Karma Level

They are covering there arse this time and saying up up to 20mb as then they dont have to guarantee you the full speed.

Had some wank in today changing my digi-box as its knackered clueless bastard when i asked him about it, lucky i got the letter as this cunt was a retard.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, seeing as I'm paying £17.50 a month for 10mb now supposedly for life, would they be allowed to knock this back up to £37? If they do then they can fuck right off, lol!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by John Keymer View Post
    Well, seeing as I'm paying £17.50 a month for 10mb now supposedly for life, would they be allowed to knock this back up to £37? If they do then they can fuck right off, lol!

I'm in the same situation as you mate,17.50 supposedly for life.Lets see what happens.
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

Thanks
    Karma Level

20MB now huh. Kewl. Just upgraded to 10MB from 4MB. With the 4MB I was getting only 2MB so I thought that by getting 10MB this would give me the 4MB Maybe this £2 extra will give us 10MB'ers, 10MB.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I`m on the 10mb @ £17.50 but i have to keep ringing up every couple o fmonths cos the silly bints in CS won`t do it for any longer.

Thanks
    Karma Level

just got my letter also, will i need a modem upgrade as im still on the SB4100. ive had this for about 6 years,lol

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think the "up to 20mg" quote is for "corporate" VM which of course includes ADSL. As a Telewest customer this was never an issue though I am on a much undersubscribed UBR and relatively unaffected by contention . As regards the couple of people hit by FUP (and yes I seem to remember they were extreme cases too) I think they were *** rather than TW, lets hope VM emulate TW. I've dropped the TV service though, I had their buggy TVdrive for over a year, still no HD content and alll the software revisions seem to just make it worse, I'll find my HD content elswhere for now, roll on 20mg!
    Last edited by blaggard; 26th March 2007 at 11:03 AM.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast