Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

PS3 My PS3 Demo Reviews.

Right, all setup and got a Jap Account so I can download the Jap Demos, and here are my impressions (of the demo`s from PlayStore or whatever it is, not full games).

They are reviewed in the order I played them, playing whilst downloading the others in the background, and on the standard cable - HDMI lead in the post

Lemmings
    Same old Lemmings, blockier, more consoley graphics.
    What can I say. It`s Lemmings!

GT:HD
    Pretty cool actually, I felt like The Stig off Top Gear racing the same course with different cars.
    I look a bit more like Fat Stig though (fans of the show will know what I mean!)
    Can imagine it looks sweet in HD, gameplay seems good although not sure about the revs whilst cornering, you almost come to a stop! Might be me using AT tho.
    Will deffo be going back to try and creep up the leaderboard - like the way you can watch the #1 replay - not a new feature I know, but nice and easy to do.

Resistance Fall of Man
    Well hmmm, it`s not quite a WW2 shooter and it`s not quite a futuristic shooter either, it`s kinda stuck. I wasn`t impressed by the graphics, it wasn`t HD for me but the look of the monsters and stuff didn`t really make me think, heh cool, with any special smoothness of animation or textures etc. The gameplay was OK, pretty repetative, didn`t really like the weapons.
    Gears of War pisses all over it in every way.

MotorStorm
    Loved it!
    Reminded me of Destruction Derby 1 & 2 (which I loved!) but with sweet as fuck graphics. Jostling for position and the effects of your truck breaking up, the dust, truck getting dirtier, dist on the camera....can`t wait to play it in HD.

AI is pretty good, and the course was nice and bumpy with lots of good crashspots and places to nudge enemies off course / cliff

One I`m thinking of buying.

Formula 1 CE Demo
    Pretty good, nice sensation speed, especially when goin full pelt - nice through the 6.1 too
    Remember to take the driving aids off too (or at least some of them!), only realised on the 2nd race that the car was pretty much controlling itself as long as I press roughly the right direction

Genji
    Not really into these kind of games, hack and slash, boring, Dynasty Warriors clone.

Ridge Racer 7
    Never been into RR either, always hates the control system, although good solid arcade fun if that`s what your into. Not my bag, sister.

Everybody`s Golf (Jap Demo)
    Dunno, still waiting for it to download but too tired to wait, gonna hit the sack with a spliff and watch some Scrubs. Or Family Guy.

Will update tomorrow.
    Last edited by rIKmAN; 29th March 2007 at 02:57 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: My PS3 Demo Reviews.

Just an update on Everybody`s Golf....seems liek it could be fun with more characters, courss and events, but the demo is too shallow to really get into.
    I played through the whole thing in about 5 minutes (only a few holes) but I`d deffo like to play the full game.