Close

View Poll Results: How often do you exercise per week?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't exercise

37 33.94%
  • 1-2 times a week

17 15.60%
  • 3-4 times a week

38 34.86%
  • 5-6 times a week

14 12.84%
  • Every day

3 2.75%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: How often do you exercise?

I walk the dog everyday for 30 minutes and have a hour round trip walk to work and back. I am on my feet all day at work for 8 hours and rarely sit down and veg. None of this increases my heart rate but I haven't put weight on in years and feel good. I'd like to exercise but I have no motivation and really can't be arsed.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

since i stopped fencing, i do very little. Play footy once a week (for 45 mins) but i try and run my balls off, to get a good work out. Fairly busy and always moving at work.
    need to get my weights from dad's house and start using them again. got no space in my house tho. GF goes running so might start going with her.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Now that some half decent weather has arrived I'll be getting of my arse a bit more, last summer was about 30 miles cycling a week, so hopefully I'll be able to get back up to that level fairly quick, gonna cut down on the beer as well as most of my time is spent sitting on my arse in the office. I Might start cycling to work too, but it all depends on them getting a shower installed, as its 8 and a half miles each way, up some bastard big hills
    Drinkin' beer in the hot sun
    I fought the law and I won

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryRises View Post
    Now that some half decent weather has arrived I'll be getting of my arse a bit more, last summer was about 30 miles cycling a week, so hopefully I'll be able to get back up to that level fairly quick, gonna cut down on the beer as well as most of my time is spent sitting on my arse in the office. I Might start cycling to work too, but it all depends on them getting a shower installed, as its 8 and a half miles each way, up some bastard big hills

Thats a long way mercury!

although thinking of biking to work, my work is roughly 3 mile away its a good idea for in the summer although i work nights

Thanks
    Karma Level

3 days a week in the gym for about 50 minutes a time, purely weights. walk to and from college most days about 20 minutes each way.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Some interesting stats, over 2/3 of members who have responded do some exercise which is more than I thought it would be.

I do 30-45 minutes cardio 5 times a week in a '2 days on - 1 day off' routine. It's not easy motivating myself some days and I do have weeks where I will only manage 2-3 days. Although I've recently sorted my pre & post workout fuelling and now I seem to have far more energy. I generally eat very few carbs and the carbs I do eat usually come from beans and pulses and I work out in the mornings before I start work which means I was getting up and trying to exercise with no fuel inside me.

But a few weeks ago I devised a pre and post workout meal which consists of a health smoothie made from mineral water, 40g of green super foods (spirulina, chlorella, kamut wheatgrass, barley grass, Udo's Choice Beyond Greens & another green food blend), 1 tablespoon of flax seeds, 1 tablespoon of bee pollen granules, 4g of camu camu powder (excellent wild crafted vitamin C), 6g of high quality collagen, 2g of lecithin and 3-4 tablespoons of Udo's choice ultimate oil blend (a good quality omega 3, 6 & 9 oil blend). I make up a 500ml shake and drink half along with some supplements (L-Carnitine, Lipoic Acid & Astaxanthin) about 30 minutes before starting. Then after the workout I add 1 tablespoon of psyllium husk and top up with water and finish it off.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I walk to the car if that counts? up and down stairs? ok I don't do any yeah I have a gut but Im happy, I havnt increased in weight at all for years but I have lost a bit if it keeps droppping I will be happier but Im not bothered if I stay this way for ever. The best thing I did was stop eating mcdonalds since then I have lost the weight.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

I do a very basic alternating push/pull weights routine on monday, wednesday, friday, and run flat out - or as fast as I can for 20 mins on tues, thurs, & saturdays... sundays off.

I've Been doing this since January after 3 months of all exercise and a shitty diet and I lost roughly 1 stone but just hovered around 11 1/2 stone for a month or so but since I took the time (which was very little) working out my intake which is 60% carbohydrate, 24% fat, 16% protien I'm literally losing weight daily but looking leaner... I feel really good too.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    Thats a long way mercury!

although thinking of biking to work, my work is roughly 3 mile away its a good idea for in the summer although i work nights
    it's not that far distance wise, I did about 7 or 8 miles in an hour and a bit tonight after work, and that was offroad which is a bit tougher (plus my bike is covered in horse shit) the only problem with cycling to work is i'd need either a specific road bike, or slick tyres for mine (which means new rims and rotors for the disk brakes, although I could switch tyres every time I go offroad)

Plus it's 8.5 miles along the A25 which is frequently fucking mobbed, and even a really good helmet and pads are no match at all for a bus\car\school run 4x4 and I'm not sure I fancy getting creamed first thing in the morning
    Drinkin' beer in the hot sun

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I usually jerk the gerkin 5 - 8 times a day , its a great way of working the upper body especially the right arm, my right side of my body is ripped to fuck like a bodybuilder where as my left side resembles roy chubby brown or perhaps russel grant.

Failing that im a bit like little john I do the stairs numerous times per day and actually walk to the post box on the corner sometimes after a few lucozades.

Thanks
    Karma Level

sweet fuck all, but i have always been excessively lazy, and that was before i developed a taste for the happy (but lazy) herb.

I'll do some when i've finished uni, maybe.

By the way mercuryrises, that Seneca quote in you signiture is brilliant.
    Cause one can make a difference, Ten can make a change, One Hundred can make things get better round your lanes, One Thousand a new start, Ten thousand a revolution, One million we'll finally be close to the solution.

Thanks
    Karma Level

before my injury I was doing 3-4 times /week. This was purely weight training (and have nowt to show really) and i've not changed much. This is essentially down to a poor diet, not overly poor but enough to have side effects on my training. I've been out of training for around 6 weeks and its crap. I'm rearing to go back after I get my back sorted .

I'm gonna have to get a strict diet for myself and stick to it shortly

Thanks
    Karma Level

2001 - football

Thanks
    Karma Level

For the past 3 months, around 5-6 times a week.
    Generally go to the gym 4/5 times (weights and CV), and play football twice a week.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

Certainly not enough. And I'm meant to be going running at 7.45 in the morning, which is only 6.5 hours away. Oops.

And who said they exercise every day? You really need to take a day off to a) get a life, and b) let your body recover.

Thanks
    Karma Level

football 3-4 times a week

Gog
    :kissass

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

voted 3-4 times a week ,just bought a electric treadmill
    I STINK GET OVER IT !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Once about three or four years ago

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

On my Bike every Sunday morning usually about 15-20 miles, Wednesday nights too when it gets lighter, I also play 5 a side on a Monday lunchtime against the Students for 30 mins then for an hour on a Tuesday lunchtime...I then recover for the rest of the week!
    We often go walking as well on either a Saturday or a Sunday usually around the 5 miles mark....

Thanks
    Karma Level

I gym it 3 times a week. I always go in the mornings (6:45 to 8:00) and find that its the best possible start to the day. Routine is 30 mins stepper/treadmill/cross trainer and then 45 mins of low weights (I prefer the toned as opposed to bulked up look).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast