Close

Thread: Hong Kong bound

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Hong Kong bound

Leaving tonight and I'm drooling at the thought of all those gadgets and electronic loveliness. Going to pick up a PS3, radio controlled heli, camera lens, PSP accesories, memory cards and a few naughty watches

Anything to declare sir?
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Hong Kong bound

Have a good trip pal. Don't get a fake watch, you won't feel right wearing it. That said I sold a few fake Rados on Ebay and made a tidy profit.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roach-Rampino View Post
    I sold a few fake Rados on Ebay and made a tidy profit.
    I was thinking about getting some when I was out in Thailand, is it ok to sell them on ebay then? Did you put they were fakes. I got one for myself last year and it's still going strong. The straps are dreadful though.

Have a good trip GTI

Thanks
    Karma Level

Have a good trip pal. Don't get a fake watch, you won't feel right wearing it. That said I sold a few fake Rados on Ebay and made a tidy profit.
    Roach, from what I've heard and read there are many classifications of replica. Some A1 replica Omegas for example have genuine ETA Swiss Movements and many of the parts e.g. crystal are genuine. You actually pick them up from Jewellers as opposed to barrow boys and the prices are on average between a quarter to half the price of an original, so not cheap by replica standards.

LOL at Ebay, its amazing the prices people pay for replicas on Ebay... sellers go for the usual line about "I have no papers of authenticity so please bid accordingly" and the silly fools do, I've seen a hokey 100 ringgit (£15) Panerai go for £250
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

When I sold mine on Ebay I put "I cannot guarantee their authenticity"

Geez, I was bought the Rados by my mom and pop when they came back from Thailand one year. I know all the gumpf about the copies using the same parts etc and companies like this http://www.globalreplica.com/ that provide the "best replicas using the same parts" but still felt a fraud wearing one.

I own a genuine Rolex, albeit an "entry level" one as my cousin called it (he wears a £13k gold Submariner, mines a £2k Air King) and you can't help but feel better by wearing the genuine article. Personally I would rather wear a legitimate £50 watch than a £20 fake.

Anyway this is all pissing on your chips a bit old son, so bon voyage and have a great time!

Thanks
    Karma Level

When I sold mine on Ebay I put "I cannot guarantee their authenticity"

Geez, I was bought the Rados by my mom and pop when they came back from Thailand one year. I know all the gumpf about the copies using the same parts etc and companies like this http://www.globalreplica.com/ that provide the "best replicas using the same parts" but still felt a fraud wearing one.

I own a genuine Rolex, albeit an "entry level" one as my cousin called it (he wears a £13k gold Submariner, mines a £2k Air King) and you can't help but feel better by wearing the genuine article. Personally I would rather wear a legitimate £50 watch than a £20 fake.

Anyway this is all pissing on your chips a bit old son, so bon voyage and have a great time!
    Cheers matey, but still waiting for tips on what to tell customs back in ole blighty
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just got back from HK, what a great place :thumbup
    The food, nightlife, public transport etc.. were all first class and the airline, Oasis HK Airlines more than exceeded my expectations. It amazes me that they can charge £75 each way and still make any money on a 12hr flight with two meals, in-seat entertainment etc.. it certainly puts Cathay Pacific and BA to shame.

The only downer of the trip was the fact that shopping was extremely expensive and HK police have cracked down really hard on replicas and piracy... bastards . So on the Saturday we took a train (25 mins) to the border with China and then crossed into Shenzhen. That turned out to be a shopping mecca for replica fashion, watches etc.. I physically had to restrain my missus from buying any more replica handbags for fearing of being arrested back at Gatwick she got Chloe, Dior, Marc Jacobs and Chanel handbags and all of them A1 quality replicas, virtually indistinguishable from the originals.

I think I still prefer Malaysia and Singapore as Far East destinations but for a cheap getaway (Oasis + hotel in the New territories) you can't beat Hong Kong.
    -Benjamin Franklin