Close

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Update N95 (or any Nokia) To Unbranded Firmware Without using Pheonix !

Ta Rap,

Made my worldsim work aswell

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Update N95 (or any Nokia) To Unbranded Firmware Without using Pheonix !

cant get this to work with vista ? do i need to install a usb driver it works on a virtue pc(xp) well sort of it wont see the phone but i get the icons on at the top dont get this with vista

Thanks
    Karma Level

just like to say thanks, i now have an N70 music edition

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fingers crossed, Wrote the new product code and it's just download the new firmware with NSS. 26MB of 113mb, taking it's time.

Hope it works, what am I likley to loose, contacts ? personal settings, themes ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Jesus this is scary, it's downloaded the new firmware now its just "updating software" been doing that for around 5 /7 mins now.

Shitting it....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Shit, knew something would go wrong. It seemed to complete then asked me to do a recovery, I pressed cancel, and it said " update cancelled "

And rebooted the phone and its not updated.

What did I do wrong ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Argh! HELP! I'm trying to install NSU and it says Microsoft Visual C 2005 redistributable failed do you wish to continue?
    If I click yes, when I start the programme it says "cannot connect to NOL server".

I'm using vista ultimate x64 and no firewall....

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Update N95 (or any Nokia) To Unbranded Firmware Without using Pheonix ! - 20/10/0

I think it has worked but I've still got the o2 uk on the screen although everything else has gone and i don't get the o2 start up crap. Is this normal
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Update N95 (or any Nokia) To Unbranded Firmware Without using Pheonix ! - 20/10/0

Hi guys,

I'm having a fuck of a job with this. I updated my firware all ok. I had an O2 branded N95 with v10 firmware. I updated this to v11 and everything was dandy.

I then thought I'd try un-branding and getting the v12 on my handset. I followed the above guide and everything went spot on

I did use another product code mind, as DF was down I could not get to this thread, so I looked on all about Symbian and used this code: 0534841 EURO1 - Sand it all worked ok and the phone is now all unbranded and running V12 fine.

Problem is, my MMS & GPRS all worked when it was O2, now they wont work. I've used the settings wizard on the phone and also sent them from the O2 website and Nokia, they install but just don't seem to work.

My original code was: 0548021, if I change back to this, and try to upgrade it tells me that I already have the most up to date firmware.

It's doing my nut

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

hey mate.

is it showing O2 next to your clock?

this is just to show what network you are on etc.

Matieboy

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

DJAD.

if you are with O2 just get intouch wih O2 via website and have the settings sent to you by text for mms and gprs.

Matieboy

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi

I've successfully upgraded my firmware to the latest version, but now my pc suite is unable to detect the n95 after installing NSS.

When I connect the usb cable to the device, it doesn't prompt for pc suite, data transfer etc...even though the USB mode is: PC Suite and Ask on connection is set to YES.

Any help please?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ahh.. got it working, just had to turn off and on the n95

Thanks
    Karma Level

anyone got the product code for a unbranded 6280 ?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers for this upgraded my N95 no probs!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi

can you just confirm that unbranding the firmware affects the warrenty?

If so, can I revert back to the original branded firmware?

Termy

Flashing the handset via the Nokia updater doesnt affect the warranty, but if you alter the product code and debrand it then it will invallidate the warranty.

And yes you possibly could revert it back by changing the product code back to its original branded code. The only problem that I could see doing this is that I am not too sure the Nokia updater will downgrade a handset to the earlier firmware if there are no branded updates available.

But in theory you can do it, or if there are any problems then you can explain what you need doing to a reputable phone shop and they should have the equipment to get this sorted.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Termy

How would I find out my original branded code. Should I have made a note of this before I debranded if so ..........oops!
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by nav View Post
    Hi

can you just confirm that unbranding the firmware affects the warrenty?

If so, can I revert back to the original branded firmware?
    If it not an offical firmware upgrade from say, Orange, then I would think yes it would affect the warranty.

Downgrading as far as I can tell is not a possibility.

If you are unsure of what you are doing or want to keep the warranty intact, this kind of thing is not for you.
    360 Gamertag: crazyai
    PSN Gamertag: psxgalaxy
    IM me at pushme.to

Thanks
    Karma Level

Do I have to unbrand my firmware for n95 in order to install Garmin?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast