Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 Are 360 hackers lazy arses?

A bit of a controversial subject, but it strikes me that the 360 hacking talent has gone straight out the window? Every realise seems to be just a straight DVD dump which even computer techie could do!

18 months on from the 360 release and no-one has figured out how to make the XBLA titles working on the 360!

Yes there was some excellent work on the DVD firmware... but come on, I can't believe MS has got everybody beat on this subject? (although I should hold my hands up and admit I wouldn't know where to begin!)

If it is so difficult then it makes me wonder if the next gen consoles will be "must have a online connection to activate all games" ???????

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Are 360 hackers lazy arses?

I dont really understand your point. Are you saying you want XBLA games for free? If so there was a Live Arcade collection, some were demos, some were the full game. Are you really that bothered about XBLA games? Is it really worth the hassle when they are only a couple of quid to buy??

I think quite the opposite. 18months on from release and some very clever people have made firmware for all the drives.

Bloody good job imo.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MsDG View Post
    18 months on from the 360 release and no-one has figured out how to make the XBLA titles working on the 360!

Maybe because most of them are shite

Thanks
    Karma Level

nobody has worked it out becasue nobody is trying, simple as that, id rather they worked on a true hack to allow homebrew than fanny about with XBLA rubbish.

The way the curent hacks work has removed any financial motivation for any of the major hackers to be interested now, who wants to pay 50 - 60 quid to have their machine chipped when they can play copies on a flashed machine they can do themselves for free. Theres also the fact that returning a machine to M$ would be very different if there was solder on the board. I dont thik the 360 will ever be hacked further than it is now, which is a shame due to all the power that could be used as a HD media player.
    Last edited by {{909}}; 27th April 2007 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i know a lot of people who get them free via credit card number generators on other accounts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes I want XBLA games for free (without nicking credit card numbers). I work out the game prices to start at about £3.50 each.... to be honest, most of them are along the lines of a PC flash game and are not worth the money! Anyway, since when did DF members start suggesting buying games over downloading? I

Yes there was an XBLA DVD (but to be honest only GEOwars was any good). However, this does prove that it is theoretically possible to put these games on DVD and not need an live connection

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think they may need live to authenticate when you play them, reason I say this is when my 1st 360 went tits up I took it back to get swapped over. I kept my HD with all the full arcade games as I didn't want to loose these.

On booting up the new 360 with my original HD, all the games appeared as trial games and I could only play as trials. Soon as I connected to LIVE they all changed to full versions. Even now, they still show as trials and not the full games. Pain up the ass.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJAd View Post
    Even now, they still show as trials and not the full games. Pain up the ass.
    Exactly the same as me mate - it`s to do with the HD and 360 being married to each other via serial numbers or whatever - once you do change due to faulty hardware the only way to reg is to go online.

It sucks more ass than a queer with a poo fetish.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

that's weird cos i pop my hd in my other 2 360's and the xbla games work fine offline

gettin back on topic though...I don't think the hackers are lazy they just lack motivation. There's just not enough profit for em in the 360. Everyone goes on about all the homebew stuff but at the end of the day all we really want is to play the games for free, the rest is just a bonus that most peeps aren't bothered about. Plus we have everything we want anyway, an xbox with xbmc and a 360 with wmv and streamed .ts together does it all
    You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be all right!