Thanks
    Karma Level

News AC Milan Vs Liverpool FC Champions League Final

Good look to the pool!!
    Thoughts?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: AC Milan Vs Liverpool FC Champions League Final

We are a better team (by a long way) now than we were in '05. Milan are pretty much the same.
    I am confident that we can actually fucking go and win this for a SIXTH time.

COME ON THE REDS!!!
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

Liverpool much better? Not so sure about that - you're still a long, long way from the top of the league. Trouble I think for you guys is - after seeing the way they played against us - is that Kaka and Gattuso have both hit top form. Gattuso almost single handedly over BOTH matches prevented our entire midfield from playing (had he not gone off in the first leg we would have lost that too), and our midfield is a hell of a lot better than yours (I'm including wingers here).

And sorry, but there's not a single cell in my body can wish you guys luck in this

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    Liverpool much better? Not so sure about that - you're still a long, long way from the top of the league. Trouble I think for you guys is - after seeing the way they played against us - is that Kaka and Gattuso have both hit top form. Gattuso almost single handedly over BOTH matches prevented our entire midfield from playing (had he not gone off in the first leg we would have lost that too), and our midfield is a hell of a lot better than yours (I'm including wingers here).

And sorry, but there's not a single cell in my body can wish you guys luck in this
    I would not want it. So no need to apologise.

Mascarano was as good last night as Gattuso was for Milan tonight and in the first leg. Gerrard can easily be as influential as Kaka. Our defence is pretty solid, and we will be well rested, where Milan's season runs past the final. Plenty of time for injuries and/or a loss of form.
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:

Thanks
    Karma Level

I fancy Milan to do us to be honest. They were simply excellent tonight. Sharp on the ball, constantly looking dangerous. Money has got to be on them, however much I want Liverpool to win. It is a final though and alot can happen in one match, its one of those situations where pretty much anything can happen. Perhaps Milan will play like Man U did tonight and we stuff them? I doubt it, but I can wish.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Too close to call, as you'd expect in the final. LFC defintely have the psycological edge over Milan for obvious reasons. My main fear is that we don't have Didi to save us this time round.
    P.S. Glad to see Didi pitchside before the game yesterday.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Dont mean to rub salt in the wound m8 but being top of the league has little bearing on how far a team can go in this comp as was brutally proved this evening and last night.We are a better side now than 2005 ( obviously when you look at some of the shite Benitez has off loaded ) , but i agree Milan are a class act and it will be difficult but stranger things have happened
    Last edited by showbiz-legend; 3rd May 2007 at 12:49 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

and our midfield is a hell of a lot better than yours (I'm including wingers here).

Only 1 midfielder I would have from Man Utd, maybe 2 if 1 was a little younger.

Think it will be a lot closer this time around, Liverpool players - been their done that, so will have more confidence.

Like said in other posts Gattuso and Kakka need to be contained. Don't know about anybody else but I thought Seedorf looked really good last night. (might have been because Man Utd looked totally shite).

Really wish Ken and Deidrie were getting married again, lol
    Last edited by LFC Muppet; 3rd May 2007 at 09:05 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think Milan had the game of their season last night and are unlikely to perform like that again in the final. Look at the difference in Uniteds games against Roma then AC. We will beat them and match their 6 times winners status.

Thanks
    Karma Level

And we've got one huge bonus to us this time around. We haven't got Traore in our squad

Although we don't have Vladamir "Big Game Player" Smicer to rescue us this time

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, I'm as bitter as ever (I have avoided Liverpool vs Chelsea thread like the plague!), but I can see Milan being more than ready for Liverpool this time round and not making the same mistakes again.

Milan FTW.
    If you can smell it, it's in your mouth.
    Click

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am hoping we win on the 23rd May in Athens - I believe we can go on and win it again but think it will be tough again.

People sometimes forget who we have beat to get to the final this year

Barcleona - Winners Last Yr
    PSV - Winners Against Arsenal
    Chelsea - 200m Team

We have a excellent back four that cant do anything wrong in the champions league!!!

Cmon you reds!!!!!!
    6th Time Champs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just read on the Liverpool site in the Interview with George Gillett, that UEFA have taken 20,000 tickets for themselves in the final. Absolute cunts

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CominAtcha View Post
    Well, I'm as bitter as ever (I have avoided Liverpool vs Chelsea thread like the plague!), but I can see Milan being more than ready for Liverpool this time round and not making the same mistakes again.

Milan FTW.
    but dont you think that liverpool will have learned lessons from that match as well and we will be ready this time so that we dont find ourselves in the same position as we were first half in 2005

Thanks
    Karma Level

as you keep quoting position in the league that proves we are a better team than last time,we are in third position now and gauranteed entry into next years comp whereas 2005 we didnt even finish in the top four,as far as your midfield being better than ours i disagree the only player out of your midfield i would have is ronaldo,make no mistake they will be worried about the likes of gerrard as well, i think gattuso will be to busy trying to mark gerrard while mascherano will try to shackle kaka,i think this game will be a lot tighter than 2005

Thanks
    Karma Level

So you'd rather have Zenden than Giggs? Or Alonso more than Scholes? Let me guess, you guys would rather have Bellamy than Rooney too?

Getting rid of crap and bringing crap in doesn't make you any better than you were a couple of years ago. The list of crap players Benitez has bought is long - Bellamy, Fowler, Crouch, Pennant are the ones I can think of off my head, and whilst you scousers seem to think Agger is the next coming of Hansen, . Assuming you win your last two games yes, you are 15 points better than you were in 2005. And 9 points worse than you were last season. You also went out of the FA Cup at the first stage this year. Now there is no denying that your performance in the CL has been far more impressive than ours, but seriously, again, its a knockout competition, and we all know that with a knockout competition there is a huge element of luck (some of which you make yourself of course).

Congratulate yourselves on a fantastic achievement and a series of brilliant and comprehensive wins in Europe, but don't try and convince yourselves you are the best footballing team in Europe, because if you can't win the league you're in, which you haven't for 17 years, then how can you be the best in Europe?

Oh, and by the way, you haven't won anything YET this season, so don't get too excited. Gerrard is a fantastic player but Gattuso is the best tackling midfielder in the World at the moment, and Kaka is the best attacking midfielder in the World at the moment. If they play at their best they will tear you apart, just like they did in 2005 until, by complete accident, Benitez was forced to change his formation at half time. Tactical genius? No, pure fucking luck, and if you are honest with yourselves you will admit to that, in the same way that United fans will admit scoring two in the last minute was luck.

Delusion is a wonderful thing, and god knows I suffer from it as much as anyone (Ronaldo was the best player in the world IMO until I saw Kaka and Gattuso in the last two matches, but now I know different). But lets get real.

Thanks
    Karma Level

and whilst you scousers seem to think Agger is the next coming of Hansen.
    We all know it's been foretold by the great prophets that the next Hansen falls over in his own box to gift a goal to the opposition in a champions league semi-final so who knows who that will be.

a knockout competition, and we all know that with a knockout competition there is a huge element of luck (some of which you make yourself of course).
    I wondered how long it would be until luck came up.Just accept since Benitez came we've been a force in europe...end of.

Congratulate yourselves on a fantastic achievement and a series of brilliant and comprehensive wins in Europe, but don't try and convince yourselves you are the best footballing team in Europe, because if you can't win the league you're in, which you haven't for 17 years, then how can you be the best in Europe? .
    2 finals in 3 years when was the last time united achieved that?fair enough Our squad may not be best suited to the prem whereas yours is but we obviously are one of the best equiped teams in europe as we can adapt (not the best footballing side of course,but we knocked them out earlier) as our recent record shows.

if you can't win the league you're in, which you haven't for 17 years, then how can you be the best in Europe? .
    Another point is in another thread you claimed the premiership was the best league in the world.Man united are champions elect and you got mauled by an italian team that isn't going to win their league....explain....or are you simply saying Man utd must be the best team in Europe because they'll win the best league?( which is bollocks as was shown last night)

Delusion is a wonderful thing, and god knows I suffer from it as much as anyone (Ronaldo was the best player in the world IMO until I saw Kaka and Gattuso in the last two matches, but now I know different). But lets get real.
    This sums up your fluency in bollocks and fickleness for me...Ronaldo has a great season for united you watch him week in and out and rate him over the season yet you see a couple of players have a better game than him and suddenly you hold them in higher esteem.

It all comes down to the fact that your better in the domestic league than us but we're better in Europe.I can't see how there is an arguement there.
    Last edited by B.I.G.; 4th May 2007 at 12:35 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So you'd rather have Zenden than Giggs? Or Alonso more than Scholes? Let me guess, you guys would rather have Bellamy than Rooney too?

Getting rid of crap and bringing crap in doesn't make you any better than you were a couple of years ago. The list of crap players Benitez has bought is long - Bellamy, Fowler, Crouch, Pennant are the ones I can think of off my head, and whilst you scousers seem to think Agger is the next coming of Hansen, . Assuming you win your last two games yes, you are 15 points better than you were in 2005. And 9 points worse than you were last season. You also went out of the FA Cup at the first stage this year. Now there is no denying that your performance in the CL has been far more impressive than ours, but seriously, again, its a knockout competition, and we all know that with a knockout competition there is a huge element of luck (some of which you make yourself of course).

Congratulate yourselves on a fantastic achievement and a series of brilliant and comprehensive wins in Europe, but don't try and convince yourselves you are the best footballing team in Europe, because if you can't win the league you're in, which you haven't for 17 years, then how can you be the best in Europe?

Oh, and by the way, you haven't won anything YET this season, so don't get too excited. Gerrard is a fantastic player but Gattuso is the best tackling midfielder in the World at the moment, and Kaka is the best attacking midfielder in the World at the moment. If they play at their best they will tear you apart, just like they did in 2005 until, by complete accident, Benitez was forced to change his formation at half time. Tactical genius? No, pure fucking luck, and if you are honest with yourselves you will admit to that, in the same way that United fans will admit scoring two in the last minute was luck.

Now thats what i call bitter!! I wondered when your facade of being an honest manc would crack. No-one has mentioned liverpool being the best team in europe apart from you , fact is we made it to the final and thats the way it is. As for your midfield, to be fair giggs has been shite for years up until this season which he will see as his swan song really, carrick is decent but nothing more , that leaves ronaldo who is class and scholes who is on top of his game also. Obviously you need luck to win any cup competition but you cant be lucky in every round that you win I can understand your bitter standpoint after seeing united come so close again but its tough shite, your out and thats that. Your still playing for the double which is what amazes me,so stop praying for liverpool to win nothing every year and just enjoy your own teams success.
    Last edited by showbiz-legend; 4th May 2007 at 01:47 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

As for Benitez changing his team at half time in Istanbul, isn't that what you were moaning that fergie should have done in milan? If he had and you were through i take it you would be calling him a lucky man as well ( or would he be a managerial marvel.... hhmmmmnnnnnnnn )

Thanks
    Karma Level

No.

Getting rid of crap and bringing crap in doesn't make you any better than you were a couple of years ago. The list of crap players Benitez has bought is long - Bellamy, Fowler, Crouch, Pennant are the ones I can think of off my head, and whilst you scousers seem to think Agger is the next coming of Hansen, .
    Pennant gave Englands left back a torrid time, and if you actually took the time to watch our games properly, then you would know he has been class the last few months. I find the fact that Crouch is on that list amusing, since we have purchased him he is now an England international, and believe he has scored more in his limited starts than your boy Rooney.
    Agger will in the next couple of seasons be one of the best in the business. Glad we got him over Vidic, younger, cheaper.

Assuming you win your last two games yes, you are 15 points better than you were in 2005. And 9 points worse than you were last season. You also went out of the FA Cup at the first stage this year. Now there is no denying that your performance in the CL has been far more impressive than ours, but seriously, again, its a knockout competition, and we all know that with a knockout competition there is a huge element of luck (some of which you make yourself of course).
    Bit of waffle here, like you say, you make your own luck.

Who has said that?

Like I have said before, Mascerano was every bit as good as Gattuso the other night. Gerrard is as infulential as Kaka. I do not rate either Inzaghi or Gillardino. I can not see them being a team who will be difficult to beat.
    I mean, you beat them, and apart from Kaka, they did not look that great on either occasion. You made them look good.

Lets get real. Liverpool are one game away from winning the European cup. We have no vital games, so we can rest our players. Milan have at least 4 more games this season, we have 2. It is on a Neutral ground, we have been very strong away from home all season. Milan are pretty much the same team as 05 we are a better team than we were.

Don't worry mate, we will bring it home for England.

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast