Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hydroxycut

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Hydroxycut

... what's the verdict? it's been 4 weeks :)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I guess I expected a bit more than this but I haven't been dieting down properly so there you go.

I have noticeably lost fat (so got much better definition) around my arms, shoulders, back and chest. I have no fat on my legs anyway so nothing to lose there. Just above my belly has slimmed down and I am just starting to see the outline (vaguely) of my stomach muscles...not a six pack by any stretch of the imagination.

My cardio has been half hearted as I am working 12-13hour days at the moment, and whilst I am still training with weights a minimum of 4 times a week, I could do with doing 60 mins low intensity cardio a day minimum. My situation at work should change soon as we are taking on another person in our office, so I really should get a bit more time to devote to my training.

I never expected miracles from these tablets and I guess it proves that whatever you take, it needs to be couple with good diet and intense training to see drastic results.

With regard to side effects I have experienced none. I never take my last 2 capsules of the day later than 5 hours before I go to bed (as per the instructions) and I drink AT LEAST 2.5litres of water per day. I think the main prob peeps have is dehydration (light headed, headaches, nausea etc.) with these so a high water intake seems to keep it at bay. @mike:there has been no dick shrinkage or loss of libido.

I am going to punt on for another 4 weeks and then give it a rest. Sorry if you aren't reading the miracle results you would have liked, I wish I could be writing about them but I'm not going to lie to you. Yes, I have lost a noticeable amount of weight but I won't be going in for any competitions just yet.

I'll get my missus to take some pics of me tonight and post them up, then some more in 4 weeks and you can see what the difference is.
    Last edited by Roach-Rampino; 6th June 2007 at 08:03 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Stick with it mate. Any improvements are improvements nonetheless.

Im right royally p1ssed off. I have had to stop training already (only got about 6 weeks this time) due to the same old problem with my neck that has stopped me training on at least 6 different occassions in the past 20 years.

I even went to see the doctor this time to see if there was anything could be done to resolve the underlying neck problem I have prior to starting but he was going on about neurosurgery and lost me / put me off.

There will be no next time for me unfortunately im too old for it.

Good Luck with the next 4 weeks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I know you expected a bit more but do you still feel happy with the results far?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by super mike View Post
    I know you expected a bit more but do you still feel happy with the results far?
    Mate, I can see some results and am not overly happy really. Don't think that I'm obsessive but I always feel there's room for improvement.

Thanks
    Karma Level

there's no harm in trying though I always say, if it worked then hey bonus! ..and if not then what have you lost?...

I used CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) for a short time a few months ago, well a month @ 3000mg per day. It's supposed to aid fat loss and help build lean mass at the same time, it has been scientifically proven to do so.

To be honest I never noticed any differences. I was gaining weight and loosing body fat, but that was what my routine/diet was designed to do....

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

So here's some pics, apologies for they are pretty poor quality as my missus was at the gym and so I took them myself on my cellphone. I have tried to get a side shot so you can see my belly.

Excuse the gloves but I was training back and arms tonight, so I am wearing my wrist support gloves (or is this a big lie and I was taking advantage of a wank window as the missus was out ).

Let the piss taking comments commence...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Roach-Rampino; 7th June 2007 at 08:16 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Enough already! The Village People disbanded years ago, you've missed your chance! The cute gloves were a nice touch though

Thanks
    Karma Level

What do the scales say mate?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by super mike View Post
    What do the scales say mate?
    14 stone 5lbs I was about 14st 10lbs when I started but I am trying to keep the protein intake high and maintain muscle mass.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i like the pair of socks stuffed down the front of your shorts touch

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by wiggi28 View Post
    i like the pair of socks stuffed down the front of your shorts touch
    Lol, like I said I'd taken adavantage of a wank window and my cock was mummified in bog roll to catch any post wank seepage whilst straining with the weights

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Some serious leg work is needed mate looking at those calves!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roach-Rampino View Post
    Lol, like I said I'd taken adavantage of a wank window and my cock was mummified in bog roll to catch any post wank seepage whilst straining with the weights
    oh dear,you really have got issues !

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb View Post
    Some serious leg work is needed mate looking at those calves!
    I neglected legs for years mate, I started going to the gym when I was 17 and have been going off and on ever since. Only the past 2-3 years have I really built legs into my workouts, more so than ever the last 12 months. I can squat respectable weights (between 100-120kgs) and have very strong quads, hamstrings and believe it or not calves. I never go more than 10-14 days without training legs.

Unfortunately (and I don't know how much you know about training) but gaining bulk on your legs is a very hard thing to do, in fact gaining bulk anywhere requires a massive amount of dedication, time and effort. Everyone is different and yes I do have skinny legs but it doesn't bother me as they are very strong.

Maybe if I had always trained them by now (15 years on) they would have been bigger, who knows?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I havent trained seriously for about 10 years, and you dont need to tell me about leg work I hated every second of it!!

Mine look like 2 sticks of celery sticking out of the bottom of a carrier bag!

It was the only thing I could see in the piccys to take the piss out of!

I wont post mine as the beer belly would just detract from everything else!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I havent trained seriously for about 10 years, and you dont need to tell me about leg work I hated every second of it!!

Mine look like 2 sticks of celery sticking out of the bottom of a carrier bag!

It was the only thing I could see in the piccys to take the piss out of!

I wont post mine as the beer belly would just detract from everything else!
    Oh no worries, I knew some peeps wouldn't be able to help themselves

I wanted to post the pics only as I felt it necessary to put my money where my mouth is so to speak. I offer out all this advice but I could very well be a 5'5" 9 stone weakling tapping away at the keyboard

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

RR noticed you are taking that Chinese Tea....you suffereing with bad stomach cramps with it?

I couldnt get on with it at all. I have about 6 boxes left if you want a new supply cheap mate?
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

RR noticed you are taking that Chinese Tea....you suffereing with bad stomach cramps with it?

I couldnt get on with it at all. I have about 6 boxes left if you want a new supply cheap mate?
    Well tbh mate it has made me very loose and regular but no cramps at all. If you don't want it I will take it off your hands...how much do you want for 6 boxes?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Actually I had 8 and have used about 10 bags out of one of them.

I paid £13 for them call it a tenner and they are yours!
    Karl Pilkington

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast