Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

PS3 Can Pro Evolution Soccer 7 be better on PS3?

"Insider" claims so, but what would make the difference?

There's a huge quality gap between the newest Winning Eleven prototype (eventually Pro Evolution Soccer 7) running on PlayStation 3 and the version on Xbox 360, according to a Konami "insider".

The Eastern deep-throat has made the claim on his blog, handily deciphered by forumites, reckoning that the PS3 version is 'three times better' than the 360 counterpart. But how exactly could this be possible? Surely both machines possess almost exactly the same techno-muscle?

Actually, it's not all about the size of your chips - here's how Pro Evolution Soccer 7 could conceivably reach that triple-tastic improvement between the consoles.

1 Konami knows PlayStation3 inside-out

Aside from Sony itself, Konami is one of the best developers to tackle a PS3 title. The PES dev team has been working intimately with Sony for ages, while the MGS4 team has already been elbow-deep in PS3's giga-guts for more than two years now. If anyone can uncover previously unheard of strength from Sony's console, it's Konami.
    2 The PS3 pad will always be better

PlayStation 2's pad was, and still is, probably the best joypad ever conceived. And PES employed its wonderfully responsive D-pad perfectly, to the point where D-pad users will find PES on 360 feels very weird. Unless Microsoft unveil a new, better D-pad for its controller, we're always going to prefer playing with the SixAxis, and PS3's version will always 'feel' better. Probably about three times better, in fact.
    3 Blu-ray can hold more gumph than DVD

And by 'gumph' we mean things like team data and animations. We can believe that Pro Evolution Soccer on PS3 might include a whole raft of extra teams, perhaps for lesser-known leagues like Argentina, or have a much deeper animation scale - especially since you can always install PS3 games on the hard drive, too. It might just be the extras we're talking about, but that's what PES is all about.
    Source : http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/gam...11164343187063

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Can Pro Evolution Soccer 7 be better on PS3?

Are these numpties basing their findings on the NEW PES7 against the 360's PES6 ??

If so i would imagine it would be better?
    SUNDERLAND AFC - THE NORTH EASTS ONLY PREMIERSHIP TEAM

Thanks
    Karma Level

I bet they are identical when they come out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    I bet they are identical when they come out.
    Aye, anyway who really gives a fuck! As long as it plays like the others it will be loved like the others.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DappaBastard View Post
    Are these numpties basing their findings on the NEW PES7 against the 360's PES6 ??

If so i would imagine it would be better?
    dont think so mate, i think hes comparing the PS3 version of PES7 with the 360 version of PES7, and is saying the PS3 version will be better for those reasons...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by HermaN View Post
    dont think so mate, i think hes comparing the PS3 version of PES7 with the 360 version of PES7, and is saying the PS3 version will be better for those reasons...
    Correct, he also states the ps3 is the only version capable of hitting 60fps, the graphics will also be better due to blu rays storage capacity, and the wii wont be getting an online mode.

Take it all with a pinch of salt, but it makes for interesting reading..just have to wait and see what happens when it finally gets released.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I know for a fact that PES7 has been developed for nearly 2 years for the PS3 and is currently the main focus for the next generation platforms. An improved engine built around the Cell and RSX has been created and the producer Seabass himself said that the game has reached a new height of realism and stuff such as advanced AI allow furious offside battles.

Also at EvoWeb and PESFAN people who have contacted Konami UK, Japan and their PR offices have said that some huge anouncements regarding the franchise will be anounced soon. (Maybe this week or next) Might just be PR talk but it is very exciting.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i have a 360 with pro and i will go out and buy a ps3 for pes7

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by kizroll View Post
    i have a 360 with pro and i will go out and buy a ps3 for pes7
    I too will be getting a PS3 when PES 7 comes out. The PS controllers are miles better than the 360 ones. PES6 is the game I play most on the 360 but I still hate the controller and don't feel that i'm fully in control for the full 90 mins.
    ©lubber Lang

CHAMP19NS

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think there are pros and cons of both controllers. There is no doubt that the shoulder buttons on the dualshock are better, but I personally prefer the position of the left analog stick, I find it a lot easier to use.

And as for you guys all going out to buy PS3's for PES7 - thats all well and good, but when you realise there are thousands more players on the 360 version I reckon you will all come running back.

Thanks
    Karma Level

all this speculation and we have seen nothing of the game. Lets wait and see the game first. I reckon it will only be any good if Playstation improve their live service personally. Graphics alone dont make good games at the moment the better games feature fantastic online experiences something that is definately lacking on sony's machine.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by crazyxboxman View Post
    I too will be getting a PS3 when PES 7 comes out. The PS controllers are miles better than the 360 ones. PES6 is the game I play most on the 360 but I still hate the controller and don't feel that i'm fully in control for the full 90 mins.

also the 360 version was a big cut down they both will b good just have 2 have it on ps3 like im sure most ppl will do. if no1 owns a 360 or ps3 they will buy 1 cos of this

Thanks
    Karma Level

Exactly the point SiE. PES as an offline experience is generally crap, its online where it matters. If the PS3 doesn't have the gaming audience for PES online then the players will come flocking to the PC or Xbox versions - esp. if those two groups can play together via windows live or whatever its called. If it was just about the gfx and sound then we'd all be playing FIFA before anything else, and I'm afraid I've lost a little faith in Seabass who seems to have gotten very complacent since PES4.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would say it will be better, for the control pad alone.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

def, none of my mates are in 2 the xbox 360, in all honestly the average joe person who owns a games console usally has a ps2, pro and GTA.. that it lol. know alot of people like that and wont even look in2 having a 360 even thoe they played mine and every game out still want 2 get a ps3 and pro. the online will b the same as the last 1 i hope so that kool, 2-4 player matches aswell that so good on the ps2. when u got a mate round 2 vs 2 online love beating the french lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rumour has it there will be two versions. Pro Evolution Soccer 7 for PS2, PSP, PC, Xbox 360 & Wii. And Pro Evolution Soccer 7 1st Team Edition for PS3 which has more features. This is according to a GAME manager.