Close

Thread: Trim Trail

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Trim Trail

There's nothing like a bit of hard cardio in the heat to make you realise how unfit your are. And last night was a rather rude awakening for me.

Me & a mate went and did the "Trim Trail" at a nearby Old Bill sports ground last night. Basically it is a whole set of exercise stations set up on a run through some hilly woods. It hasn't been used for a few years and so is a bit overgrown and a few of the stations are missing their equipment. Each of the station has a sign telling you what the exercise is and how many reps to do depending on degree of difficulty. So off we went..

Station 1: Logs jumps x 25, basically a 2 footed jump either side of a railway sleeper.

Jog to next station

Station 2: Inclined press-ups, feet on an upended log, 25 press ups.

Jog to next station

Station 3: Barbell curls, about 25kg including the bar (chained to the ground!) x 25 reps.

Jog to next station

Station 4: 4 benches at various inclines, went for the steepest, x 25 sit-ups

Jog to next station

Station 5: Burpees (basically a squat thrust then stand up) x 25 reps

Jog to next station

Station 6: Heaves, basically pull ups but the bar was missing so we had to skip this (not at all bothered as by this time I'm feeling it big time!)

Jog to next station

Station 7: Squat thrusts x 25, then upright row x 25 (with a log Arnie stylee) then straight into 25 x deep squats with the log across my shoulders (Jenny!)
    Spoiler:

Jog to next station

Station 8: Sprint to marker, a 30 foot uphill sprint to the marker then jog back down the hill to start point, turn and repeat x 7 times.

Jog to next station

Station 9: Reverse dips, feet on a log, hands on a low bar behind your bum, 40 dips.

Jog to next to next station

Station 10: Front raises with barbell, approx 20kgs (chained to the ground, potential to whap yourself in the nuts!) x 25 reps.

Jog to next and thankfully last station!

Station 11: Leg raises hanging from a scaffold bar, so lock your arms at 90 degress and lift your feet up and touch them over the top of the bar. 12 reps was all I could muster.

Then repeated the whole course but just doing the weight aspects so left out stations 1,5 and 8 but with the addition of 25 bent over rows at Station3. Was totally fucked by the end, dripping in sweat and a bastard headache too but it can only get easier.

Here's me when I finished...
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Roach-Rampino; 23rd May 2007 at 02:25 PM. Reason: typos

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Trim Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Roach-Rampino View Post

Station 7: Squat thrusts x 25, then upright row x 25 (with a log Arnie stylee) then straight into 25 x deep squats with the log across my shoulders (Jenny!)
    Spoiler:

Here's me when I finished...
    Spoiler:
    Both of those had me PMSL! hahaha.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I find cardio so exhausting. Weights i really like - but just the monotony and lack of being able to breathe means i don't do enough cardio. I am gonna knuckle down for my holiday though. Should sort out the love handles

Thanks
    Karma Level

By the way Roach - You said you used L-Glutamine. What does this actually do? I've got a few Mens Health Mags that say to put on weight - use Protein+creatine+L-Glutamine shakes. I know how the protein and creatine work - but what about the other bit?

Cheers

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Unconected View Post
    By the way Roach - You said you used L-Glutamine. What does this actually do? I've got a few Mens Health Mags that say to put on weight - use Protein+creatine+L-Glutamine shakes. I know how the protein and creatine work - but what about the other bit?

Cheers
    Well basically it is giving you natural levels of L-Glutamine a boost as it helps muscles to recover, post training.

Here's a good bit of info on it:

L-Glutamine Info

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sounds good mate. I have to say I prefer doing cardio when it's something like that rather than just running, cycling or rowing. A bit of variation makes all the difference and as you say makes you feel like you've achieved something at the end.
    "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sounds very exhausting.

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers Roach - that is good read