Claudio Ranieri insists he has not been contacted by Manchester City, despite a major bookmaker closing betting on him getting the vacant manager's job there.

William Hill made the decision on Wednesday following "a flurry of support" for the Italian.

But Ranieri told BBC Sport: "Nobody has contacted me from Manchester City - I don't know anything at the moment.

"I love English football and want to work there again one day. But my mind is 100% on Parma right now."

BBC Sport understands Manchester City want a continental manager to take over from Stuart Pearce, who was sacked at the end of the season.

Louis Van Gaal, Ronald Koeman and Gerard Houllier have said they are not interested in the job at Eastlands.

Ranieri took charge of Parma in February after two years out of football.

They were 19th at the time and few gave them much hope of Serie A survival.

But the former Chelsea boss has transformed the club's fortunes - they are now 14th with only two league games remaining and have a great chance of staying up.

Ranieri's contract with the Italian side expires at the end of the season and he is the bookies' favourite for the City job.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ty/6665453.stm

I actually reckon he will go to city if offered the job. suppose it depends on if they get bought out. time will tell.