Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Airport Check In

Hey all, Just wondered if anyone had flown out of the UK recently and what the check in process was like at the airport.

I'm off to Turkey on friday, flying from Manchester to Dalaman and am a little worried about taking my PSP, DS and camcorder, not to mention the restrictions on hand luggage and liquids.

Anyone been thru this process recently?

I found this on the Manchester Airport website which I hope will help others too:

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/w...SecurityUpdate

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Airport Check In

Hi Danny
    We flew out from East Midlands to Turkey on the 6th May and there are still a lot of restrictions. No fluids of any sort - this includes toiletries, deodorants, toothpaste etc which have to be placed in a clear bag that the airport will provide. No lighters except safety ones. You should be ok with the PSP etc as they will probably be scanned through when you enter departures. Jackets must be removed but they no longer require you to remove your shoes.

No major hassles really, security measures are still tight but acceptable as long as you are prepared. The check in staff are pretty good in advising you what you can take and what to shove into your case instead.

Have fun in Turkey!
    Rallying .... Because Football, Cricket and Golf only requires one ball.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Been from Manchester airport recently...they weren't particularly strict, it isn't as bad as it was last year. I didn't even get body searched. They allowed me on with an mp3 player and camera and my phone. They were pretty arsey about my passport cos its a fecking disgrace, been through the washer in my jeans! But that's pretty understandable. Didn't have to take our shoes off before boarding the flight like we had to do at Manchester last year. You still aint allowed liquids onto flights.

I was pretty alarmed that the metal detectors at Doha and Dubai both failed to pick up on my keys and coins in my pocket when i walked through...........
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers for the advice fellas.